MEMBER-PARTICIPATION AREA USAGE POLICY
(Last updated 4/1/2007)
Part I. By posting to the forums and other member-participation areas on this site, you agree to the following:
(a) I am at least thirteen (13) years of age.
(b) Through my choice of username, email address, or conduct on the site, I am not claiming to be any real person other than myself.
(c) Content on this website may or may not be appropriate for minors, and I am aware that third party technology (meaning, not provided by Blairsville.com or its parent company BoeBro Ventures, Inc.) is available to assist me in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.*
(d) BoeBro Ventures, Inc. is under no obligation to monitor or moderate member-contributed postings, and therefore is no way responsible for the member-contributed postings to any section of Blairsville.com, including, but not limited to the discussion forums and restaurant reviews.
(e) I agree to receive email notifications from Blairsville.com regarding my use of the website and Blairsville.com announcements. I may unsubscribe from any marketing emails sent by Blairsville.com at any time, but may still occasionally receive email from Blairsville.com or BoeBro Ventures, Inc. related to my specific use of the site, or other account-related communications.
Part II. In addition, you agree to the following rules of conduct in your participation on this site:
1. Objectionable Material. You will not post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit, or select any username or provide any email address that is or contains or links to information that is or contains:
2. Personal attacks. While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter can result in that member being removed from the forum.
3. Allegations of negative fact(s). Posts containing unsubstantiated allegations of negative fact(s) about a person, company, or other entity, whether directly or indirectly referenced or named in the post, will be deemed offensive and removed. Unsubstantiated facts will include all statements which are not supported directly by a separately published and publicly accessible report, story, document, or similar item, or are your own personal experience. Information you received from another person is not your own personal experience.
4. "Flame-wars." Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."
5. Member-provided Advertisements. (a) There will be no unauthorized advertising or product marketing. No ads, without the express written permission of BoeBro Ventures, Inc., whether commercial or personal, are allowed in the member-contributed areas, except in the Classifieds section. An advertisement is defined as an obvious attempt to solicit business. Any such posts outside of Classifieds will be removed. Please limit Classified postings per member to no more than 3 active posts at any one time.
(b) None of the following items may be advertised, offered for sale, or sold through the Classified postings of this website:
(c) Neither Blairsville.com nor its parent company, BoeBro Ventures, Inc., is either a buyer or seller of merchandise offered in the Classified section, and provides only a venue or forum for people interested in buying or selling permitted products to meet and communicate. Neither Blairsville.com nor BoeBro Ventures, Inc., are involved in the actual sale between buyers and sellers. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete any sale of goods requested or advertised.
6. Linking. Links to personal or business web pages are permitted as long as the message is not a direct advertisement (See Rule 4) and the poster has the permission of the linked site. Unless otherwise indicated, the companies operating such third party websites are not affiliated with the Company. Neither Blairsville.com nor BoeBro Ventures, Inc. has any control over the content of any external websites, and any linking is in no way an endorsement or sponsorship of any external website by Blairsville.com or BoeBro Ventures, Inc.
7. No spamming. Do not post the same message repeatedly.
8. Person to Person Messages. Posts directed to a specific person can be considered off topic and may be deleted by our administrators or moderators.
9. Use of Graphics. Limited graphics in the form of smilies are allowed. Hot-linking of pictures and images from other sites, other than approved smilies, is prohibited.
10. Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate. While we value your participation and input, the Internet is a very big place and other sites may provide a more appropriate forum if what you want to do or write about does not fit within our rules and guidelines. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. We will make any changes available for review on this website, and may, at our discretion, also post a notice of the changes in the discussion forums.
10. The determination of whether or not material is deemed to violate any of the above rules is within the sole discretion of BoeBro Ventures, Inc. or its authorized agents and representatives, including volunteer moderators as may be chosen to monitor the site.
11. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material or material that otherwise violates any of these policies as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
12. We reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Blairsville.com, BoeBro Ventures, Inc., and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to remove your access to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
13. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database.
14. We at Blairsville.com also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) to the appropriate authorities in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
If you have any questions about these rules, please contact us.
* For more information on parental control software, please contact us.