New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 19 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Tour de Georgia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  12:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O SIR LANCE A LOT O SIR LANCE A LOT WITH LEGS SO PERDY IN THEM PEDDLING SHOES, I SURE GONNA BE MISSING YOU!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 04/22/2005 12:37:02 PMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  12:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HOPE THAT ALL IS WELL AND MADDY YOU ARE IN THE DRY HUN. ITS POPPIN AND CRACKIN HERE BADLY~

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  1:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The owner of the Village seems convinced that it is the Ron Brown that he knows. Who knows? it is a common name.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know someone who is in a common listed organization as Ron Brown is in the one who work for Proflame.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  1:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok by me. I wonder what he will do next??

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does everyone know this and how can he afford to run a full page advertisement? I am not taking up for him, just asking cause it is such a common name.

Go to Top of Page

Food4Thought

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  6:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The manager of ProFlame is RB Brown. The writer of the ad is Ron Brown and I do not think they are the same person. RB is very opinionated but would have enough backbone to sign something RB Brown as everyone knows him by this name. I have never heard him go by Ron D. Brown. I have had dealings with him on several occasions on different matters so I know how he can be. I support the Tour De Georgia and hope we can show everyone that comes through Blairsville what a great town we are. I will be volunteering this year and am really looking forward to it. I went to Hiawassee last year to watch them ride through and it was fun..not real exciting but still was not something I see every year. Again, I do think you are knocking the wrong Brown. Maybe I am wrong just don't think so. See you all Sunday.Go to Top of Page
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  6:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the main thing is, is the manager of proflame Ron B. Brown or Ron D. Brown? Ron D. Brown is the one that signed his name to the ad.

Go to Top of Page

Food4Thought

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The manager of ProFlame is RB Brown -- not Ron D Brown. Unless I am mistaken (which I could be) they are two different men.Go to Top of Page
Business Owner

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  9:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is Ronnie D Brown the same as RB Brown of pro flame he talked to a friend of mine and he is the owner of the full page article in the north georgia news. Call him up hes been getting calls all day.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  10:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right business owner!! R.B. stands for Ron Brown.......His first and last initials, that's what he's always been called R.B.

And yes, some girls from our office called and He takes responsibility for the Ad!!

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  11:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good for him. If you're going to be impassioned about something, it's worthwhile to have the stones to say "Yep, that was me." I don't agree with his position, but I certainly respect his willingness to put his position out there!

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV! Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2005 :  11:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I MISS MADDY ADN SHE IS DOWN YONDER IN THE BIG CITY GOIN TO THAT ANGIE OR ANGEL CONCERT TOMORROW NITE! HAVE FUN MADDY AND BECAREFUL!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to have that cleared up, my husband said he was called RB and that is why I thought we had the wrong man. So he has owned up to being the owner of the ad in the paper. I wonder if that will hurt proflames business?

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  6:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back!!! The race Friday was great to watch & I'm glad it quit raining when they came over. That was an awful storm, twice! We had hail & very high winds. The racers were an hour behind schedule too. Lance showed me his legs, DOC!! You missed it. I haven't checked anywhere else to WHY you weren't there! Bummer girl!
Shadow, I do agree with you in the sense that someone who speaks up for their beliefs or position on something, but I think he went about it in a very negative way in threatning local businesses & the sponsors of the race.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  6:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad that the bikers did not get hit with that bad weather we had yesterday. I was wondering about that. I guess it was a good thing they were an hour late. I hope the weather is going to improve for tomorrows race and all the activity at Meeks Park.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  6:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They got it as well. They had one biker go sliding across the road & ended up in the hospital. He's okay, but his race is over.
Anyone know who finished first today?

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  6:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about that, but glad he is going to be ok. Haven't heard about who came in first.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stage 5: Gainesville to Brasstown Bald/Towns County

Preliminary Stage Results:

1 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel

2 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner

3 Lance Armstrong (USA) Discovery Channel

4 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems

5 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC

6 Trent Lowe (Aus) Jittery Joe's-Kalahari

Preliminary Overall Results:

1 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel

2 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner

3 Floyd Landis (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I missed it! Its in here and Im sure we will chat but nevertheless the intentions was good~ I promise you it wasnt just a shrug off!

I spoke to my cousin and he said there was a head injury!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
but I think he went about it in a very negative way in threatening local businesses & the sponsors of the race.

Oh, no argument there, Maddy. I'm guessing he's realized by now how much he missed the mark though in terms of which businesses were supporting it. Every one I could think of was represented in the program guide for it.

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV! Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2005 :  7:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AND THANK GOD!~ My cousin enjoyed it very much and my brother in law worked it too and enjoyed it as well!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  5:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
16:46 EDT 150km/51.5km to go
The gap is falling now as we are about 20 minutes from Alpharetta. The break is still working well together with Tafi really powering it. The gap is coming down however, and is now at 2'30" with LPR doing the work in the chase.

It's almost over!!

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  5:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
16:59 EDT 161km/40.5km to go
LPR still doing all the work back in the bunch. Health Net have been able to have an easier day so far but when this break gets caught they are going to have to start working for Henderson to keep that sprint jersey. I believe the sprint points on the finish line are 15 points for the winner.

Current race situation

Tafi (Saunier Duval), Pate (Jelly Belly), Krauss (Gerolsteiner) and Perras (Kodak Gallery/Sierra Nevada)

Peloton at 1'50"

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
17:24 EDT 180km/21.5km to go
The whole Health Net squad have moved up to the front now. They really need to get Henderson set up here as they have their sprint jersey to protect. They'll also be aiming to win this stage at the same time. You'll remember that this is the stage Gord won last year on the same finishing circuit, so they know it well.

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy