New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 19 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does not provide legal advice or services. The information here is provided by Blairsville.com members and is not verified for truthfulness or accuracy. You should consult a legal professional regarding any legal issues.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Alcohol by the drink
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 29
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Wildflower, I am amazed at what you just told. I remember growing up in florida when everything was closed on sundays and there was nothing to do. My mother worked 6 days a week, so sunday was when she did house work and laundry. I remember my sister's MIL, critizing my mother for doing work on Sundays! I think that is why so many people eat out after church, so they don't have to do any work.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  6:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
They used to close everything down here on Sundays too. I imagine those who do go out to eat on Sunday are no different than the ones who eat throughout the week. Sunday is probably the only day they can REST. But the way I look at that is, someone is having to work in order for me to eat. So you dont see me eating out much on a Sunday or getting groceries.

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  7:02:42 PM  Show Profile
Native,

The word "blame" makes it sound like I'm being unfair and accusing a group who is innocent.

But the truth is, the Christian community as a whole isn't anti-drinking; it's primarily the Baptists. And I dare you to tell me that isn't so.

Also, I don't only talk about Baptists (and I'm not alone). I talk about all the issues that pertain to this subject besides religion.

My only goal is to make people think about things more.

It's more important to me that people really THINK about whether their vote will truly accomplish their goals. That's more important than the actual outcome of this vote.

There are some people who really should not drink. There are some families where alcohol makes their family situation worse. It's possible that God impressed it on your heart not to drink, because it's uniquely wrong for you.

But did he tell you to deny everyone else the choice?

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  7:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
By voting Yes or No...? Yes Ma'm! If it wasn't such an issue then we wouldn't have to vote for it would we?

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  8:41:28 PM  Show Profile
It has not been decided by a vote in every community across America - because it's already legal.

It didn't even have to be decided by a vote in Blairsville. That's just the way the commissioner chose to handle it.

Anyway, are you saying God told you it's wrong for other people to drink?

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  9:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Yes. God has told that it is wrong. It is written but I guess depending on which Bible ya use.... is to where ya get your information..

Ya know, I am gonna qoute a scripture outta the Bible for you because you asked and yes it does pertain to alcohol.. and what yall still wanna throw at the no voters... shows an apparent I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU as they understand..

PROVERBS

CHAPTER 20

WINE is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

2 The fear of a king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to anger sinneth against his own soul.

3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing.

5 Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

6 Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

8 A king that sitteth in the throne of judgment scattereth away all evil with his eyes.

9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.

11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

15 There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

16 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger: and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.

17 Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.

18 Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.

19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.

20 Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.

21 An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.

22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

25 It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make inquiry.

26 A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.

27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

28 Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.

29 The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head.

30 The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  9:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
This topic appears to have played itself out and is now focused solely on the religious aspect of the argument, rather than the political ones. There is a separate section to discuss religous issues and one specifically about alcohol that GrayEagle created to go in tandem with the political discussion located here:
http://blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2620

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 29 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy