New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
 All Forums
 Seen around our community
 Seen or unseen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  12:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Write as many books on here as you want and I'm sure you will. 

There is no reasoning with someone who is always right about everything.  Of course there are some bad cops, but there are a heck of alot more criminals and since I am not one of those I have nothing to fear from the police.

BlueRose, that was completely uncalled for.

My friend was not a criminal either, but apparently he had something to fear from the cops.

I hope you never have someone close to you who goes through something like that.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  1:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We The People . . . deserve transparency (no pun intended) as much as possible in our police force and government.

Thus, I am against the authoritarian dark-tinted windows.

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  3:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my frequent visits to Germany.Austria and Switzerland,police cars are few and far between.It isn't necessary for them to prowl the roads with dark windows.In the United States the name of the game is to take what you want and beat the system.We live in the leading criminal society on this planet.I would like to see police armed with A.K.47 assult rifles and a few hand grenades,maybe then we will be a country of law and order,the same as those I have mentioned.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  3:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some cops I would like to see armed that way.. its not the ones that were cops in the Rodney King case..

This went from what do you see or unseen to Police Brutality and wow..

I dont know of one of our cops locally who have done damage to anyone brutally in this last decade..
Nor really before then brutally wise..

I think the cops do deserve respect.. the upmost.. I have respect for them.. they are dealing with the worst most of the time.. lots have families.. and second jobs cause the cop job pays very lil.
Not enough to put up with the mouths and stuff that goes with it..

I dont fear them.. any of them.. I do respect them.

Why does ALL the cars say Sheriff on them instead of Deputy Sheriff? It causes confusion.. sometimes but it aint killing anyone..

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."
— Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, "father" of America's nuclear navy (1900-1986).
Go to Top of Page

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  3:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The cop incidents mentioned by Wf are not excusable but wow - very few bad things happen compared to all the good things. Usually when a cop does something even remotely bad they are called on it right away. More so than people in regular jobs. Cops are 99.999% great. I do not think it's even right to bring up a bad cop story unless there are more bad than good.

Having to reach back to the Rodney king incident which happened 17 YEARS AGO is perfect testimony to how rare police brutality really is.

Furthermore, unless someone has something bad to say about our Union County Sherrif's office, I don't think we should compare anyone in that office to other jurisdictions.

So, let's let the UC sherrif protect themselves with their dark tinting and not make anymore issues about it unless it's to directly say something about why the UC sherrif should't have it.

'nuf said

Welcome to the mountains... blend in or move onGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  4:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheriffs, and other preotection services should have more than tinted windows.. if crime is that bad.. they should have the kind of glass as in armour trucks..

Bville is no comparison to L.A. either.. we are still very small considering the City.. and we have a small budget to go with the small town..

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 05/06/2008 4:32:19 PMGo to Top of Page

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  5:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LMAO!! This is why I love you people so - you really need me. You need me to state the obvious once again.

The reason the cars are black is for the intimidation factor. It's to send a message to anyone and everyone who passes by, "We're the authority in this town, in case you had any doubt". Get out of line and the wrath of Darth Vader will reign down upon you. Fear us or else! That's why the color choice.

As to the tinted windows, the message is to make you feel watched whether you are or not. Big Brother is here so watch your self. Don't get out of line.

This is why swat teams wear black, it's why Darth Vader wore black, it's why Hitler's SS wore black. All for the fear factor.

It also says, this ain't your Mayberry RFD anymore. This ain't smiling Andy Griffith or Barney fumbling for his bullets.

Now before the it's-only-for-the-criminals crowd jumps in with, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to fear, think for a moment please. Remember when "To Protect and Serve" was prominently displayed on police cars? Where on that vehicle do you see those words?

The job of a "peace" officer is to protect and serve the public not to mention uphold the Constitution. So much so, they ALL swear an oath to do just that.

And please don't give me, they need the tinted windows to keep out the heat! That simply doesn't fly when the whole cruiser is BLACK!

Someone made these choices for a reason. If you don't believe it, I have some choice waterfront lots for sale in the Arizona desert waiting for a buyer like you.

Until we change the way money works - we change nothing.

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/06/2008 6:27:23 PMGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  6:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were in the LA area when the Rodney King thing happened.  What the world saw was what the MEDIA wanted you to see.  There was much more to what happened than the short clip they showed.  King was not the poor innocent victim he was portrayed as.

But that is an old wound.  Time  has shown the kind of fine upstanding young man he is.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  6:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
M.Ali said, "I ain't got no quarrel with then cong".I ain't got no quarrel with the cops.They have been wearing dark colors for centuries.Black seems to require less washing.Both sides of the coin should be considered.Is it cause and effect or effect and cause?If the average citizen would be required to deal with the trash element in this country,they would probably have a better understanding why some cops must act as they do.I can imagine what the city of Atlanta evolve to if all the coppers lose contact with reality.The law abiding citizen isn't intimidated by the police.Some people know that fear is the least effect motivator,in establishing leadership.WRJ

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanna know why they say Sheriff on all of them.. or most.. ? Not that the deputies arent good enough to have it there.. but deputy was on them when the protect and serve was too? I remember that.. yes!
Ive had a black vehicle with tinted out windows and that lil sticker saying LEGAL.. and it was.. and I still couldnt see out of it at night.. there were several instances where it coulda and was dangerous.. :( Specially cause that long metal part that connects the front to the side of the car hid lots of things anyways..

Black has been around for a long time.. may they dont have to wear the forestry green anymore either.. ? The Black looks better.. but hey.. I really like Jim Dangles get up too.. now thats some cost effeciency there for certain..

Go to Top of Page

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  9:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Jenks/All,

"The law abiding citizen isn't intimidated by the police.Some people know that fear is the least effect motivator,in establishing leadership".WRJ

I'm not saying all police are bad. Even though I was harassed
relentlessly as a teen because my hair was a tad longer than some. So much so, my father went to the sherrif's home to explain to him I was a good hard-working kid and not a dope smoker or a trouble maker.

Or because an irrate cop insisted I tried to run him off the road when I got a little too close to him after a lane change (which wasn't the case). Who then accused me of being intoxicated. When he couldn't prove it, he said I refused to take a breathalyzer when I didn't. Which landed me in court where I made a deal for a lesser penalty because I didn't want to spend weeks in jail as opposed to just days. Which also suspended my license for a year so I had to pay some kid to drive me around so I could make a living and pay the attorney, court fees and fines. Which eventually caused me to lose my job and declare bankruptcy.

Or even when I first moved to the mountains here and had the highway patrol chased me down because they said I ignored an officer who was supposedly waving me to pull over at a seat belt check point. When I did pull over just a short distance away the patrolman flung open his door, got down on one knee with his hand on his pistol and demanded I stick my hands out the window where he could see them. Treating me like some criminal. By the way, after sticking my hands up in the air he then ordered me to stand up which I could not do because my lap belt was secured around my waist. He then ordered me up against my car and frisked me in front of the whole town in which I had just moved to. When he finally figured out that I had not seen them waving at me and I was not running from them nor was I a wanted criminal, his only statement was "By the way Mr. _________, welcome to Blue Ridge".

If anyone should be pissed off at cops in general- I should be. STILL, I will say that ALL officers are not bad. But, riding around in all black cars with totally obscured windows IS sending the wrong message. PERIOD. It's disgusting and should be seen as such!

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/06/2008 10:21:15 PMGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  9:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there you go . . . Mountainguy said it all.

BTW, when I first moved to Towns County, the very first newspaper I bought had a Letter To The Editor about how people were tired of being fearful of the previous Sheriff, and they were glad he got voted out.

If Chris Clinton hadn't been voted in recently as Sheriff, I'm not sure I'd want to live in Towns County. A lot of information has come pouring out about the past here and it is a real education - a shocking one.

But maybe Union County is different.

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just can't see the problem!

whyGo to Top of Page

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just can't see the problem!

why

Exactly my point, the windows are too damn dark!

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/08/2008 11:30:18 AMGo to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no legitimate reason that the sheriff department vehicles should have blacked out windows. Not "tinted" but blacked out. I do not think they would pass the legal "tint" test.

As stated in a prior post, the ONLY reason is imtimidation. You can put as much spin on the reason as a Mixmaster but it is still spin and there is no reason for it.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

My question is:

If the windows are darker than state law permits, can the department be reported to GBI or some state law enforcement agency?  If so, why not report it?

Or better yet, send a letter to the editior of the NGN! (NOT!)tongue

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shucks,Who do you think is being intimidated with the police having dark windows,the criminal or law abiders if not who is? WRJ

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  12:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wildflower.I think M.G.said it all in explaining why he has a possible vendetta against law enforcement for unpleasant experiences.I have had a few myself and I don't allow myself to be suspicious of them collectively.Sometimes the rural towns the coppers do these things as he described.Maybe they are hired after being fired from taxi drivers.WRJ

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WRJ, children are thought that policemen are their friends and persons to go to in an emergency. Kids like bright colors, black scares them.

The "dark" factor is meant to intimidate, as was posted, the Gestapo, Hitler's SS, SWAT teams dress in black to intimidate.

It intimidates both the public and the criminal element. My statement was it was intimidating, not necesscarily who.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  12:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wildflower.I think M.G.said it all in explaining why he has a possible vendetta against law enforcement for unpleasant experiences.I have had a few myself and I don't allow myself to be suspicious of them collectively.Sometimes the rural towns the coppers do these things as he described.Maybe they are hired after being fired from taxi drivers.WRJ

William R.Jenkins

"Unpleasant" experiences?! An enema is an "unpleasant experience". Threatening too shoot someone and robbing them of all their money is criminal. Remind me to buy you a dictionary Jenks.

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/08/2008 12:57:52 PM

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/08/2008 12:59:06 PM

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/08/2008 5:08:09 PMGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  1:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shucks,I have a turtle neck shirt,I wear this when I play poker,now I know why I winn so often I am intimidating the other players.You were absent from the forun for a spell.I have a dog and gator stickon ,but no noles at this time.WRJ

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  1:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
G.I. Joe: The Dark Suit Of Propaganda

Ethan Allen
Rogue Government
May 8, 2008

In the 1980s, the enemy of G.I.Joe was Cobra, and their imagery was deeply impressed onto fans of the comic books, action figures, and cartoons. From the Baroness’ black leather catsuit, to Destro’s silver head, to the black face masks of the Cobra soldiers, Cobra’s gloomy black and dark blue attire were just reflections of their villainous actions, as opposed to the good guys G.I.Joe, which had a much more bright and colorful look and attitude. Every Joe it seemed had a different costume and personality, where as Cobra seemed to stamp out its troops via some clone machine. Everything with Cobra was dark, and without humanity, and it made sense because they were the bad guys.

Well, times have changed. As if to continue some unspoken Hollywood trend, the makers of the upcoming G.I.Joe movie have decided to clad their good guys in Imperial black armor, similar in style to many recent action and comic book movies which have had their heroes wearing dark black suits and armor (X-men, etc). Every image released so far of the good guys (Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Heavy Duty and Breaker) all show them in dark combat gear, no different than the kind that would have been worn by their arch-enemies Cobra just 20 years ago.

This imagery is in line with current uniform trends with police and military all over the world. From black face masks for SWAT teams, to next generation combat armor, black and menacing outfits are being filtered into kids’ action flicks. The problem is, the dark troopers marching in unison and ‘doing what needs to be done to stop evil’ is now the operating procedure of the good guys, the heroes that kids emulate and want to be when they grow up.

Black uniformed death squads seem to be everywhere now, from Peruvian riot police, to SWAT teams, to the Robocop police outfits of the future. The power elite that rule this world want us to indulge in evil and partake in our own destruction, and it would seem that evil is now good and back in black.

Until we change the way money works - we change nothing.Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  2:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a dictionary to suit my own needs.If I don't agree with a word,I just line it out and write another in it's place.That is the reason that the Flower and I are always right,at least I am.WRJ

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  2:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know there is an enemy behind each tree,eventho I can't see them,they are still there.WRJ

pauly4toes

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  11:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pauly4toes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been reading the post to this particular subject, and frankly I can not see the problem here. The windows of a law enforcement vehicle whether they are clear or tinted seams like a very petty thing to worry about. If you are not speeding or breaking the law in any way, why should you worry about seeing who's in the car?Go to Top of Page
Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy