New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 16 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does not provide legal advice or services. The information here is provided by Blairsville.com members and is not verified for truthfulness or accuracy. You should consult a legal professional regarding any legal issues.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Alcohol by the drink
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 29
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile
to shadow!

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  12:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Can someone please explain to me what the article meant in the North Ga. News about the alcohol by the drink? I've read it 2 times and think I know but....

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  2:37:43 PM  Show Profile
I think they thought they would have to put two proposals on the ballot, one for alcohol and one for beer and wine. Now they don't.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  2:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
It was just the City changing their alcohol ballot questions to only one question, to match what the County is putting on their ballot.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  3:38:17 PM  Show Profile
That's what I thought it meant. Guess I was reading more into it than was needed. Thanks Coosa and Shadow.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  4:15:02 PM  Show Profile
I will drink to that!!

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  8:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
I have ,in the last few days noticed several vote no signs along Town Creek School road.Maybe the churches are selling those signs to the flock.If so the flock should realize that signs are a waste of money and have ,probably 0 effect on the way others will vote.I believe sighs of this type have joined the scrap heap of history along with the car mounted loud speakers of the 30's. WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
No, the church isn't selling the signs, they BOUGHT the signs. And with our church, no fund raising was required. And yes, we help the sick and feed the poor and pay the disabled family member who has been injured, we help the widows, cloth the needy and cousel the hopeless and helpless. Money wasn't an issue.

And no one (from our church) had a sign put out unless they wanted it on their property. It was that person's option and their own doings!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
Nl.I have personal knowledge of the churches being very helpful.I have never even made an attempt to discredit the activities of the members.Some of the leaders maybe.I am not anti-church as I may have seemed.I know hundreds of church members in Fl.I accept them as normal people. WRJ

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
I understand what you're saying. Believe it or not, I do.

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:24:47 PM  Show Profile
I thought of a great slogan for the "other side"...

"It's YOUR right to vote, for YOUR Spirits"!

Edited by - mad4martinis on 05/18/2006 10:35:49 PM

Edited by - mad4martinis on 06/06/2006 08:15:39 AMGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
Native lady,I do believe you.I am happy that you can partially understand what motivates me on this subject. I have never opposed anyone in being a church mwmber. WRJ

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Mr Jenkins, I respect you for that and I do believe I am "beginning" to understand your 'reality' on some issues. You're a pretty nice guy ... in person too!

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
Nl You indicate that our paths have crossed,if so tell me about it.WRJ

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:15:33 PM  Show Profile
I like your sign Maddy. Why do church people care one way or the other about this topic? All they have to do is NOT order a drink.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Coosa, why should others care if church people care, all you have to do is vote YES. It's a 50/50 shot.

Jenkins, I can't really got into detail other than you were a gentleman.

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:24:48 PM  Show Profile
It's a control issue, or maybe for some a lack of control if they have it around.
I've got a question that I've been thinking about. Smoking Kills too, much more than alcohol or even Breast Cancer, so why aren't there signs up protesting about smoking?

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
And let's not forget Overeating, also. It's not a control issue in our church. Some of our members are for it some are against it, it's a matter of choice in our church. No gun is stuck to any ones head for the sign to be put in a driveway or to vote No on the issue. Once again it's my personal choice. And I will admit to being a smoker and you are right it kills, but heart disease not only stems from the smoking but the food we take in and the genetics of it also. I imagine drinking and smoking pretty much go hand in and hand with the addiction of the substance. Although, I dont think a cigarette will kill someone on the road unless of course their trying to find a lighter and not looking.

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
And let me clarify another thing. It's not only our church, but other churches in the area, and no they aren't all Baptist either. I know the guy who is making the signs and he is making them for all different denominations in this county.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  2:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Secondhand smoke harms others directly.

I should know - my ex smoked 3 packs a day. Thanks to living with that for so many years, I am now extremely sensitive to smoke and start coughing if I inhale the slightest amount of smoke.

I wasn't that sensitive to smoke before I met him. I'm hoping that 17 years of exposure didn't do any damage. Some non-smokers who have been exposed for long periods have contracted lung cancer and died. The scary thing for me, is that I develop throat problems easily.

Children of smokers get more asthma, allergies and ear problems.

Personally, I would date a social drinker, but not a smoker. Has nothing to do with how good a person is - you just can't escape the smoke if you spend time with the person.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  6:02:11 PM  Show Profile
As an X smoker, chewer, and long ago drinker, I think the second hand efects of all three are pretty bad (And Messy). I feel for those poor souls who stand outside restaurants to smoke in all kinds of weather but am glad I'm not one of them, the second hand effects of alcohol are two fold, the one that affected me most was not only rough on me but those who saw me sick. (Dry heaves later, anyone.) Lucky I didn't drink and drive much. Chewing is the most disgusting habit I ever enjoyed, I still could chew a case tonight even thought its been several years since I quit, but the only side effects are to those who step in the results. I once read an article about how to chew socially, it stated, "when at a dinner party, no one notices your tea glass getting fuller". Gross Huh.

Enough of this, this may be off topic but I just throwed it in.

whyGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  9:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Why, My daddy smoked when I was younger and I used to swear I never would. Never seen Dad take a drink of anything, but OHHHH at the Mammoth Cave and Levi Garrett the man consumed in his life time. He picked up a calculator (the best I recollect) and figured how much he was paying on tobacco and never chewed it again. So him being an ex smoker, ex chewer, you can imagine how he pours on the coals with me. Ex smokers are the biggest Anti-smoker there are. I know I was one for a year and said all this stuff too only to pick them back up again. Ok...I am off topic too...

Mr Jenkins,

I'll give ya a hint....Strawberry-blonde hair (reddish blonde) and I asked you for something and returned it back to you. Does that ring a bell?

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  9:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Mr Jenkins....

You have mail!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  6:14:10 PM  Show Profile
I have known a lot of people that died from smoking, both family and friends. I don't know anyone that has died from drinking. However, I will probably vote no.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  08:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Coosa, I think it's directed to the drunks on the road who kill others and themselves. But, having a drink at dinner or at a friends house doesn't make you a drunk.
What's it matter if you vote no or yes coosa? Y'all eat at the same establishment 99.9% of the time and they are in the city limits. It won't help you or harm you.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

Topic is 29 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy