New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  2:04:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Bubbas is good. It used to be great, but in my opnion the new owners have let it slip (I tried it 4 times since), and raised prices. It was fantastic before. I live right over there and would go all the time. I am worried about the place, they have really cut back hours and its really quiet there. Now can someone tell me why we have a Dollar General at that intersection?

We do? I did not know we had a Dollar General there and I pass there all the time. Guess it's not very noticeable.

I'm trying Bubba's though.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  2:23:39 PM  Show Profile
I thought about going to Sawmill for lunch, but Gary wasn't in the mood!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:08:47 PM  Show Profile
He had a rough day Coosa!

Well we got Bubba's, it's quite expensive that is true.

I can see I would have gotten a ton of meat for a half slab, but unfortunately I got home, opened it up and it was burnt. I could not chew it.

It all fell off the bone nicely, but the meat was burnt.

Seems like the sauce was very nice, beans and coleslaw just fine.

I will try it again, but I'm kinda bummed.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Thought that was you but was NOT sure and had to get home.. Burnt... Ome, Id taken it back.. sorry Im one of those who would have... Sorry and glad the rest was ok...

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Well my dogs would be in heaven right now, but they are freshly groomed and pure white I dare not let them touch BBQ sauce.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:16:45 PM  Show Profile
I've never gotten the ribs. Hubby has and I didn't care for them. I get the bbq plate.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:17:30 PM  Show Profile
I would take it back too, Cherry, i am sure it cost you a fortune.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Pud thats what I get and hunny gets the ribs and loves them. They dont look burned tho but who knows who cooks them thangs... from this time to the next.

The kids like the Cheese sandwhiches there...

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:43:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm certain it was just the time of day I got there.

2:30 or so. I think I got lunch leftovers and they just heated them up. If it was busy I would have gotten them fresh.

Believe me they looked burnt and could not be chewed.

I love ribs, so I'll try them again, just during lunch or dinner and not in between.

No, I won't take them back....live and learn, but seems to me they should not have sold them to me. I told them I was a first time customer. Think She'd want to make me happy so I'd come back?

Cherry Blossom

Edited by - Cherry Blossom on 01/10/2006 4:44:35 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  5:32:36 PM  Show Profile
You would think they would want you to come back! They should be just as good at 2:30 as they are at 12. When you order in a restaurant, it doesn't matter if it is 5 pm or 8pm., they should be good!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Monets is going to be full Friday! We've got a large group coming in to celebrate Friday the 13th!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  5:58:47 PM  Show Profile
That is my favorite day!!! I was married on Friday the 13th!!

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  8:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Waffle House still has a score of 100 from the Health Department. Kudos to their management and staff!

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  8:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Shadow, have you been to tampa on business? I am going the end of this month and Joy is going with me. We are staying at the Wyndham Westshore. If you have been there, do you know of some good places to eat.

She is going on a couple of tours while I am stuck in meetings!

GrayEagle
"If we dwell upon the harms that have been wrought on us by humankind, we amputate from our mind the power of dwelling upon God." The abbot MacariusGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  8:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Unfortunately I haven't, Gray. My saying is "If a place is desirable (as in near a beach), then I never get sent to work a contract there." I go instead to Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Massachussetts, and D.C. in the winter time, and Texas and South Carolina in the summer time!

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  8:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Come to think of it, this is the first time I have been to a nice place like this myself! Hummm, too bad I will be stuck inside! And will have some after hours work to enjoy also.

GrayEagle
"If we dwell upon the harms that have been wrought on us by humankind, we amputate from our mind the power of dwelling upon God." The abbot MacariusGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Shader... My Great Aunt Jackie lives somewheres in that Masssaaa.. that place.. wished you could stop in and tell her hellllllllooooooooo from me. Bless.. Youd think theyd send you to them big ole citys like Cali and stuff! >:D<

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:09:19 AM  Show Profile
Gray, just tell me what kind of food and what price range and I will point you in the right direction. If you don't want to discuss it here, just e-mail me. I'm in St Pete which is right across the bridge from Tampa. Your hotel is very close to some great restaurants.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:27:27 AM  Show Profile
The hotel has a "Shula's Steak House" which is suppose to be great. I didn't know that they were outside of South Florida. I would like to eat there one night.

I am thinking about going to the Florida Aquarium one day. I'm looking at taking a Dolphin Eco tour (through the aquarium) in the afternoon. I haven't decided on that yet. I'm a little concerned because I will be by myself and my eyesight is not good.

There is also a mall (Westshore Plaza) across the street (West Kennedy Blvd) that I am thinking about visiting too as long as I don't have to cross the street on foot (that seems to be a big street and I don't want to get run over)!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joyfulringer

Edited by - joyfulringer on 01/12/2006 08:30:16 AMGo to Top of Page

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:34:56 AM  Show Profile
If you like Spanish food, you need to try the Columbian Restraunt in Ybor City. Ybor is just off of downtown, 7th avenue. There is a trolly that can take you there from Westshore/Kennedy Blvd. Better to go there for dinner and walk around. I would not be down there after 10pm, party place sort of like a small New Orleans, but plenty of police for safety. Plenty of good restraunts, How long are you in town for? At least the weather is warm for you.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:42:01 AM  Show Profile
We will be there from Jan. 25-27. I don't care for Spanish food but I LOVE seafood! Any good seafood places in that area?

Is that Westshore Plaza Mall a nice mall? What anchor stores do they have?

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:10:23 AM  Show Profile
Shula's is good but the portions are HUGE (the prices are, too). Since you're in a hotel it makes getting a doggie bag out of the question. Everything is ala carte on the menu so it gets pricey real quick.
If you are looking for a great steak place go to Charley's. It is a few blocks up Westshore from the hotel. It's a little pricey but everything we've ever eaten there has been outstanding. They do seafood as well as they do beef. It's a big 'business dinner' place so be sure to make reservations, if you go. In fact, my hubby will be there tonight!
If you want a 'big night out' for steak, go to Bern's Steakhouse. It is quite a dining experience. Take a look at their menu www.bernssteakhouse.com.
Joy, there are sooooo many good restaurants within a few miles of your hotel. Just let me know what you like to eat and I will point you in the right direction.
The mall across the street is called Westshore. it used to be THE MALL until they built International. It is still nice but International is currently THE MALL in the area. It has a lot of stores that are not in any other malls in the area. It has all the normal mall stores plus just about every designer store you can imagine. There is a Nordstroms there, too. I'm sure the hotel has a shuttle service that could even take you to the mall across the street.
The aquarium is worth seeing. I am not familiar with the Dolphin tour, though. We haven't been there in about 2 years.
Let me know when you are coming. Maybe we can meet for lunch one day.

Go to Top of Page

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Westshore is ok, not sure of the stores, most major I'm sure. There is another mall in the area, much larger called International. It offers more, but more expensive. Most of the good seafood is over in St. Pete/Clearwater. In Tampa, you can go to Landry's, It's off the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Sure the hotel can help you on directions. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Well we are going to try out Brothers in Murphy tonight!!

Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:26:04 AM  Show Profile
Joy,
Westshore has Macy's, Saks, Sears, & Penneys
International has Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, & Dillards

If you want to see a listing of all the stores:

www.westshoreplaza.com
www.shopinternationalplaza.com

both also have some good restaurants, not just food court food.

Tampa1's right. You'll have to cross the bridge to get the best seafood in the area.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy