New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
quote:

Thanks Dad.. Bubbas would be consider one then cause they have a place where you can eat.. too. Did you and mom try it?

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.
Saint Francis of Assisi

No we haven't...yet. Someone said they changed ownership and now the food isn't as good. Or am I mistaken? It is so close to us when we are working out there, we should really stop and try them out!

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." EuripidesGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Omy, I forgotten that they had changed ownership too. We got platters there a few weeks ago and it was delicious... yes yuns should try it. ';)

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
Haven't been to Bubba's since they changed hands. I pass it everyday and it doesn't seem to be as busy as it used to. Perhaps that's because of the chilly weather and people want to eat inside. How's the food now?

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Bubba's is still pretty good in my opinion. Now when it first changed hands I ordered a bbq plate and it was way too greasy but I have ordered it since then and it was good. I don't have a gallbladder either Doc and let me tell you there aint nothin like bein miles from home and breaking out in a sweat and turnin the air up full blast and freezin everyone to death and feelin like you need to be in the labor room. LOL

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
Okay....next time I'm hungry for barbeque, it will be Bubba's.

(I'm confused. Are you saying greasy food bothers you since you had your gallbladder removed? Had mine out in 2003 and now can eat just about anything....unfortunately! I was thinner when I really watched the fat intake.)

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Too bad that place south of town had to move, they had good bar b que. I guess rib country is the best place for bar b que; I don't care for bar b que sauce on anything.

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
I consider a restaurant a place with 4 walls. BK is considered a fast food restaurant.

Coosa...you crack me up! :) All of them buildings have 4 walls.
And yep, you're right...they are fast food 'restaurants'.
Which is the point I was making.

"Donít be afraid to be yourself, the people who matter donít care;
the people that care donít matter."

~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile
I meant 4 walls that you can eat inside of. Bubba's and the other bar b que place did not have 4 walls, you ate outside.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  1:01:35 PM  Show Profile
Umm Fawn.lol it was comical cause I had went to the ER in pain and they said it was my gallbladder... sure nuff had some gallstones as big as 10mm.. thought O wow. problem solved.. well as much as greasy foods just go straight thru, Im twice the size I was before I had it removed.lol so I can see what youre saying but certain thangs just aint worth the waste of good money eatin when ya know whats gonna happen.lol

That year me, both my SIL, and quite a few I worked with.. seems like everytime someone I knew went to the ER, they had to have their gallbladder removed. Strange huh?

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

swtsue

USA
667 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:34:21 PM  Show Profile
where is Bubba's ?

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:45:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure, but isn't that by Doc and I? I think so.

I've never seen that place open as of yet.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it is off of 129N , turn left on Ivy log like heading to the dam. I am going to Monets tonight. So what else is new??

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Yep its in a red and yellow trailor off the side of the road... Sue Ill be glad to meet ya there for lunch anytime ;)

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:53:16 PM  Show Profile
When are they open? I pass there all the time and I've never seen them open.

That is great news! I'm so excited a restraunt near me! Hurray!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  5:57:10 PM  Show Profile
It is a trailer and you have to eat outside!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  6:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Cherry they are open for lunch I think mainly... yeah // Ill look.. Hunny went the other evening tho and yeah, they are open.

The BBQ is good.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  6:03:39 PM  Show Profile
I'll bring it home Coosa, it sounds very tasty!

I love BBQ.

That is awesome news. I'm always hoping a restraunt will end up my way!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  6:05:47 PM  Show Profile
It is a bit cold to eat outside! Sometimes we get food and go to Meeks park to eat. (when it is warm)

Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  12:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Bubbas is good. It used to be great, but in my opnion the new owners have let it slip (I tried it 4 times since), and raised prices. It was fantastic before. I live right over there and would go all the time. I am worried about the place, they have really cut back hours and its really quiet there. Now can someone tell me why we have a Dollar General at that intersection?

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  01:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Nope but I am glad we do.lol Save some trips to town that I dont need to take.. Like for Tide, dishwashing liquid.. and probably alotta stuff I dont need as well but will buy like I do when I go to town. hehe..

Ever since I came remember, Ive heard talk of the Murphy Hwy becoming a 4 lane and it is very congested with traffic so my thoughts of this is preparation and smart moves more than likely.. ;)

As for Bubbas, havent they always cut hours back in winter? I thought so??? hmmm..

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage
FYI: I removed a few postings about someone's surgery. They may not want that type of information on here.

Thanks,
Jim

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  11:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Thats very understandable but at least we know to pray for that person Jim:). Thanks for lookin out for others.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  12:36:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Yes, it is off of 129N , turn left on Ivy log like heading to the dam.

I thought if you turned left off of 129 that that was Nottley Dam Rd? Am I at the right place?

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  12:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Yes.. youre right! :)

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile
I always forget, if you turn left, it is Nottely Dam rd. and if you turn right, it is called Ivy Log road.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy