New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
 All Forums
 Seen around our community
 Seen or unseen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  08:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to wonder if anyone inside can see anything from this dark-tinted county vehicle after dusk and before dawn. Is this a daytime only car? Is the budget big enough to accommodate daytime-only vehicles? "Darth Vader on wheels" is my favorite phrase I've heard about these vehicles.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  11:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bill,

I saw that someone also started a thread on the dark-tinted windows on the Topix forum.

The majority of the posters were defending the use of the dark tinting and came up with a million reasons for it.

I've never seen a city cop who needed it.

There seem to be a lot of people who don't give a flip about anything the government does, as long as they're given some feeble excuse to make them feel better.

It doesn't take much to get people to quit using their minds.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  3:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure there are lots of comments on this forum about that. I am not bothered by the tinting one little bit. It defintely protects the people inside so what's the big deal? It's a cool cop car - so what's wrong with having a cool cop car? It certainly doesn't mean I don't use my mind since I don't care that it is a tinted car. I'm required to use my mind all day and all night. I'm not even sure it rests when I'm resting.

Welcome to the mountains... blend in or move onGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  3:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do the people (cops) inside the police car need protecting from?

I think about things like police brutality . . . dark tinted windows could hide it. It's just all too secret for my comfort.

It's a very unfriendly look and walls them off from the community they are supposed to serve and protect.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  3:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This article says the police can ticket YOU even if your tint level is LEGAL.

And now the police can ticket drivers who are just passing through Georgia, even if their home state allows dark tinting.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1602.asp

Well, all travelers and tourists should just boycott Georgia and spend their money elsewhere!

How ridiculous.

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  3:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, for one and a major one, is when they take children to family services when their parents are being arrested. Also, if an officer is writing something down, why let the world know he's not looking up?

I don't get the big deal about it. I would NEVER EVER in a hundred years think of the police brutality angle. That's very city to say that.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  5:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are rather dark.. ours werent that dark and come night time, we couldnt see good out of them.. after the kids played with the switches and the motor burned up on the passenger side door.. that became fusterating and scary..

When we went to my gmaws in Fla.. there were a few with tinted windows that would be pulled over here for illegal tinting.. now why did they make it illegal for some tent in Georgia is a question this photo would raise.. however, I understand their laws in Fla are probably not like ours here.. and I know my gmaw had hers tented because the sun is so hot there alot more than Ga and was cracking the leather in her car... but lets face it.. cop cars get auctioned off.. the keeping the leather from cracking, seats from fading probably is not this purpose...

I was just being goofy when Hunny said something himself first time he seen one of these cars.. and said... thats the cars for the mistermenor folks.. the ones without tent are for the felony ones.. and he just cut his eye and said no.. thats as dangerous as any other car with tint that has been cited for their illegal tint...
I shoulda shut up but then I said.. welp.. maybe they do it that dark cause we are starting to get Floridas hot weather here.. he really was tired of my blah blahs and finally hushed...

I dunno the reasons they have for this.. I dunno why the politicians make laws for them to break? Cant really blame it on the officer whom drives the car cause Im sure they dont order their own.. or do they cause I just really dont know..

hope and love

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 05/03/2008 02:36:25 AMGo to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  08:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

well, for one and a major one, is when they take children to family services when their parents are being arrested. Also, if an officer is writing something down, why let the world know he's not looking up?

I don't get the big deal about it. I would NEVER EVER in a hundred years think of the police brutality angle. That's very city to say that.

Country, I agree with you 100%.  Mac has gone over ALL of the reasons for the tinting in previous posts.  When I see any cop car coming towards me I know he is my friend.   I could go on but this has been beat to death before.

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  08:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That doesn't address whether we as a county can afford to have a whole set of daytime-only cars. Is our sheriff's office spending our tax money cost-effectively on these?

Go to Top of Page

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  6:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhh - I didn't get that from your first post - I see what you mean now. How do we know that the are day-time only - did someone tell you that? Is it just the day-time supervisor's car?

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  8:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess someone could just ask the Sheriff.

Go to Top of Page

iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rather than speculate and [complain] about it, why don't you all ask the sheriff. I did. One day one of you might need help and tinted windows aren't going to bother you then!

Police brutality? Please.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  01:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh really? That's a "city" thing to say and would never happen in the country?

Gee. I live in Towns County and one former deputy and his sidekick shot up a man's home just last year. And the sheriff hid the gun for him.

And some years back, the GBI convicted a couple of Towns County deputies of having sex with female inmates at the county jail.

Oh no, police brutality could NEVER happen here! No indeedy.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  09:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You know the old saying about the "murders" in Towns Co?  It's never murder, it's suicide.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  11:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maddy,

I have seen people on Topix hint around about that.

Evidently, there's a lot of water under the bridge in Towns County. I have no illusions that I escaped all evil by moving here.

The only reason there are fewer crimes in general, is that there are fewer people.

I unexpectedly met someone who is caught up in our latest scandal. It was weird to put a face to the name. This person didn't seem to have a care in the world . . . very cheerful.

Surreal stuff.

xy

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  08:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know the old saying about the "murders" in Towns Co? It's never murder, it's suicide.

And in Union County depending on who is involved, the crime committed is not a crime, it is simply "inappropriate behavior" or "horseplay."

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  09:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish people peace.. if someone can have peace within themselves, they have a better positive outlook.. I dont know the latest scandal but I do know how people treat others sometimes...

hope and loveGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  1:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I nearly was about to agree with someone on this topic,until I saw that it was from country,and them I concluded that if I agree with him there is a very good chance that we are both wrong.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  2:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well then Mr. J. you could agree with me (I agree with Country) and I am 99.999% correct on everything I say.  We also agree on Carl Sagan, remember?

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  3:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blue Rose,Since you agree with Country,that certainly gives him a heap of credibility.All the time I thought you were only playcating him or trying to sell him something.Like country I don't consider law enforcement personal as enemies or that they are brutal.If dark windows helps them in the performance of their duties,I am fer the dark cars.I don't think that those who base ther argument on the fact that if the coppers have tinted windows,non-coppers should also,have a very strong position.Does that make me more acceptable?WRJ

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  4:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Blue Rose,Since you agree with Country,that certainly gives him a heap of credibility.All the time I thought you were only playcating him or trying to sell him something.Like country I don't consider law enforcement personal as enemies or that they are brutal.If dark windows helps them in the performance of their duties,I am fer the dark cars.I don't think that those who base ther argument on the fact that if the coppers have tinted windows,non-coppers should also,have a very strong position.Does that make me more acceptable?WRJ

William R.Jenkins

Very funy Mr. J.  Cops need all the help they can get and they need more pay too.  We are lucky that anyone wants the job and I hate it when people generalize.  To compare what happened in another county (a crime of passion) to police brutality is unfair.  Maybe it's just because I come from a family with several members in law inforcement and know what they go through, but it makes my blood pressure go up when people bash them. 

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  11:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BlueRose,

Having sex with inmates who have no recourse is police brutality isn't it? That happened in my county.

Anyway . . .

I have a very close friend who went through hell on earth because a Georgia cop broke the rules. This person ended up falsely in jail and with a blot on their record that will never go away. And they were innocent!

And the cop knew it.

As a matter of fact, the dirty deeds of this cop have affected this person's life to this day.

When it all went to trial, the cop (finally) felt so bad that he asked the attorney what he could do to rectify the situation. The attorney told him he'd already done enough damage. It was too late by then.

That makes my blood boil on behalf of my friend.

This isn't about your family.

I have no problem with paying cops more money. My own father was a public servant . . . he was a fireman. My parents had friends who were cops.

But I still feel the public deserves any and all protection from the cops that go wrong. And some of them do go wrong. Right now there is a debate whether or not to take Tasers away because there are tons of videos of cops terrorizing people with them.

Years ago, one of my mother's friends was married to a cop that had gone bad. Before leaving for work each morning, he would say . . . "Well, I'm gonna go bust some heads today."

He had changed so much that they ended up divorced. It happens.

I'm sorry for the good cops that aren't like this. We just elected a good cop as Sheriff in Towns County. I feel much better about the whole police department now than I did before, because I believe he has high principles.

Yay for Towns County . . . they got this election right.

But I'll never be so naive as to deny that brutality goes on.

Sorry, but this touched a nerve in me also.

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  08:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coppers are human also.There will always be the good and the bad.There are isolated incidents.Overall they have a lot to contend with due to the way society is today.I won't judge all coppers because one bent a six cell flashlight over my brothers head,when he stopper him for DWI.WRJ

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  09:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

BlueRose,

Having sex with inmates who have no recourse is police brutality isn't it? That happened in my county.

Anyway . . .

I have a very close friend who went through hell on earth because a Georgia cop broke the rules. This person ended up falsely in jail and with a blot on their record that will never go away. And they were innocent!

And the cop knew it.

As a matter of fact, the dirty deeds of this cop have affected this person's life to this day.

When it all went to trial, the cop (finally) felt so bad that he asked the attorney what he could do to rectify the situation. The attorney told him he'd already done enough damage. It was too late by then.

That makes my blood boil on behalf of my friend.

This isn't about your family.

I have no problem with paying cops more money. My own father was a public servant . . . he was a fireman. My parents had friends who were cops.

But I still feel the public deserves any and all protection from the cops that go wrong. And some of them do go wrong. Right now there is a debate whether or not to take Tasers away because there are tons of videos of cops terrorizing people with them.

Years ago, one of my mother's friends was married to a cop that had gone bad. Before leaving for work each morning, he would say . . . "Well, I'm gonna go bust some heads today."

He had changed so much that they ended up divorced. It happens.

I'm sorry for the good cops that aren't like this. We just elected a good cop as Sheriff in Towns County. I feel much better about the whole police department now than I did before, because I believe he has high principles.

Yay for Towns County . . . they got this election right.

But I'll never be so naive as to deny that brutality goes on.

Sorry, but this touched a nerve in me also.

Wildflower

I am NOT NAIVE.  We are talking about tinted windows and about our UC cops and without them the child molesters, drug pushers, bank robbers etc. will have nothing to fear.  They do not have morals to keep them from harming us.  I'm glad we have them to protect us and as our county grows by leaps and bounds we will need them more than ever.   Write as many books on here as you want and I'm sure you will.  There is no reasoning with someone who is always right about everything.  Ofcourse there are some bad cops, but there are a heck of alot more criminals and since I am not one of those I have nothing to fear from the police.    Mr. J. you can continue with her.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ladies, Ladies. frown

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  09:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blue Rose,I think your response has wilted the Flower.I can't improve my position on this subject and yours is very well understood by nearly all honest citizens.I don't recognize policemen as adversaries and I don't loon for horn sticking out of their caps,but people I can trust and will help me,when I need them.As for the sexual contact between inmates and coppers,I don't think it is no big deal.It shouldn't happen,but it does and will continue as long as there are males and females together.WRJ

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy