New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 Fire on Murphy Highway - Rountree's Furniture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  4:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just learned that there was a fire at Rountree's Furniture in the painting and furniture shop adjacent to the store. Mark Carr has pictures of it located here that I think anyone can see:

He mentioned that Rountree staff were able to save part of the stock. I don't know anything more about it than that. Laurel used to be a regular poster here at one time and I hope she and everyone else involved are safe and able to recover from this terrible incident.

144 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  8:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here I am! What a surprise to log-on and see those pictures. This experience has been everything from horrifying to humbling. We are still numb. 31 years of history up in flames. No one was injured - that's is the most important thing. The firefighters were extraordinary in so many ways. I still have not thought about how to thank them properly but in time I will. The store remains open and the well-wishers have been plentiful which is so nice - we appreciate everyone's concern.

LaurelGo to Top of Page

4528 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  7:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurel, I'm sorry about such a loss.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy