New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 BOYCOTT MIKE'S SEAFOOD TILL HE TAKES ORDERS AT YOU
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Hawkeye

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  11:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hawkeye's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike's Seafood on Murphy Hwy has great food, but the lack of no service SUCKS!!! last weekend my wife and I went there again for supper. It was 5:30pm when we walked in the door. The line was already backed up to the door. So we had to stand in line to place our order, it took 25 minutes before we reached the counter where we place our order, We paid in advanced and went and sat down. We sat at the booth next to the exit door. The line waiting to place orders had now made a 90 degree bend. People were lined up all the way across the front of the store on the inside to the exit door. That ment you had peoples butts,women with pocket books and coats hanging over the table while you were eating. I looked to see if MR. MIKE GURLEY was going to make people move away from peoples tables that were trying to eat and make them form a line outside. He was standing behind the bar as if he didn't care, WHY BECAUSE HE ALREADY HAD MY MONEY DIDN'T CARE IF I OR ANYBODY ELSE ENJOYED THEIR MEAL. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO MIKE'S SEAFOOD AGAIN TILL HE EMPLOYEES SOME WAITERS AND WAITRESSES. FOR THE PRICES HE CHARGES YOU SHOULD BE WAITED ON AT THE TABLE AND PEOPLE WAITING TO PLACE AN ORDER SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HANG OVER SOMEONES TABLE WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO EAT.

I'm watching You

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  10:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We stopped going to Mikes 3 years ago. Why? We had friends coming from Ellijay and they wanted to eat at the place we had talked about so often. We used to love the fried oysters. Well, they got delayed so I called at 7:00 pm to find out when they stopped serving - he told me 8:00. We got there at 7:30 but the lights were down low. The doors were still UNLOCKED. When we came in he just SHOUTED at us "we're CLOSED!" I told him I was the lady he told over the phone that they closed at 8:00. He said "I told you we are closed!" We had been a customer for years. Sometimes I still crave those oysters and grits but never again will we go in there.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  4:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love Mike's and will continue to go there. Never had bad service or bad food.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39312 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  4:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, I have never had bad food or bad service either.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  5:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best food around. Never had any problems with the service or the food and we eat there frequently.

Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  10:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no tbad, not great, just ok

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

MthArabs

USA
69 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  4:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit MthArabs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love Mike's seafood and have never had bad service there either!!!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39312 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad that his business is doing so well.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  6:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took my wife and youngest son to Mike's Seafood last Friday evening and we did stand in line for awhile waiting for our chance to order and then sit down to eat. Did I know I would be standing there for a bit? Yes, as soon as I saw the line. I could have chosen to go elsewhere at that point but I wanted to eat there and accepted the wait as part of the price of admission.

The scallops were wonderful, by the way. My wife had the mahi mahi and enjoyed it as well. We won't be boycotting Mike's. We'll be going back regularly.

ShadowGo to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I appreciate that we are able to express our opinion in a "nice" way.
Although I loved my blackened Talapia (spelling?) I had bad service too - this was over 6 months ago. I wanted water with lemon to drink and if it wasn't for the customers sitting at the tables I wouldn't know where "I" was suppose to get it. Mike was fun and cooked well. The servers are hurting his business - Mike - find...Okay, I'll be nice. Woofs

Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  12:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shadow, I think the poster is just venting his frustration. Clearly Mikes has a lot of room for improvement although you are correct the long lines equal long waits,no secrets there. The great thing about forums are the business is given a free snapshot of the way his place is perceived by the public without paying a high cost consultant. I think Mike should ask himself if the long lines are due to lack of competition or great service, food, value and selection. He is 2 for 4 in my book which is ok when there is a void of competition. Lets see if he can take a little constructive critique and take the proactive steps that can make Mikes great.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  06:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if Mike even knows about this form much less reads it?

GrayEagle
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  10:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wonder if Mike even knows about this form much less reads it?

Gray, my assumption is that EVERYONE knows about this forum and reads it regularly.

ShadowGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  2:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As they well should!

GrayEagle

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  03:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think Mike should ask himself if the long lines are due to lack of competition or great service, food, value and selection.

Seafood isn't abundant here, so there is little competition.

Man, if I were Blue Rose I would never go back either. There is no excuse for yelling at a customer that way.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  08:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Wildflower. I did feel as though my comment was ignored. I never said the food wasn't good and stated I missed the oysters but when an owner embarrassed us in front of our friends...

This thread has received so many comments, more than I have seen for months. It's too bad.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39312 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  4:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use to work at a restaurant. Sometimes,when things are really slow and there are no customers, a restaurant will close early so they do not have to pay the entire staff until regular closing time. The lowered lights were the first clue as to the restaurant having closed early. We use to do that, especially during the slowest week nights.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  5:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Blue Rose.

Coosa, I bet you didn't yell at the customers though.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39312 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  3:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no yelling. Mike is so friendly I find it hard to believe he was yelling. Maybe, just shouting out, "we're closed".

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Or he was possibly having a bad night. The incident supports Maya Angelou's famous quote though: I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

ShadowGo to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  7:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A very good point Shadow.

BTW, ate at Mike's Friday night. Had the scallops...hubby had fried grouper. I stood in line for about 15 minutes but once the order was taken, the meals arrived quickly. Guess I was really hungry for seafood because both of just about licked our plates clean.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  11:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've loved that quote ever since I first heard it, which was only a few years ago.

Go to Top of Page

Smokey

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  10:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stopped going there about 3 years ago because the guy is rude and it seemed like an inconvenience to him for me to spend money there.

Food is good though.

Kindest Regards,

SmokeyGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy