New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 3 visitors.

All Forums
 Outdoor Activities
 Flatwater Kayaking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  1:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a kayaker - I have an "ocean" kayak and do lakes, rivers,
and the ocean. Right now my yak is in Savannah but I have some
great friends up here who paddle. Even a husband and wife in a "double"...smile...keep info coming in on it - I won't get yak until next Fall but I can dream... Woofs PS Never put up a Facebook Page but apparently my friends did it for me -- my kayak was put on it for me. Mt. Bill will give you my name to check out my "Sea lion".

Shelbyfoot

United States
87 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  2:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelbyfoot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like great fun. My brother lives a SSI. He does a lot of kayaking. He would like any info on good taking areas up here. Any info would be much appreciated.

ShellbyGo to Top of Page

ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  11:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, in the immediate area, I like Lakes Nottley, and Chatuge. In fact, I will be heading out again this wknd on Nottley if anyone would like to join in, pleasant is always welcomed.
If anyone is interested, contact details will be arranged.Go to Top of Page
ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  05:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was a fantastic afternoon last Sunday, after a blustery morning. Supposed to be a high of 71 I see tomorrow, so I will be going out again. Launching from the beach at the dam if anyone is interested in making it a group.Go to Top of Page
ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  07:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going out again this wknd, if anyone is interested in joining :-)Go to Top of Page
Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  12:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My local kayak buddies (the ones who own a double) will be back Monday or Tuesday. My yak will be in dry-dock until early summer...please keep on here and buddy "gatorpoe" will check you out.
Woofs

Go to Top of Page

ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  05:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan to me Gator, will do...Go to Top of Page
Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  1:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woof, Ridged8, I am in south Florida and have seriously been thinking about getting a fishing kayak. It is becoming very popular down here. I have looked at many different makes, can you help me with what you think is the best, most stable, and reasonably priced? There are many flats and back country here. The bigger boats can't get into some of the prime redfish , snook and tarpon areas...What would you suggest..
Near my home I have been checking out many places... This is one near me http://www.adventuretimes.com/peanut.htm ..I have been fishing and diving many years but I want to get into the kayak fishing. I honestly don't think I want to do freshwater kayak fishing due to the numerous quantity of gators in the area.
I would like a lightweight kayak also...I am not the strong young female I used to be.

......KISS........

ROUGE

Go to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  11:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will get back to you Rouge on best fishing yak. Although I don't
do that I have several friends in Savannah, Ga who do that and saw
several of them working well in ocean. I know some wonderful rivers and swamps in east and south georgia to go to if you want my secrets. My addiction is "sandbar" camping (Way down the Swaunee River) but must bring a friend with canoe to carry important stuff - i.e., ice chests, porta potty, etc. ha ha...Can't wait to get my yak up here. I'll get back to you. Gurgle, Gurgle

Go to Top of Page

ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  10:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A sit on top, for sure. I would look at Craigslist. Repeatedly, over a period of time, to find what you want. The deals are good there, with plenty of motivated sellers.Go to Top of Page
ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  09:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With Nottley at an all time high, the paddling has been fantastic. With the ability to go WAY up Coosa Creek and Nottley River, both of these make for stupendous floats on the way back down. Not to be missed, as we may not see these levels again for some time to come.Go to Top of Page
ridged8

United States
11 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridged8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd post a few pics of our local lake...

https://picasaweb.google.com/ridged8/NottleyRiverOnJul12011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/ridged8/Nottley?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy