New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.

All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 Armadillo Grill
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  2:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when the Armadillo Grill is set to open? I think they are a TexMex style restaurant, kinda like the Buffalo's throughout Atlanta. If so. some good competition for the dining dollar. I figured that the sale of alcohol would open up the restaurant business.

Shucks

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  4:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is it located? We are guessing the old farmer's market??

Go to Top of Page

beetle

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  5:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopes to open some time in January. Its located where the "Farmers Market" was in Bblairsville.

BeetleGo to Top of Page

babytiger51

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  6:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit babytiger51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
going to be good food..opening this month

allways have hope and faithGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good, we need some good restaurants!

Go to Top of Page

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  1:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard this place was open now. Anyone been there ? Is it owned by the Comfort Grill folks ? They have lots of advertisements for it.

Almost there...Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard it was owned by Comfort Cafe also.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  7:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ate there last Saturday with friends. Had to wait 30+ minutes for a table. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. I had the "Queso-Dillo" stuffed with shrimp. It was excellent and reasonably priced. Hope the owner will add some lighting to the entrance road, parking lot and the sign. The place is difficult to drive into in the dark and is an accident waiting to happen. I'd rate it 8 out of 10 for the food...could be served more attractively; a 4 out of 10 for atmosphere....there is none. They have a ways to go to get the operation running smoothly but I'll try them again in the near future. (No beer or wine yet but it's coming.)

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  1:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fawn, I too ate there, and sad to say I was disappointed. I was hoping for better, since it took so long to get it opened.

Food is fair to average, presentation and service is poor( maybe it will pick up as time goes along.

I was thinking it would be a Tex Mex rest. with a lot of ambiance and atmosphere. Zilch.

Maybe if they weather the storm, things will pick up. It looks crowded, but this could be first timers, we will see how many come back. Best of luck to them.

National stats state the 97% of all restaurants in the US close within a year. But, national chains ie Applebees, Longhorns, Ruby Tuesdays, O'Charleys all succeed. Pros state it is the uniqueness and style and the brand and being specific as to their market.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

Tig2

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  7:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tig2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Went to Armadillo's last night for dinner with my wife and 2 friends. The service was great! Not only did our server stop by several times to ensure that everything was okay, but so did several others. It made the meal and the experience all worthwhile. The food was very good. Our friends each had the chimicangas and shared fried green tomatoes. My wife had the portabello mushroom burger (it goes by another name on the menu) and I had the chicken fahita salad with the cheese crisp with green chili peppers for an appetizer. The food was great and I know we will be coming back to try something different the next time we're in town.

Happiness is where you find itGo to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  5:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went back to Armadillo, service was very much improved, food was good, had a great time. As I said in my prior post, it just took a little time to get everything organized. I wish them great success.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

Deepsouthcarpetcleaners

United States
8 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  9:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deepsouthcarpetcleaners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I frequent the Amardillo Grill since they have opened. There is a wait but that is to be expected at any new restaurant in the area. The food is and the good staff is friendly. i have never left hungry or disappointed!!

Deep South Carpet Cleaners 706-745-8455Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  7:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried them again tonight. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. We both had shrimp and both dinners were cooked perfectly. They were somewhat busy but the staff was very attentive. Noticed that they've put in lights so the parking lot is now well lit. This is my new favorite place to eat.

Go to Top of Page

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  5:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did they close for some reason ? It seemed like they were open last week ! Does anyone know what is going on there ?

Almost there...Go to Top of Page

Tig2

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  2:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tig2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My son and I were there about a month ago. They were not that crowded but the service was fine. The food was good, but the menu seemed to be lacking anything unique or special. Didn't know they had closed.

Happiness is where you find itGo to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Armadillo's is still open but they are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy