New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 Letters to editor in NGN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  7:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone read the letter from that sick demented person who wrote the about food banks and making that inane,stupid and ignorant comment about people who get food? Likening them to dogs and cats is absolutely the mind of a sick person.

Shucks

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  8:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shucks.there are many people in this area that are sick mentally,delusional or just plain dumb.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  12:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What did he write?

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  12:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wildflower, it is a letter to editor or viewpoints in last weeks NGN.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

manape

307 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  10:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did anyone read the letter from that sick demented person who wrote the about food banks and making that inane,stupid and ignorant comment about people who get food? Likening them to dogs and cats is absolutely the mind of a sick person.

Shucks

You mean the kitty Litter Letter???

For whatever it is worth, my cat read the letter in her litter box and she totally agreed with you. I roughly interpreted my cats comments as, "here is something for your stinking letter!" I ran out of cat litter and lined the litter box with the NGN. I don't want to get too graphic, but you might say my cats comments were right on target! PHEW!!! I will never run out of cat litter again!

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas JeffersonGo to Top of Page

manape

307 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  11:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shucks.there are many people in this area that are sick mentally,delusional or just plain dumb.WRJ

William R.Jenkins

It is out of character for you to make such comments without a connection to delusional people believing in following the delusional teachings of Jesus like loving your neighbour, the golden rule, living a life filled with the Spirit, and such. But do you still think people are delusional because or their belief in Jesus-Father-Spirit as the One True God.

Do you think these sick mentally, delusional and just plain dump people are god fearing hill billies, godless floridiots or other foreigners who hail north of the Mason-Dixon line???

I've lived in other places like Hotlana and if you look at people in relationship to the bell shaped curve, proportionally, they are no different from other populations -- 50% are below average sanity and 50% are above average sanity. But inbreeding can skew the bell shape, but I don't see too many locals who married their cousins with webbed feet and two heads, as the Floridians believe.

Granted, it drives my Family Tree Maker program crazy, trying to keep up with those who are my second and fourth cousins because their daddies married their own cousins, but before and after the war of Yankee aggression, if you wanted to have sexual relations with the opposite sex, you didn't have too many choices.

Don't get me wrong, I love my neighbours whose families haven't lived here for over a hundred years, but sometimes Floridians have strange notions and Yankees talk funny. Can you explain your observation about more crazy people in this area just a little more fully?

Jenks, since I like you and all...

Just remember if you are paddling up the Nottely River and you hear banjo music, paddle faster! Some hill billies, as you will recall from the moving picture show, Deliverance -- some people with bad teeth take this love your neighbour thing a little too literally. If you encounter one who tells you you have 'purdy' lips, run like the wind.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas JeffersonGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  10:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Manape,You must realize that I sometimes over kill in my statements and opinions.I will stand by my belief that anyone that thinks there is some god to answer their prayers are delusional and anyone that believes that the Christian god is a good chap don't think in the normal way.I am in the process of finalizing a home purchase,I am heading back to the great state of Florida,One of the many reason I will depart the area is because of the delusional people.The people in Florida won't hate me and others because of their religion and where thay came from.I find that just the opposite of to many people in this county.One of my regrets of leaving is that I probably will not have the pleasure of making your acquaintance.WRJ Realist

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

manape

307 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  10:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Manape,You must realize that I sometimes over kill in my statements and opinions.I will stand by my belief that anyone that thinks there is some god to answer their prayers are delusional and anyone that believes that the Christian god is a good chap don't think in the normal way.I am in the process of finalizing a home purchase,I am heading back to the great state of Florida,One of the many reason I will depart the area is because of the delusional people.The people in Florida won't hate me and others because of their religion and where thay came from.I find that just the opposite of to many people in this county.One of my regrets of leaving is that I probably will not have the pleasure of making your acquaintance.WRJ Realist

William R.Jenkins

Sorry, about not having the pleasure of meeting you, either, WRJ. I've never met anyone that I converse with on-line. If we did meet, you would see, I'm nothing special...just a crazy guy who likes his privacy.

The internet is a community where you can visit, anytime. So, let us know how you are doing. We are all connected. I choose to guard my identity on the internet...not because I have anything to hide. I regret that I haven't met you or others. I just don't do it. If they have the Internet way down south, I hope you visit often here at Blairsville.com

Hey, here is my parting gift to you. I'm writing one of my long blogs, just for you. We all over kill our statements and you are right on, those who call themselves christian and even true Christians are both a delusional bunch.

So, in real life, I'm a private guy. That's why I don't meet on-line friends face-to-face. It's a small town and I don't want the religious flakes hating me, either. So, I hide behind my laptop. They can hate me here all they want to. It is not that I am meek and mild when I encounter church flakes in real life, either. It is a privacy thing and people might get the wrong idea. I make over statements just to get true reactions, but sometimes people take life too seriously. That is why I have never told anyone, other than my wife, that I am manape. She was very surprised at first. She said, "she didn't know me." When she was wondering who is this crazy manape was on the now defunct blairsvillecity.bom, I told her it is me. I guess after many years of being married to me, she had not seen my crazy side. Anyway, it was like who are you??? And what have you done with my husband? LOL! So, if the religious people come to stone me or they have pitchforks, torches and wood to burn me, I'll know she told them. But, I do want you to know you have helped me change. When I encounter religious flakes, I am a real WRJ Warrior now. I'm no longer a pacifist delusional christian, at least.

I agree with you about most people in this area, but my circle of friends are not like the people you describe as being religious. I won't darken the doors of the church of my youth, because of the country bumpkin preacher. I like him as a person but, he is exclusionary and if you don't go to his church, you are are are not in the will of his god of his Baptist faith. There are a lot of country churches who follow a pastor. And they really hate Catholics. They hate black people, they hate those who have the misfortune of not being born here. You could say...I'm a recovering christian atheist, though. I was around that in my early development, but I have tried to do the right thing and change myself. Part of it is just being outside my mountain community most of my working life.

Many people in this area are christian atheist. They profess to be Christians, but they are not Christ-like. They do not follow the Christian Way. Oh, they go to church to be seen, they go to the country club on Sunday, Wednesday, and again Sunday night. They put on their Christian faces, they dress up,and put a dollar in the collection plate, but the rest of the week they don't act like Christ and don't follow his teaching. I'm familiar with these religious people at work and the marketplace.

Here are the delusional people I hang with. I can assure you, there are others who follow the Way. They help to feed the hungry. They give to those who thirst, water. They care for the sick. They visit those in prison. If you do these things, you are blessed by the Father and you have inherited the place prepared for you. You have done these things for Christ. Your are "more Christian than most Christians of this area. I know that you do not believe in a god, but if there is a judgment day. In a story, Christ said this. The King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me.'

Christianity is a way of life, unconditional acceptance of your neighbors, not because they practice the right religion or where they are from. There are very few faith-based communities I hang out with. I left the Baptist religion -- I left religion and started following Christ. The delusional ones I do hang with are authentic and they are real people. Some are recovering alcoholics, ex-sex addicts, and ex-pot smoking construction workers who have changed because of their belief in the one God who came to earth because he believed in us. Yep, I crazy.

If True Christianity is crazy and delusional, then count me in. I'm crazy to the core for the Spirit filled life and my body is the temple of His Spirit.

We all have sinned and fallen short of standards of conduct. God accepts us, anyway. I'll say it. God must be crazy for believing in us. It is a crazy relationship. I don't understand it, I can't prove there is a God, but I accept him. It's recorded in the delusional book that people asked Jesus, "How do we do the works of God?" His reply, "Believe on the one God has sent." Other places it is recorded, "I and the Father are one."

The people I hang out with are some of the less condemning people I have ever encountered in my life. They are all crazy! I'm glad to be part of the funny farm!

The Way was never about religion. It is a Way to Life. A true follower of Jesus would not hate people because of their religion, where they came from, or non-religious beliefs. True Christians cannot hate. The people you encountered must have not been true humanist followers of Christ. It is about unconditional acceptance and the higher way, the purest love (agape in Greek).

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before this topic goes viral. WF, the letter in question was in the letters to editor section around the first of Nov.

Basically, the writer said that she ( I will not call her name) did not understand that with so many food banks in the local area that no one should need food and if their kids were hungry let them go eat eith the cats and dogs.

I could not believe what I was reading.

Shucks

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I could not believe what I was reading.

I can't believe they printed it. On second thought ...

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  8:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I won't darken the doors of the church of my youth, because of the country bumpkin preacher. I like him as a person but, he is exclusionary and if you don't go to his church, you are are are not in the will of his god of his Baptist faith.

There are a lot of country churches who follow a pastor. And they really hate Catholics. They hate black people, they hate those who have the misfortune of not being born here.

Sounds charming.

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  08:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noted in the latest edition of NGN the person who wrote the idiotic letter about food banks and kids has written another letter with a left handed apology. She blames the NGN for mis titleing the letter.

The horse is out of the barn now, what's said is said. Her exact feeling were printed and it just shows her level of depravity. Just throw out the baby with the washwater, it's OK.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy