New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 22 visitors.
 All Forums
 Chit Chat
 German people
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  4:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody, I see people reading my mails! But just one is answering! Why? Are Germans so bad? Did you have bad experience with them? I lived in New York and Missouri and everybody liked me! So what's wrong? I'm just new, nothing else! I just want to meet nice people. Learnig more about your place! The way you live, the way you are spending your life! let me know!

greetings from Germany

anja.hensley

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anja,I really don't think anyone dislikes Germans because they are Germans.As for the people not responding to your inquiry,there are many people in this community that don't have a desire to correspond with other americans.This part of Georgia was the territory of the Indians.The American government moved the Indians to Oklahoma in the years ,about 1828-1830.I am not a Native American or a native of North Georgia,therefore I am unable to agree with most of the people that are native to this area.There are probably more people from florida and other places than the natives.Most csn reach a happy medium.I am sometimes called the Blairsville devil,that name was given to me by a woman ,after I told her I didn't go to any church.To be very honest with you ,I don't enjoy me life here ,due to the the ignorance of many others .It seems as if anyone from another area isn't welcome here.I think there is a similiar attitude among mountain people in many places on this earth.I am from the city ,a realist many people of the mountains are idealists.This are was settled by the English and others from the British Isles back in the late 1700 hundreds and early 18 hundreds.I am more of an internationalist.My ideals are more in line with the europeans than American.Idf I were a little younger and didn't have a health problem ,I would have left long ago ,probable to the Achen See area.I am very out spoken,I don't have any religious convictions,a realist so I am in the very minority.Still I think the people in this area are among the best,when help is needed.Personally,I enjoy my life as an atheist.I have a card room, pool room and plenty of beer ,I just wish it was Wernes Gruner.The county is alcohol free,but I can drive 10 miles and buy a keg.that is because of all the churches leading the peoples minds.That will change soon,due to the election.Again ,the people here have nothing gegen the Deutscher menchen.Die sind nur ein andre leute. I can't wait till I get to Germany for good food and beer.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  09:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anja, Mr. Jenkins is our local curmudgeon. That should become quickly apparent in his words, both English and German. I don't think many mind where you're from. Erik's and my grandmother was born in Germany, so Germany has always been a country close by to us.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Anja and welcome to the forum!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  11:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HiYa Anja;

Probably the reason no one is responding is, this is Spring for us and everyone is outside putting in gardens, finishing up school events with their children and just enjoying the long days outside.

The long, cold winter days when it get's dark at 5:30 drive us all insane, so we enjoy every minute outside we can.

Summer will be here shortly and it will be vacations, yard sales and family get togethers.

That’s really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowanGo to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bee. I meant to mention all the activities going on right now that suggest that while they might have time to sneak a peek in the forums to see what's going on, they might not be ready to invest the time to put together a reply just yet.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anja,Mr.Bill can have his opinion of me and anything else.As the administrator and owner of the site,he has violated his own rules,with his characterization of me.I am probably the only realist member of this forum,and as such you can always expect an honest response from me.I learned long ago that people everywhere are nearly the same.The residents of Bavaria are just as clanish as those here,and just as suspicious and trusting of strangers.I have been to most of the countries in Europe,only not spain and Portugal so unlike most here I have exposed myself to various cultures.I have met many people here in the USA that haven't forgotten the world war,especially Japan and some Germans that fall in the same category.Incidently,I was in Dresden in 1976 and saw the results of the bombing by england and the US. The Vopos were close to arresting me for doing just what I am doing now and that is expressing my opinion.Bis spater WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  1:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well at first, thank you all for responding:) My Question to Bill, what does Chit Chat mean? Thank you bee for answering, it's nice, that I get a responde to what I was writing! And you are right! Most of the People have other things to do, when the weather is nice! It wasn't so nice over here the last weeks! Bill and William, it seems that you guys don't like each other for some reason! I don't want to get into that though! I just want to get to know your place and the people living there! Making contacts to nice people! I don't want to talk about politics or relegion! There are more important things to talk about! And I don't want to fight about all this! I loved my life in America! I'm the person who accept people just the way they are! And if I can't, the person is not right for me! I'm really open mind, but I go to church, if I want to and not because I have to! Can I upload pictures here, Bill? I show you some realy beautifull churches then! This Town is really antic, I'm shure you would like it! You know it's different in Germany! Nobody is a bad person, because of not going to church. I'm a hard working woman, racing my girls all by myself, because their Dad (American) doesn't care! Like I said, there are other problems to take care about!
Lovely greetings from Germany

I would love to hear from you guys again

anja.hensleyGo to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  1:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

HiYa Anja;

Probably the reason no one is responding is, this is Spring for us and everyone is outside putting in gardens, finishing up school events with their children and just enjoying the long days outside.

The long, cold winter days when it get's dark at 5:30 drive us all insane, so we enjoy every minute outside we can.

Summer will be here shortly and it will be vacations, yard sales and family get togethers.

That’s really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowan

Hello bee,
What is going on? Am I just a good person, if I'm going to church? I lived in America for 3 Years, but I've never heard a discoution like that! And none of the people I was in Contact with, went to church! Just Eastern or Christmas, it was fun in New York with gospel singers! But this is anybody's desicion!

Greetings from Germany

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  2:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anja, I think Mr. Jenkins and I like each other just fine. We have differing views though. He freely admits that he isn't particularly happy here in Blairsville. The reasons and views behind that unhappiness often lead to conflict between us. He is the exception though, rather than the rule.

I answered your chit chat question here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8574

There's a couple of ways to share pictures, Anja. Hopefully you've seen our picture galleries here: http://www.blairsville.com/about/galleries.asp . You'll note that some are member-provided pictures, whether of their pet or snowfall or other pictures of Blairsville and Union County. Those are sent to our email address as listed on that galleries page. We then size them appropriately and add them to our member picture pages.

Another way is to post the picture on a photo sharing site like Flickr, then go share them in the forums like the examples provided here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/FORUM.asp?FORUM_ID=70

For instance, Blairsville.com has a Flickr page that we use to post a number of our pictures. It gives us an option to share the picture, and we paste the code into the message here like this:
Union County Historic Courthouse

Other photo sharing sites offer similar functionality. I'm not recommending Flickr over the others. It just happened to work out best for us when we were selecting one to use. Photobucket is another popular one.

Go to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  2:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Hi Lavender,

nice to hear from you:) Tell me, is going to Church everything in Life? Am I bad not going there all the time? I'm a hard working woman, racing my kids all by myself! Well, this is different in Germany:)

Love to hear from you again!
Greetings from Germany

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  2:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anja, I think Mr. Jenkins and I like each other just fine. We have differing views though. He freely admits that he isn't particularly happy here in Blairsville. The reasons and views behind that unhappiness often lead to conflict between us. He is the exception though, rather than the rule.

I answered your chit chat question here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8574

There's a couple of ways to share pictures, Anja. Hopefully you've seen our picture galleries here: http://www.blairsville.com/about/galleries.asp . You'll note that some are member-provided pictures, whether of their pet or snowfall or other pictures of Blairsville and Union County. Those are sent to our email address as listed on that galleries page. We then size them appropriately and add them to our member picture pages.

Another way is to post the picture on a photo sharing site like Flickr, then go share them in the forums like the examples provided here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/FORUM.asp?FORUM_ID=70

For instance, Blairsville.com has a Flickr page that we use to post a number of our pictures. It gives us an option to share the picture, and we paste the code into the message here like this:

Other photo sharing sites offer similar functionality. I'm not recommending Flickr over the others. It just happened to work out best for us when we were selecting one to use. Photobucket is another popular one.

Aha, so how about some pix? You send me some and I send you some. Just let me know how on this page! What do you think about that?

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  2:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Aha, so how about some pix? You send me some and I send you some. Just let me know how on this page! What do you think about that?

anja.hensley

I allready know this one! Pix from you guys! Well I'm open mind!

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  3:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Anja,

Just saw your post for the first time. Welcome. Wow, we're going international!

Have some family friends here. The Mrs. of the couple is from Frankfort. Her ability to speak German really came in handy recently when my sister's Schnauzer had to be taken to the Univ. of GA to be checked for  diabetes.

The veternarian was from Germany studying at the Univ. She spoke some English but, was more comfortable with the German.

Are you ready for the World Cup? And, could you please send some real beer?

"Educate and inform the whole mass of people. They are the only sure reliance of the preservation of our freedom."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/22/2010 3:28:35 PM

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/22/2010 3:31:08 PMGo to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  5:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anja, 3 things people never agree on here in the U.S.A. Politics, Religion & Marriage.

I don't believe you have to go to church to be a decent or good person.

My religious views have done a complete turn around in the last year.
We have to be careful what we post here, it's a small town and everybody is in your business. Especially the ones who indulge in gossip.

I spend most of my time of FaceBook. As do a lot of the posters on Blairsville.com. I can pick who I want to talk with and block others that I don't particularly care for.

K. McGowanGo to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  10:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hallo honeybee, it's the first time, that I'm in a forum, still learning how this is working:) you are a good help:) I understood your message and I'm on facebook, too! You find me under Anja Demuth-Hensley. I would like to stay in contact with you:)

Greetings from Germany

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  11:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Anja,

Just saw your post for the first time. Welcome. Wow, we're going international!

Have some family friends here. The Mrs. of the couple is from Frankfort. Her ability to speak German really came in handy recently when my sister's Schnauzer had to be taken to the Univ. of GA to be checked for  diabetes.

The veternarian was from Germany studying at the Univ. She spoke some English but, was more comfortable with the German.

Are you ready for the World Cup? And, could you please send some real beer?

"Educate and inform the whole mass of people. They are the only sure reliance of the preservation of our freedom."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/22/2010 3:28:35 PM

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/22/2010 3:31:08 PM

Hi Montainguy,

I already told the husband of my niece, that I have to invent an internet, where I can send some stuff to you guys. He wants to have my crab salad and I understand, that you want some German beer. Sorry guys, but the American beer is not the same. Well Heineken isn't that bad lol Do you have good wine in your aera?

Greetings from Germany

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  11:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To eveyone on this page,

I enjoy getting to know your community and the people living there:) I'm doing this, because I want to come to your place one of these days meeting my niece! Thats the reason I want to know so much about this. I don't like talking about politics and religion, because everybody has his own appinion about that and it's always ending in a fight! Every place have it's rules and you have to live with it, witch is ok for me! It has to be like this, otherwise things are getting out of site! I've been looking at all the pictures on your page and they are just beautifull! I still couldn't figure out how to put some on here, but I will, so you can see some of my hometown:) By the way, your courthouse is such a beautifull building! At first I thought it's your church! I was on google map the other day, walking around in your town! So pretty! Can't wait to see all that!

Greetings from Germany

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  12:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey we did go internationally - way long ago.

hallo anja,

ich poste in deutsch, so ist es einfacher fur dich. blairsville ist ein kleines nest in nord georgia, mit vielen netten und einigen wehniger netten leuten wie das alte ekelpaket das dir zuerst geantwortet hat. da du deine verwannten hier besuchen willst ist dein interesse berechtigt und ich helfe gerne bei allfalligen problemen vor ort oder fragen. kirche, politik und ahnliches ist ein heisses pflaster, die leute sind vielfach in ihrer meinung verbohrt.

gruss

roger at swissbianco dot com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.

Edited by - swissroger on 05/23/2010 12:48:09 AMGo to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  02:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok in Deutsch! Das war jetzt richtig süss! Dein Deutsch ist gut und niedlich mit den kleinen Fehlern drin:) Wieso kannst Du das? Woher hast Du das? Es macht keinen Unterschied ob ich Deutsch oder englisch schreibe! Ich kann beides! Was machst Du so? Bin gespannt ob du alles verstehst:) Wenn nicht, helfe ich dir gern:)Danke, dass du mir helfen möchtest! Wer ist das Ekelpaket? Ich kann nicht glauben, dass du Deutsch schreiben kannst! Bist du bei facebook? Anja Demuth-Hensley ist mein Name dort! Hope to see you there!

greetings from Germany

PS. ich weiß wer das Ekelpaket ist! Will hier aber nicht darüber reden

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  02:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger is from Switzerland and has been a longtime member of this site. He lives now in North Georgia with regular trips back home.

You can get a quick background on him from his website:
English - http://www.swissbianco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

or German - http://www.swissbianco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=7

Go to Top of Page

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  02:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hallo Roger,

ich war gerade auf Deiner Homepage! Mein Stiefvater war Schweizer und ein ganz toller Mensch! Ich habe einen ganz grossen Kunden in der Schweiz und der ist richtig anstrengend! Auf der einen Seite bemängeln sie alles, auf der andern Seite hören sie aber nicht und tun nicht, was man ihnen sagt! Wir bauen die Anlagen für die, aber sie ändern dann was und das geht immer schief!

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  06:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Hello Lavender,

good advice, thank you for that! Tell me more:) Or see me on facebook under Anja Demuth-Hensley:)

Greetings from Germany

anja.hensley

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  06:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit anja.hensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

anja.hensley

I allready know this one! Pix from you guys! Well I'm open mind!

anja.hensley

Mr. Bill, well I think you are taking good care of things! If you like, you can see me and my girls on facebook under Anja Demuth-Hensley!
Greetings from the German bunch

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  09:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anja, did you see the pictures I added of Lübeck to your introduction page? If not, click here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8555

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ja auch die schweizer in der schweiz sind manchmal verbohrt.

schweizerdeutsch ist meine muttersprache :-)

schonen sonntag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy