New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 jones insurance - badest service experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  9:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello,

i want tell this story:

as i got burglared and moved in the north ga mtns, my lovley ex buisenesspartner did delete my car insurance without tell or let me tell me but i smelled the mess so i did go and buy car insurance by jones at the square. they seemed to be helpful and offered an 50 $ discount if i could proove prior insurance, i asked for theyr email and did email that thing there 7 times - no ansver and no discount made.

then i was in swiss for buiseness and my car insurance was running out and cause the volcano ashes mess i could not travel. so my secretary kindly did go there and wanted to pay with my visa card, jones told her they do not accept cards but cash or check... so i did send cash all the way from swiss to usa and guess what? as the cash did make it save over here and my secretary did go again see the jones people they did say they do not accept that either!

i can honestly say that is the best messupservice i ever had so fare in the ga mtns and not only no discount yet, the 50 $ seems lost, they basically cheated me how i feel it, they never returned an single email and the adress etc was correct, so as i was back in usa i did go stright to another insurance company, jones do not need my buiseness as i dont need theyrs.

what an poor buiseness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I understand about the second part that they didn't take cash. Was it traveler's cheques? Or actual cash? I don't think I've heard of a business that wouldn't take cash.

I can't say I understand why you'd get difficult service. I can vouch for them being friendly to me and accepting my checks for auto insurance, business insurance, and rental property insurance for nearly a dozen years. But I did go to school with them and know them well.

I'd have to say it's an old style business though, one that does best with face to face discussion and business with follow-up phone calls. That may be why it doesn't lend itself well to handling conversations through Email. I haven't really tried that avenue except to get a reminder or two from them that way. I'm sorry to hear you had such difficulty.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  11:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it was actual cash in us $ and phone etc is not possible with my accent and long distance etc.

but its gone and finished, i quite likley never see my $ 50 rebate.

sidenote, regarding that rebate, by the new insurer, only an 1 minute drive away they did see online all my insurance history... and gave me an better price too, why it had to be so an hassle by jones? do they dont like foreign people who work hard to come here and make it happens?

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  08:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not sure I understand about the second part that they didn't take cash. Was it traveler's cheques? Or actual cash? I don't think I've heard of a business that wouldn't take cash.

I can't say I understand why you'd get difficult service. I can vouch for them being friendly to me and accepting my checks for auto insurance, business insurance, and rental property insurance for nearly a dozen years. But I did go to school with them and know them well.

I'd have to say it's an old style business though, one that does best with face to face discussion and business with follow-up phone calls. That may be why it doesn't lend itself well to handling conversations through Email. I haven't really tried that avenue except to get a reminder or two from them that way. I'm sorry to hear you had such difficulty.

Jones Insurance would not take the cash because it was past the due date.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, so what then? tryd visa and cash. at least some others thake my money in some kind an form plus have the better prices/service too.

checks we swiss dont do, had that there twice and both did mess up as the bank did make trouble.

regarding the email they sayd its fine and gave the emailadress - never an ansver at all, i did write them an letter from swiss - no ansver either. plain poor buiseness in my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  2:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger, I stopped by there and asked them about your situation (like I said, I get my own insurance there). I think the distance and crossed wires with Email led to your frustrating experience. They didn't know about getting any emails from you although they do get and answer many emails from others.

The prior proof of insurance was necessary for the insurance provider they were working with to offer you the discount mentioned. Renewing this time of course would have been cheaper because they would have their own record of prior insurance to offer to the insurance company.

Because the insurance had expired, they needed your own physical presence again to sign the forms for new insurance and something that basically says that no damage happened to the car while the insurance has lapsed. I can agree that I have had to sign those same types of forms myself for insurance when mine has lapsed.

I think that they were genuinely surprised that you had had such a bad experience with them and would have been able to straighten everything out if you had come in the office there once you got back to Blairsville. They did say that they don't mind where a person is from, that they want to be helpful to everyone.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  06:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger, would you be willing to give them another chance now that you are home? Stop by and chat with them and see what happens.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  07:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
joust saw that here, i understand that with my travel etc there is an special not easy situation and i could not come earlyer back cause sutch in swiss by volcano ashes, i could not select that.

still i do not see why not to ansver my emails and letter, or why they do not see the insurance history online like others do.

thats why i use credit cards, so i can pay from anywhere, they did not accept.

as i get an printer, i will print out that document they need an mail it to them for finally ask for my discount.

i appreciate your help bill, however im so frustrated and already have an new great insurance, better service, pay with visa card where ever i get stuck on this world at that time, and at the end, cheaper too. plus as it turned out theyr fare away relatives from good friends, sometimes the world is small, so i learned an while ago, if it dont work well an couple times then better vorget it, cant fix that, never go back, as i need to focus on my creative work.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy