New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 18 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 clinic at Walmart and UGH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
pamac1

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  4:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful if you go to the Clinic at Wal-mart in Blairsville. On March 30, I went to have blood work done there because the executive panel my doctor ordered was listed on their board as $39. I asked the clerk named Asia if that fee included the lab fee and was told it did. I filled out the paperwork and she said it would be $58. When I told her the price board said it was only $39, she was not sure what to do and waited to talk to the nurse, Beth Dyer. Beth Dyer said I would be charged the $39 because that is what is advertised. I got a bill yesterday for $50 from Union General Hospital. I went to the clinic today, talked to Asia and she didn't understand why I was getting the bill and told be to call the hospital. I did, and left my information w/ the administration. A short time later, Becky Dyer called me back and told me the fee that I paid at the clinic was only for the blood draw and the other bill was the fee for the lab. I told her that I only used the clinic because of the price, since I could go to the Health Dept in Murphy and get it done for only $25, but since the price I was quoted was not much higher, I used the clinic. Apparently, it didn't matter what I was told. This is the second time Union General has swindled me... Last year, I was charged for oxygen for the entire 2 day stay I was there, but only had it for about 30 minutes or less, but since the nurse did not note it on my chart, I was still liable for the charge of $10 per hour!!!! I told Becky Dyer I would not pay the $50 bill and I would warn everyone I could about what the clinic/hospital did! DO NOT USE THIS CLINIC!!!

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  6:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pamac, maybe your best course of action is to write WalMarts customer relations department in Bentonville, Ark. with a copy to the local store manager in Blairsville.

Both WalMart and UGH have a mutual fiduciary interest in this clinic, so it behooves both to be more customer friendly.

I said Write, never telephone anyone with a complaint or send an Email.

Hope this works out for you.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

pamac1

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  7:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the feedback, Shucks. That is a good idea, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am still so P.O.'ed about it, I can hardly think straight!!!! This whole thing is just wrong. I feel like I am the victim of a bait and switch.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  8:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The UGH billing department seems to be mostly disconnected from the medical care given. I've paid in advance and paid after the fact and the bills don't match what our understanding of the charges would be were going in. I personally don't trust anything that comes out of the UGH billing department. That the clinic isn't any different doesn't really surprise me.

ShadowGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2010 :  11:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ask for an itemized statement and it will blow their mind! My youngest son went (I was there and witnessed this with my own eyes) due to severe abdominal pain. He signed in...JUST SIGNED IN! He felt some relief and told me that he really just wanted to leave. So he SIGNED a release of ..?? I can't think of the name of it now. A few days later he gets a bill for $250.00! He took it upon himself to personally go up there and talk to the billing dept. If he didn't like his first answer, he asked nicely if there was someone else he could talk to. After three different people, they finally fixed his account. You have to really watch what you are being charged for.

As for the clinic, it's not their fault. They are doing a great job! It's all in the billing!

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy