New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.

All Forums
 Prayers, Praise and Passings
 Paula Paris Johnson passing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  01:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paula Paris Johnson, sister of Union County Commissioner Lamar Paris, passed away Thursday, March 11, and I am remiss in not posting something about it earlier.

She was undoubtedly Lamar's most loyal and ardent supporter - there at his monthly Commissioner meetings, there at his fundraisers, and there when it mattered. Her car was easily spotted with the green "Elect Lamar Paris" sticker on the back bumper. She always went around the Square on her trips through town because, as everyone knows, "that's just the way you did it". I had learned that same truism growing up here and was delighted to know that it wasn't just some peculiarity specific to my age group.

I got the chance to really get to know Paula better when working with her on the Downtown Revitalization group's Promotions Committee. She was a treasure trove of old memories of Blairsville and enjoyed telling the stories to an attentive ear. She had an appreciation for history also, especially as it concerned Blairsville, Union County, and the State of Georgia.

She was previously active in Kiwanis, Downtown Revitalization, and the Union County Historical Society and many more organizations. Her smile and soft voice will definitely be missed.

Paula's obituary is available at http://www.mountainviewfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Obit8/obituary8.htm#PAULA_PARIS_JOHNSON_

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy