New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 Popies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ALRUI

United States
20 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  7:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALRUI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where Popies moved to? Awhile back there was a sign on the old building saying they moved but I zipped by and didnt take notice of the address & last time I went by I didnt see the sign at all. Hope theyre still around:-)
meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  9:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They move to town, right next to city hall. They're in the same building that the Panther Pub moved out of.Go to Top of Page
ALRUI

United States
20 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  8:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALRUI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gotcha - Thanks Meg!Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Went to Popies on our last trip up. If anything it is better than when it was on the Murphy Hwy. We had about seven people in our party. Service was great and fast. Food was very good and more than enough was on the plates. Really a lot of food. Looked at the folks around us and everyone was enjoying themselves. The prices are really good also.

Since they are close to the square, I'm sure their lunch business is very good also.

A winner!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i guess tastes are different, an friend did go there as i was sick and he sayd it wasent good and they already mixed the sauce in it instead let you select what and how mutch you want, so he was not amused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  8:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger there is some sauce in some selections, but there are at least two more you can use and/or mix to your taste. But you are so right that we have different taste.

GrayEagle
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  10:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On our last trip to Popies, I asked the owner's daughter (DIL?) has business picked up since they moved to their current location. I was very happy to hear that business had tripled! It is always good to hear where a local business is doing so well, especially in the current economy. And the food was still GREAT!

GrayEagle

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  5:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
first time at poppies today.

the waitress was not friendly at all, had an bad day how it looks. party of two, we both liked the food alot and the portion was bigger than we could eat. sprite - sierra mist was not cooled at all. but the price for all that was really small, we will be back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbteUHn2Vo&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

Tig2

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  01:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tig2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Went to Poppie's for the first time tonight for dinner. Food was good and plentiful. Place was real busy and staff was hurried, but attentive. Will go back again and try the ribs. Tonight we ate the BBQ pork sandwich and enjoyed. Too much food and we had to take some home.

Happiness is where you find itGo to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  2:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
went to poppies sat. service fair, food burnt and dry. will not return.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Miss-Behavin

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  06:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went on a wed. & the food was enough to take home,large portions,i got pork sandwich,hubby got tenderloin sandwich, very very good, slaw good,beans good,onion rings awesome, love the service, there to help but, don't bug ya, lot better than rib country which has cut down on there portions. I give them a 8 on scale of 10 being the best.

Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  9:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love, love, LOVE Popie's!! Best bbq i've had and the value is tremdous!! Everyone should try it!Go to Top of Page
hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  6:34:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
returned at the advice of a friend and the food was good.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Toothless Wonder

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  08:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Toothless Wonder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Popie's Rib shack is BACK and now at a new location!
It's on Cleveland Street a stone's throw from the old Courthouse.
It's where the Book Nook used to be.
Gosh darn Popie's still has the BEST slab of Ribs I've ever had.

Toothless WonderGo to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  10:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is that smoking thing next to them theyrs too?

from outside the remodeled building looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swissbianco

Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger, I think that is where they cook their meat for barbecue.
Their parking lot was really crowded when I drove by there a little while ago, so they must have good food.Go to Top of Page
swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  10:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes they smoke theyr bbQ meat there.

was there and it was great, clean, bright, relative quiet and the food was great, never had so thick slices of turkey on an sandwich! price was good too. sunday and monday theyr closed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/swissbianco

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy