New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 SNOW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  08:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like we might get some snow tonight and tomorrow. It should make for a very festive parade. Hopefully the snow will be off the roads and trees and power lines before the temperatures get into the low 20's Saturday night.
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  08:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to watch it fall, but don't like the mess it makes.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

murphy2

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  08:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy the first snow!!! I spent 40 years in winter in upstate NY. I never wanted to see snow again but this does make it look and feel like Christmas...I'll throw the first snowball!!!

MurphyGo to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  2:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The snow at the top of Brasstown Bald looks peaceful. It's just raining here in Fl.

777Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  8:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's sleeting and snowing right now.

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It turned warmer and melted, we got disappointed again!

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  3:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My sister lives in Dawsonville and they had almost 2 inches of sleet and snow last night.

I just looked at the National Weather Service forecast for Blairsville and I hope they are wrong. For the next seven days the high temperatures are supposed to be 37 degrees or lower and the low temps were as low as 12 degrees.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Blairsville&state=GA&site=FFC&textField1=34.8736&textField2=-83.9516Go to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  10:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw on 2 different Blue Ridge web cams that it is snowing up there.  Is is snowing in Blairsville?  I sure wish there was a web cam in Blairsville.
The snow looks pretty, but I know it can be a pain.  I spent a lot of my childhood in the Seattle area and I am very familiar with ice and snow covered roads.

Stay safe and warm

777Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  12:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has been snowing most of the afternoon with a little rain mixed in. It is raining and 37 degrees at my house right now.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy