New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
 All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 owltown, restourant, store whatever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  9:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello,

they still remodel the owltown store and rumors say that will be an restourant - anybody has infos what that is and when it will be opening?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok folks - its open now!

lets go and try that new one out and post the feedback.

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  8:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Wilbur Wright said,"it ain't gonna fly"there are to many mistakes in the forming and administration of this business.I noticed there were three violations on the law of dimminishing returns.There is no gas or lottery tickets.This is a very good location for selling beer.If Lamar Paris ever tries to use his head,except for the anchor of a few hairs,this business will be successful.Hopefully the owners have enough money to last until then.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  2:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon...yes Mr. Jenkins I'm back!!! Miss me???
Coming up for Thanksgiving, where is this located at? Looking for a local place...every time up there, just never have any luck.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  2:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you drive from vogel sp to bville its say half way on the right side, next to the big alexander store sign. gasstation in front of it.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  3:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tampa uno,We live on Town Creek School Road,about one mile before Alexander's store.Give me a call and we can play a game of pool(I recently brought a new table)and empty a few beer mugs.I have already checked with my wife.She said ,for you, we will make an exception and let you use the front enterance.She is more a Gator fan than WRJ.Yes ,I did wonder about you. Maybe you could visit when the gators whup the noles.I do hope this new business can survive,but the future looks somewhat dim,without beer sales in Union County.WRJ

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  3:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Correction,we live just off TCSR,in Arkaqua Reserve.WRJ

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  06:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did anybody test it out jet?

Go to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  3:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went by and looked around. I purchased a few things, trail mix-elk summer sausage and such, and found it to be good. The deli menu looked good but I haven't tried anything so far.

whyGo to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  7:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks why!

Go to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  2:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Owltown today and had the best Cappuccino in town. I believe Swiss Roger would enjoy the Blairsville Brat w/Spicy Brown Mustard or Grilled Peppers & Onions @ only $3.95. Other cute sandwich names include Choestoe Chicken Salad, Riverbend Roast Beef & Swiss, Town Square Club, Union Ham & Cheese, Gumlog Grilled Cheese of Choice, Four-Lane Reuben, K-Road Duban, Town Creek Italian, etc.
(I'm getting hungry now). They also had the cheapest price on their non-ethenol gas. The fireplace was appreciated on this chilly day. Very friendly folks.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  5:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks woof! you made me hungry again and as im back i sure will stop by and get that brats. glad the prices are not "swiss"

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  7:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ld think all persons that establish a new business,especially those directly serving the public would be friendly.One of my assistants went into the store to cash in a few lottery tickets for me.I thought he had met an old flame there since the minor transaction took five minutes,he was the only customer there at the time.After more than a month all employees should have the knowledge,necessary.WRJ

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For King Jenkins - I didn't state the whole story of my visit but now you need to know what is going on there - There was a man sitting at the coffee bar who insisted I sit down with him to chat. Of course we discussed "birds", etc. So...very friendly customers too! I think you need to find out the whole story from lottery runner. Maybe Swiss Roger, Annie Oakly and I will need to meet you and your sweet wife there for a nice winter visit when Swiss man returns. Keep your lottery winnings so you can pay. ;0)

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  2:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is very kind from mr jenkins aka miesepeter to invite us all for lunch, i appreciate that alot and sure does annie oakly. so we all can watch and test whats going on in that great place and then be able to post more here.

off to the shot show - las vegas im coming! ya all have an good time.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  2:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woof and More Woofs.I am glad that you liked your visit to said establishment.I don't like anyplace where food is served on a plastic plate with plastic forks and spoons.My wife liked a ruben sammich,there.Me being expressive and out spoken,I don't understand how anyone can expect to recover an investment when selling sandwiches for under four dollars.I bought a case of Killian beer yesterday.it seems as if my guests like it more than Budweiser.We will have a party on the 16th for my wife's 39th.birthday.We are still playing poker.WRJ

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  8:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woof...were you with another lady and by chance did you tell the cashier that the Cappuccino was the best you'd had?
Just wonderin'...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  03:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we will introduce as we are back. its like an big family.

Go to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  10:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Topaz is eagle eye and correct! I am quite impressed. Were you the cute girl making my coffee or the sweet cashier? Maybe you can get the owners to put a tip jar by coffee bar since one pays at cash register. Sounds like we have a new place for a forum gathering and I just know King Jenkins will pick up the tab. I will bring my English stoneware and granny's silver for him to eat from. ;0) Really will-I love to have fun!

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  05:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Topaz is eagle eye and correct! I am quite impressed. Were you the cute girl making my coffee or the sweet cashier? Maybe you can get the owners to put a tip jar by coffee bar since one pays at cash register. Sounds like we have a new place for a forum gathering and I just know King Jenkins will pick up the tab. I will bring my English stoneware and granny's silver for him to eat from. ;0) Really will-I love to have fun!

Cashier...And I did pass along your comments to the Coffee Girl...she was pleased... :)
I agree that it is a good place for forum members to meet for lunch. And yes, bring along your English stoneware and Granny's Silver, so Mr. J can come and dine... ;)
Look forward to seeing you again!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  9:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
food and people are great there!

Go to Top of Page

edward

United States
32 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  5:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit edward's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No monet ordersGo to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ate lunch the other day and it was delish! Had the bbq sandwich and potato salad.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got a gift of Owntown Market's specialty coffee - Blackberry Expresso! It is so wonderful and I even leave some grounds on the counter just for the smell. I believe the young lady who makes the expresso owns a coffee bean company in Hiawassee. I highly recommend this item from the market! Woof - sniff. sniff

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  04:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they have alot of spl food like banana and green bean chips, unusual.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  8:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did eat there again, the original chef is back, great food, got an free sample of green bean chips. well that was an spl experience

here some pics how it looks:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

will be back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbteUHn2Vo&feature=related

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy