New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.

All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Coins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any of the forum members collect coins? Are there any collectors
or business people in Blairsville who can evaluate a coin collection?
As an example, I have a 1886 Liberty silver dollar and a 1923 Liberty silver dollar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Woof Woof

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do any of the forum members collect coins? Are there any collectors
or business people in Blairsville who can evaluate a coin collection?
As an example, I have a 1886 Liberty silver dollar and a 1923 Liberty silver dollar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Woof Woof

Woof, I believe that Dr. Nancy White Kelly at the "Ye Ole Coin Shoppe" may be able to help. I think they are in YH. Also, I'm not positive about the name of their shop. She has a column in the Sentinel called "Journal of a Living Lady".

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Edmund Burke said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  8:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
most coins in circulation in good shape carry a vf-20, or ef-40(extremely fine) rating. if it was an uncirculated coin it could be worth 10 times or more the vf-20 price. according to the 59th add. of red book the 1886 liberty is most likely worth 16-20 dollars and the 1923 could be worth 12-13 dollars retail. a collector would try to buy them cheaper. i have a few dozen and would be interested in how much they offered you. my guess is 5-8 dollars. keep us posted. btw they minted 19,963,000 of the 1886 liberties and over 70 million of the 1923 liberties in four separate mintings note in order for her to be rated vf-20 ,very fine, the hair over her eyes can show some wear but you should still see the strands of hair over her ear. also the outside wing feathers on the right and top should be still visible. the 2006 red book may not reflect todays higher silver prices.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  8:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to bad it wasn't an 1893s, only 100,000 struck, in perfect condition un circulated over $500,000.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  12:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys for the coin information. Mr. Eagle & Joyful: I finally made it to the beautiful mountain view, fire ring, and large tree house but missed the occupants.

You know your business Hogwild man! I have many coins I inherited but haven't even looked at all of them yet. I do remember a Booker T. Washington/Carver 1954 half dollar in the box. I am very impressed with your knowledge and I will start an inventory.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  3:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woof, I'm glad you got to see our lil part of heaven on earth.  Hope to meet  you in person sometime soon.  We will be up there Labor Day week provided there isn't a hurricane lurking down here at that time.  Stop by!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Edmund Burke said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy