New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Shop   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 3 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 May 1: Concert - Mountain Top Travelers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1387 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  03:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Location: Old Union County Courthouse, On the Square, Blairsville
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: Free, but donations encouraged and appreciated

Mountain Top Travelers at Old Courthouse

A new bluegrass group composed of some of the best local musicians will make their first appearance at The Old Courthouse on the Square in Blairsville at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1 Although the name, Mountain Top Travelers, is new, the members are seasoned musicians..

Crystal Murphy, from Blairsville, plays fiddle and mandolin. She has been playing music since the eighth-grade and studied extensively under world-class musician, Randall Collins. Crystal is currently studying classical music at North Georgia University.

Kathy Eaton, the other female in the group is from Elijay. Kathy plays mandolin and does much of the singing.

Don Fox began playing music with family members in church at the age of eight. At ten, he was given his first guitar. He plays all acoustic instruments. He has been a member of bands with Benny and Vallie Cain, the Powell Brothers, the Georgia Mountain Fair Band, Detour, and the Appalachian Tunesmiths. He has played with other regional and internationally known musicians such as Gar Mosteller, Doyle Barker, Jim Shumate, Ross Brown, Benny Martin, and Vassar Clements.

Kerry Warbington began playing the banjo at the age of fifteen. He has played with several bands including The Roanokes, Home Remedy, Brushfire, The Collins Brothers, The Bluegrass Alliance, and Bluegrass Incorporated. He performed at the1990 Festival International des Pyrenees in Oloron France. He has performed with many nationally known Bluegrass artists as Bobby Hicks, Mark O’Conner, Fiddling Chubby Anthony, and Curtis Blackwell. He was included in the Hall of Honor by the Atlanta Country Music Hall of Fame in 2004. His latest CD is Back on My Mind Again with Bluegrass Incorporated.

Ken Ensley, the regular bass player for the group will miss the Old Courthouse concert because of back surgery, but another favorite musician, Scott Ferguson, will fill in. Scott has played with several award-winning bands. Although his main instrument is the fiddle, he is a master musician on many instruments.

As always, there is no admission charge to the concerts presented by the Union County Historical Society in The Old Courthouse on the Square. The musicians donate their time and talents. Voluntary contributions to the maintenance fund are always welcomed and appreciated.

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow I wish I was there to hear them. Ya have fun!

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bill,I like all types of music and singing with the exception what is called rap. I have nothing personal against any musician.Mr.Collins is well known in certain areas,but I don't believe he is a world class musician.The fact is that in the category of world class musicians the number is probably less than twenty.That's my opinion WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy