New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Outdoor Activities
 Rabbits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  5:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
had target practice today in an swiss bunker, rabbits watch up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3t8PwHvj10

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  11:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Meg, I don't think our problem is going to be rabbits but bears...Mr. Polly saw bear tracks in the garden the other day...checking out the corn...drats darn!!!! I hope it doesn't get into it...any suggestions?

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  11:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Polly, my BIL has an electronic barking dog with a motion sensor. Seems to work pretty good for him and keeps the bears out of the bird feeders. Sometimes he uses a pellet gun to sting their butts when the dog barks!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"If to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair. The event is in the hand of God." George WashingtonGo to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  12:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Polly, I've never had a problem with bears in the garden, but I have heard that they can destroy a corn patch. I had a problem with them tearing up honeybee hives years ago and the DNR had some kind of stuff to put around the hives to keep them away, but it didn't work.Go to Top of Page
polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  7:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Polly, I've never had a problem with bears in the garden, but I have heard that they can destroy a corn patch. I had a problem with them tearing up honeybee hives years ago and the DNR had some kind of stuff to put around the hives to keep them away, but it didn't work.

I heard they have been at Margeparge's and they have destroyed the bird feeders of another neighbor..even went up on the porch to get to one. Muddy bear tracks all over the porch.

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy