New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Outdoor Activities
 Lake Nottely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  4:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey can anyone tell me about this lake? How big, is it dried up, what kinda of boats allowed there, is there a man made beach there? I'm just curious. Any other lakes there?

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirts

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  6:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake Nottely covers a large area but is not full due to the dry weather we had last year. Most any size boat can be taken out.

Lake Vogel is much smaller but is always full and has a man made beach. They have paddle boats you can take out on the water.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  6:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a little over 4000 acres, depending on how much water is in the lake at the time. The water level varies significantly from winter (low) to summer (high) and the successive years of drought that Georgia has experienced has not been kind to our lake. It's still a pretty lake though and summertime is a great time to get out on it or hang out next to it.

Poteete Creek Campground is an excellent public park to visit the lake at (and not just for camping). I don't think there's a man made beach on Nottely. You could run over to Vogel State Park and swim in Lake Trahlyta, which does have a man made beach. They also have paddle boats you can take out on the lake there.

West of Blairsville and Union County is Towns County, which has Lake Chatuge. East of Blairsville is Rabun County, which has Lake Burton. North of Union County and just above the westernmost tip of North Carolina is Fontana Lake, just inside Tennessee. So there is lots of lake water to explore once you get up here.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  6:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nottley is a TVA lake and the level of the lake depends on the needs of the TVA (or something like that).  The size is about 4180 acres and there is some 106 miles of shore.  Not sure how much of that is beaches.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn NoticeGo to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great! Sounds like we'll have a lot of fun.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

blairsville_babe415

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  12:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit blairsville_babe415's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my first memory of any water was Lake Nottely, off of Pat Colwell road. :) you'll love it.

i miss blairville so much. i'm coming back soon!Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy