New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 3 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 What's the weather like there now!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 4
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  8:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LuvGa, we've been getting some much needed rain off and on all day! My tomato plants, rose bushes, and blackberries are smiling.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  09:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey LuvGa, We have been getting lots of rain!

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, lots and lots and lots of rain!Go to Top of Page
ILuvGa

United States
92 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  5:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit ILuvGa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey there Meg,
Yes i saw in the paper that it is raining there a lot. We have been getting a lot of rain but mostly in the afternoon. It's mostly humid and hot.

Live, Laugh, Love to your fullestGo to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  11:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ILuvGa, it's still raining here, but is worse around Atlanta. I heard that parts of Gwinnett County got nine inches of rain last night.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Rain_Continues_to_Pummel_Metro_Area_092109Go to Top of Page

ILuvGa

United States
92 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  08:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ILuvGa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep i bet it's raining there a lot. I heard about it. Ya be careful there. Is it flooding up by Lake Chatuga?

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a rainy forecast for the next few days, especially for Saturday (and the Sorghum Festival and parade).Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  08:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope the rain stops by this evening for all the trick or treaters!

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  11:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw somewhere else that DoC saw a Florida Manatee swimming around up there.  So much rain!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  7:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish it would rain here. All we keep doing is setting heat records.

777Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's COLD now. It's almost noon and the wind chill temperature is 26 degrees!Go to Top of Page
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  12:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's pretty darn cold tonight...but it must be planning to warm back up before the rain gets here because they're not calling for snow.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  01:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Saw somewhere else that DoC saw a Florida Manatee swimming around up there. So much rain!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson

Wasn't a manatee,lol. We would have snow if it rained right now. Pretty sure of it.

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  11:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It still feels more like snowy weather than it does rainy weather this morning. Atlanta is supposed to be a little colder than Blairsville today though.Go to Top of Page
meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  07:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's COLD this morning...8 degrees outside now, and the high is supposed to be 21 degrees according to the National Weather Service. They say it won't be above freezing again until Wednesday afternoon. I hope it warms up next week!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Blairsville&state=GA&site=FFC&textField1=34.8736&textField2=-83.9516

Go to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  09:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am thankful that I am not living up there, 8 degrees is really cold. It is about 32 here this morning and that is cold for Fl.
Stay warm!!

777Go to Top of Page

murphy2

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  3:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had frozen pipes...even with a heat tape. It is just to cold.

MurphyGo to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  4:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sure was cold this morning, zero degrees at my house. It has warmed up nicely though. It's in the mid twenties now.

Something happened with my water this morning and it wasn't working, but I'm not sure it was frozen. I turned off the breaker for the pump and heated up the pipes under the well cover a bit. When I turned the breaker back on the pump worked and we had water.Go to Top of Page

murphy2

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  7:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone who wished for snow is happy and has been able to play in it. I for one am scared to death on the roads with the people who have no idea what it is like to drive in snow.They go way to fast and break sharp for no reason.

MurphyGo to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  07:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was warm and gorgeous and looks like we get a repeat today!

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  08:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, the weather is beautiful. Days like yesterday and today will give you spring fever! Looks like the next two or three days will be rainy, but at least it will be fairly warm.Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  08:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was a beautiful summerlike day! We had a record breaking 86 degrees!

ILuvGa

United States
92 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  7:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit ILuvGa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our weather is pretty nice. I've been to the beach a couple of times but nothing beats where ya are at. I can't wait till July! I'M COMING UP!

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  09:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ILuvGa, it's been quite warm and dry here this week, but it's supposed to cool off to more normal temperatures for April starting tomorrow. Maybe we will get some rain, too. I actually had to water the lettuce and spinach in my garden yesterday because it was so dry.Go to Top of Page
coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  3:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was wonderful this morning, 63 degrees when i got up around 8 am.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 4 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy