New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 What's the weather like there now!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 4
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  10:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's the temperture, COLD! It was yucky here today but i think tomorrow will be nice. Somebody reply and keep me informed, please. God Bless Ya!

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirts

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you have to do is go to the bottom of the topics page and the current weather is always posted there.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  06:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Supposed to see snow today around 1pm.  Wind Advisory from 1pm-7am tomorrow. 

Today, is tether your kids day to your waist.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  09:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a beautiful sunny morning with a bright blue sky although quite cold....got down to 21 degrees.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  12:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess the weather will be the hardest thing to get used to when I do move there.I've been down here in Fl. for 6 yrs., my blood has got a little thinner.Is there any bowling alleys, movie theatres there? I guess most people stay indoors, watch TV, and sit by the heat. Thanks for replying. I love to hear from yu all. Ya take care.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to 13 tomorrow!! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I had an auto start on my car for tomorrow!!!  HEY! I know my auto starts name!!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  6:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
C'mon 13 degrees, wow. That'll be a drastic change for me.The coldest it has gotten here is 35 degrees. I hope my warm husband follows me there or here i come electric blanket. My husband dosen't want to come there but i am hoping i can convince him. Well ya wrap up, Blairsville still a great place.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  11:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

IluvGa, you can check out the temps and other weather stats here:  http://georgiaweather.net/

To the left where it says 'weather stations'...select Blairsville...then on the next page, click on current conditions.

Right now it is 12.5 with a wind chill of 0.9....Brrrrr!!!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

laura

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit laura's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I like about the weather there is you don,t get alot of snow,and it does warm up later in the day.I,m in northeast ohio,burried under 15 in. of snow, I can watch ice fishing from my window.Counting the days till vacation,miss my cabin.It is so cold here, you have to wear gloves inside, when your on the computer. We cut the tips off the ends of the gloves.

georgiaonmymindGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

What I like about the weather there is you don,t get alot of snow,and it does warm up later in the day.I,m in northeast ohio,burried under 15 in. of snow, I can watch ice fishing from my window.Counting the days till vacation,miss my cabin.It is so cold here, you have to wear gloves inside, when your on the computer. We cut the tips off the ends of the gloves.

georgiaonmymind

Now that is COLD!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a bone chilling 8 degrees when i got up this morning! Brrr!!!
We got a light dusting of snow too. I hope you are warmer where you are at LuvGa!

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  12:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to check out the webcams on Brasstown Bald to catch a look at our weather such as today's snow:

South-facing Camera: http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/conditions/btb-streaming-1-south.htm

North-facing Camera: http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/conditions/btb-streaming-2-north.htm

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Felt like rain, sun came out, feels like rain again.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  6:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love these warmer temps!

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  09:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A reminder that temperature and other conditions can always be checked at the bottom of most webpages of Blairsville.com and even in the forums at the Forum and Category levels. Clicking on the weather graphic at the bottom of the page brings up even more detail about current and expected weather conditions. It's just another helpful way we try and make Blairsville.com "the place to go to be in the know."

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  3:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iluvga, Joy and I have live in many different places during our 39 years together.  Places like Mass, VA, MD, AZ, TX, CA, FL, GA and Germany.  Others have lived in numerous other places also.  Rest assured, unless something is medically wrong with you, your body will adjust to the different seasons and temperatures.  It will take some time (perhaps a year or so) but you will adjust.  I, for one, cannot wait to get up there where we will have four seasons (here we have hurricane season and non-hurricane season).

GrayEagle
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn NoticeGo to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  6:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm with you on that one Gray.

777Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  9:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like UC and area may get a dusting of snow tonight.  Stay warm and be safe tomorrow.

GrayEagle
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn NoticeGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  09:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's freezing & we're out of gas. So, it's 62 in the house right now.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  2:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MP, who is your propane service?  I want to make sure they aren't ours!  Out of gas? dead

GrayEagle

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray...it's Heritage Propane & I have to say they've been great! It's our unit we have that eats up gas as the guy told me today. He said that he wasn't charging me the $75 come out fee on the weekend because they should have been out sooner checking on us. They've been AWESOME to us here & the shop, so I will keep using them. We can always "layer" ourselves and deal with it if we had to. We have a fireplace and I'm not afraid to use it!!!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  7:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great!  I'm glad it is resolved and was an isolated incident.  Will have to keep them in mind.

GrayEagle

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  7:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Grayeagle,
You're right about the 2 seaoson's, hurricanea and non-hurricane.I totally agree with you. I know i will get used to the weather. I am not sure my husband will. He dosen't want to go to GA. at all. I'm praying and waiting on the right time. God will direct my steps according to his will.Weather was great here today.

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes i know where to check the weather but talking with others about it is nice. We've had gorgeous weather here. In fact I went to the beach yesterday. It was gorgeous, however i did go to Bonita Beach which is 45 minutes from here. I can't wait to see Blairsville.

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  09:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ILuvGa, it is raining pretty heavily now and the wind is blowing briskly too.

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  10:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, is it raining there today. It's hot and humid here. We need rain real bad .

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 4 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy