New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 3 visitors.
 All Forums
 Prayers, Praise and Passings
 Prayer Request
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 9
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  09:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please send your prayers out for Jim and Sheila Towe. Jim is hoping to come home this week after being in the hospital since the week of Thanksgiving in Gainesville. He had gone in for a simple overnight surgery and has been met with complication after complication every step of the way since. This surgery happened only a few weeks after Sheila had her thyroid taken out because of growths only to find out later there was a small section of cancer found on the removed thyroid. Both are strong and fighting, having this come up at the same time and at the holidays is trying for anyone. Please remember both in your prayers.

Will do southern..and welcome to the family.

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  09:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all!

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

southernbourne

United States
8 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  10:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit southernbourne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update on Jim Towe, he is home finally.  The doctors have removed all the tubes.  He is grateful to finally be able to eat and drink.  They say he still has a lot of recovering to do strength-wise, and to re-build his immune system, but he is home!Go to Top of Page
topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  10:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for each of the requests...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  1:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember The Bailey Family..(The Owners Of Goose Creek) Mrs. Bailey Passed away yesterday.

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  11:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember the Totherow family. Miss Anne passed away today. She had fought a very long battle with cancer.

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  07:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Retter was so sweet!! She'll be missed. Very sad for Keith & the whole family.

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  07:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad to hear...Prayers for both families.

Also, please continue prayers for Austin Hooper and Family, Eugene McClure and Family, Jeep Stephens and Family...and the unspoken requests that so many of us have.

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  09:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My uncle passed away saturday afternoon. Please keep my aunt in your prayers.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lavender, so sorry to hear that. Prayers for your Aunt and family.

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  11:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lav, I am so sorry to read this news. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

I have some unspoken prayers but the Lord knows all about them. I just ask that you all remember those who are in need spiritually and that those who are in need otherwise as well, that they feel God's loving touch.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  6:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So much illness, so much pain, so much hurt, but such a wonderful and great God who has born it all for us.  Yes, we will remember these and others in our prayers.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."Go to Top of Page

justgirls

United States
23 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  9:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit justgirls's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please remember my little one in prayer. He has really had a hard time healthwise the last few days; Around mid November he was diagnosed with Crohns disease and since August has been ill with very few good days. He was started on a new medication a couple of weeks ago to which he had a severe allergic reaction. Thank God today his IV was removed and hopefully once this is resolved he can once again be on the road to remission if they can find medication that he can tolerate. He is only 10 and it's hard for him to understand.

Prayers going up for all these who have lost loved ones, those fighting cancer, and illness and all other needs that God knows all about.Someone said earlier that we have an on time God and I know this to be true.

Prayer changes things and I know that there are some praying folks on this site. Thanks for your prayers in advance.

thinking 'bout homeGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  9:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Justgirls, our son had a college room mate who had Crohns Disease and he really had a rough time.  I'm sorry to hear that your 10 year old had it.  We will remember him in our prayers and may God give you the wisdom you will need to help him through this.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."Go to Top of Page

justgirls

United States
23 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  10:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit justgirls's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gray Eagle thanks for your prayers, it means so much to know that people pray.
Yes, you are right in praying for us to have the wisdom needed to pass through this storm. As parents you just feel so helpless and realize more than ever that God is in control.

This illness is quite new to us and I guess the hardest part has been that we want him better yesterday. I know that he will have better days ahead and mountains to climb in between but for now it just seems he needs a rest.

I know Crohns Disease it something that we will have to learn to walk through but I also know that miracles still happen today.

When we first started walking this path in August I remember being in the grocery store and glancing at the spices. It seemed that my eyes were just drawn to the mustard seeds, and it reminded me that we all have a measure of faith and that little mustard seed seemed so small, but if I can just believe and I do, I know this current mountain has to move. If I have my mustard seed joined with others in prayer I know there may be mountains we won't have to climb. I know this may sound like ramblings but it is from the heart and who knows how many mountains have been moved because somebody prayed?

Your prayers are important and I feel it is my reasonable service to pray for others in return. Thank you for the encouragement and may God Bless all who pray for others in need.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  12:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers are going up most defin.!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

justgirls

United States
23 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit justgirls's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Prayers are going up most defin.!

Thanks so much for your prayers; He's been playing alot today,thank goodness. Please continue to remember him when you pray. Blessings to you friend.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

justgirls

United States
23 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  6:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit justgirls's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awwwww, someday I'll figure this out. Reply still the same, daughter.:)

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  8:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miracles still happen daily! I am familiar and I am very sorry for a child to endure as well as the parent. I have never seen this with children but I do know what it is like for an adult. I am familiar with The Lords works and His healing hands as well.

ps. I have been on here forever and still sometimes, I do that what you did in replying. ;) It is ok. Hugs to you my friend.

I have a few unspoken. God knows about them all, each and everyone. We are lifting these prayers up and praying that people embrace the Lord and have faith.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  08:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am lifting up prayers for many this morning. If anyone knows an update on Lisa Legg, please let us know as she went through surgery yesterday?

Please keep my Weela in prayers. She wore a heart monitor last month and Friday evening we go for the reading of it and the results. Her heart is beautiful and God knows it.

Friday morning I have to take momma to the cancer center up here. She has decided to take the treatments. Please lift her up in prayers.

Hunny got news last night about his daddy. There is now cancer in his liver. Please keep them lifted up.

Some of my church family and family in general were involved in an accident yesterday and had their lil ones with them. Please keep them in prayers. As far as I know, there were only minor injuries thankfully.

Also please keep families lifted up and the working people or non employed people of this nation in prayers. May the folks see light in the darkness and that this too shall pass. The temporary problems will soon be behind them and there is hope and faith.

Keep the mission field in prayers too please. There are many awesome folks at work out there. Big ones, small ones and ones who do the simple little things that means a whole lots.

Pray for one another and do what you can, when you can, while you can.

God bless yuns each and everyone!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 01/07/2009 08:32:04 AMGo to Top of Page

justgirls

United States
23 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  7:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit justgirls's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Prayers continue for all these request. Thanks to all who lift others in prayer and thank you to those who are praying for my family, it truly means soooo much.

Back to Atlanta tomorrow, the past few days have been good for my little one, yes, God is good and I praise him for all he's brought us through.

No, I may not personally know you by name or face, but "God knows" and I pray special blessings to you all. I can say, "I felt your prayers" when the first request was sent out to you folks.

Lord, help us all to hold dear to our hearts, those in need of prayer, and may you find us faithful in praying one for another; In Jesus name I pray.

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  5:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember the family of James Youngblood (Youngblood Concrete), he passed away today.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keeping all in prayers and in thoughts! Polly, most defin. lifting up the Youngblood family as well!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am lifting up prayers for many this morning. If anyone knows an update on Lisa Legg, please let us know as she went through surgery yesterday?

Please keep my Weela in prayers. She wore a heart monitor last month and Friday evening we go for the reading of it and the results. Her heart is beautiful and God knows it.

Friday morning I have to take momma to the cancer center up here. She has decided to take the treatments. Please lift her up in prayers.

Hunny got news last night about his daddy. There is now cancer in his liver. Please keep them lifted up.

Some of my church family and family in general were involved in an accident yesterday and had their lil ones with them. Please keep them in prayers. As far as I know, there were only minor injuries thankfully.

Also please keep families lifted up and the working people or non employed people of this nation in prayers. May the folks see light in the darkness and that this too shall pass. The temporary problems will soon be behind them and there is hope and faith.

Keep the mission field in prayers too please. There are many awesome folks at work out there. Big ones, small ones and ones who do the simple little things that means a whole lots.

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 01/07/2009 08:32:04 AM

Gracious girl! How's your Momma doing w/ the treatments? How bout Weela's results? And your FIL? Prayers are definately w/ you, as always!!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  11:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 01/07/2009 08:32:04 AM

Gracious girl! How's your Momma doing w/ the treatments? How bout Weela's results? And your FIL? Prayers are definately w/ you, as always!!

Awww Jawja... thanks so much. Prayers work!

My Weela will be going back every so often to the heart doctor. The Sibley Center in Gainesville is really a great bunch and they specialize in children with heart problems. Dr. Carpenter explained to us that Weela's top valve and bottom valve on her heart does not do the pattern always that it is supposed to do. She has a 1% block and a 2% block. For an 11 year old, this means we will have to keep an eye on her and no meds are given at this time because of her age and growth and the small percentage and the fact that the unsteady pattern is not "harmful" at this time. Being it is there and the blocks, we have to keep a close eye on her and she will wear another monitor for 24 hours in 6 months to evaluate unless she becomes sickly before then.. so thank you everyone for your prayers and please do continue prayers.

My momma did transfer to up here because of the mountain and how sick she got the last time that she was on chemo. The chemo has not started as of yet. She says in a week or two maybe. I went with her on her first visit and Dr. Manfredi wanted to start asap... however, my mother said that there was some changes. I really don't know what changed with-in the first visit and second.. she says it was something to do with her insurance. She is fine spiritually tho and we talk everyday several times a day. She is living life and that is good. Thank you so much for asking and keeping prayers going for her too. I am keeping prayers for you and your momma too sweetie and you know how to get up with me if you need ANYTHING. I love ya sister. Please message me and update me when you have time.

Hunnys daddy started chemo again yesterday for the spot that was found on his liver. It was a 5 hour visit. Please keep him and my MIL and their children in prayers. He was on cloud 9 after conquering the colon cancer and going through the surgery..

There are prayers needed for several of loved ones that we know and I ask yuns all to keep one another in prayers as well. The Lord knows what is needed and strength is a major need that the Lord gives.. so do please continue prayers..

God bless each and everyone of yuns.. and thank God for his love and mercy. He is an on time God.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 01/28/2009 12:27:12 PMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 9 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy