New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
 All Forums
 Prayers, Praise and Passings
 Prayer Request
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 9
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UBB called me last night to let us know about her dad. I didn't want to say anything at that time.  She and her family does need our prayers.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  6:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I waited until today to say anything; But I just felt like we should hold them up in prayer. Doc, If your reading this anytime soon; Know that you and all the Doc family are in our prayers! We love ya'll!

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  7:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  7:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When did DOC's dad pass away?

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  8:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best that I recall, sometime Friday night/Saturday morning.

GrayEagle
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  09:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all those mentioned and extra words for DoC and family.

whyGo to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers being sent.

A special hug to doc and family.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  8:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We need to remember Doc and her family and the families of Mrs Mary Cook and Mrs. Jessie Corn in our thoughts and prayers. Mrs Cook and Mrs. Jessie both passed away today.

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  8:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gracious such sadness already this week. Prayers are bein sent up for all those mentioned!!

DoC I am soo sorry!! You hang in there girl, I know your faith is strong and God will bring you through this too!

Edited by - JawJa Gurl on 10/13/2008 8:35:36 PMGo to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  8:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If ya'll have time around 7 a.m. in the morning send up a prayer for me, that's when my surgery is scheduled.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  9:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc & Polly...thinking of y'all tomorrow. 

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  11:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im so sorry DoC! i email you.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=EYjnMfgzgcM

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  11:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers going up for all.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  04:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Polly, I will be praying for you today.

GrayEagle
America:

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  05:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sending up prayers for you Polly.
Was sorry to hear about Miss Jessie...prayers for her family and Mrs. Cook's.
Continued prayers for the other requests.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  7:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.. I home got home around 5:30p. Things went well. My heart did a little number so they kept me longer than usual.. I got to leave the hospital around 4. I'm a little sore right now.. I'll probably feel it even more tomorrow.
Marge, my pancreas is still inflamed. Hopefully this surgery will help.
Topaz I'm still trying to figure out who you are.. I think I know but not sure..Admin edit - text removed

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Polly, I glad to hear that things went will with you today.  More so that you were able to come home.

I was going to say something about Topey, but then I thought she might rather say "yes" or "no" to your question. evil

GrayEagle
America:

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  05:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks all.. I home got home around 5:30p. Things went well. My heart did a little number so they kept me longer than usual.. I got to leave the hospital around 4. I'm a little sore right now.. I'll probably feel it even more tomorrow.
Marge, my pancreas is still inflamed. Hopefully this surgery will help.
Topaz I'm still trying to figure out who you are.. I think I know but not sure..Admin edit - text removed

Philippians 4:13

Glad things went well Polly! :)

quote:

Polly, I glad to hear that things went will with you today. More so that you were able to come home.

I was going to say something about Topey, but then I thought she might rather say "yes" or "no" to your question. evil

GrayEagle
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.

Hmmm...was it yes or no??

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  06:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps "yes" or perhaps "no".  Since Admin edited the text, I'm glad I had second and third thoughts.

GrayEagle
America:

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  07:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Perhaps "yes" or perhaps "no".  Since Admin edited the text, I'm glad I had second and third thoughts.

GrayEagle
<)))<><
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.

Hmmm ok... smile

Back on topic...
I have some unspoken for others and myself.
Prayers continue for all the requests.

~ Red Auerbach ~

Edited by - topaz on 10/17/2008 05:12:41 AMGo to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  08:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear things went well Polly. Prayin for continued success!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  2:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Polly, you have been in my prayers and on my heart hun.

Sam, Kristi and her family stay on my heart as well and in my prayers..

Jawja, you and your momma are lifted up in my prayers and will continue to be hun.

Thank you all for not only the prayers.. but for being the folks that you all are..
God and those prayers are what carried us all through and continue.

My daddy past away in his sleep on Oct. 11th. He had many health issues due to a car wreck he had about 10 yrs ago and carried the pains and sufferings for this long. I know that he grabbed Jesus' hand and crossed over that river and is in a much better place now without the pains and sufferings.

It was sudden and none of us were expecting it.
The kids were very calm and I just held them as much as I could during all of this.. My Weela kept assuring everyone that Pawpaw was in heaven having THE TIME OF HIS LIFE..

My Mawmaw is being strong as she can and Lawrence kept telling me that it would be lonely there now.. My middle brother said a eulogy that I know that Daddy would have said himself.. and my little brother is taking it rather hard.

We picked out songs and then my middle brother took it from there.. I think that this is where God and Jesus let everyone know that Daddys humor lives on even tho I dont think Robby entended the outcome..

We picked "Will the circle be unbroken" and Ill fly away.. Robby got this music together.. and he really didnt know but here daddys kids sat on the front pew.. the preacher spoke a few words and sat down.. and then the music started.. BANJOS.. yep.. Never quit heard Will the circle be unbroken like that.. and then we (Daddys kids) started jerking heads at one another with big eyes because that song really can pick up with those banjos.. we started laughing because I am positive we were all thinking the same.. Daddy would have laughed and made a comment or more to make us laugh for sure.. thats just how he was.. his sense of humor was one that made everyone laugh if not smile..
Thankfully, that song finally ended.. and the preacher stood up and said a few more words and then read Daddys obit.. all was fine till he got to naming all of my kids and then my brothers started chuckling again.. and then they read my nephews name.. and we all chuckled.. and then they named my daddys dog in there with us because my daddy loved his dog that much.. so much that we used to tell him that Bruce, his dog needed to have a wife and have grandpuppies for him. ;)

Then the preacher sat back down.. and by this time, I was wondering if Johnny Cash was gonna sing again.. nope.. it was Allison Krauss.. and Daddy did love her.. and poor Robby really had never heard these songs done by these two artist.. but there we went again.. MORE BANJO music.. I know God made this as least sorrowful as he could for us.. we had to wait an extra day for daddys body because Florida seems to not work their Cornors on weekends.. which put everything behind.. and soo we had cried and cried..
My daddy made me a lamp a few years ago and put the seashells we collected into it and brought it up to me.. so I took the kids out with Hunny and we collected seashells to go into the lamp..
God sent many miracles with us and while we were all there.. angels.. and you all lifting us up in prayers, those prayers were there..

This was just so unexpected for all of us.. No one ever really knows when our time will end here.. only God does..

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  2:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

{{{{HUGS}}}} to all of you and we're glad you made it home safely.

GrayEagle
America:

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  2:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
{{{{{{hugs back}}}}}} and me too... thank you

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  12:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let Maddy know that I will be praying for her (and her feet) this weekend as she goes on her walk for breast cancer in Atlanta. Thank you for giving up your weekend to walk for this wonderful cause.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Topic is 9 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy