New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 16 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 kids and teens need a place to hang out!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
cutie 123

57 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  6:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said, Kids just need a place to hang out other than that crapy skating rink we have. We need like a Park for bikes,skateboards, and other things. Meeks park is turning into a old people place. You can't do anything there. The only thing good there is the swimming pool in the summer. Well that is about all I have to say, Goodbye From, Anoymous

joshw1169

24 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  4:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Meeks Park is pretty cool!

Josh W.#11Go to Top of Page

jareda15

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  2:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jareda15's Homepage  Reply with Quote
except for the creek!!!!

jared#15Go to Top of Page

Ethana8

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  4:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree jarhead

Go to Top of Page

foxracing32

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2003 :  9:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey this his jake whats up

jake farnerGo to Top of Page

Anj-girl

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  6:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JOSH? JARED? JAKE? YALL ARE THE LAST I EXPECTED TO SEE HERE? DON"T BOYZ HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO??

Go to Top of Page

n/a

47 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  8:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever since the movie house was sold its really gone downhill.

AskTheWiseOldManGo to Top of Page

nightwing

Georgia
22 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2003 :  1:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the movie house is in fine shape old unwise one.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

47 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2003 :  8:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seats are broken. Gum all over screen. [edited] in parking lot. The movie house is a bad scene. Same for the bowling alley. Nasty. Just Nasty. Is that what you call "fine shape?"

No. The kids need to be in some kind of productive activity where they can learn the basics - How to Read and How to be Honest. Those are two things Blairsville kids truly do not have.

It starts with the parents... maybe even the grandparents of the locals. Yes I said locals because the people coming up from Florida and Atlanta are not bringing the dishonesty... They are finding it already here.

Its the kind of place where if you call the sheriff's office and tell them you'll be out of town for a few days, they'll [edited].

nightwing

Georgia
22 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  08:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you havent got a clue old unwise one,you speak trash and lies.you are a thorn that every community hates to see coming. there are good people that has moved in ,but people like you stir trouble and have a chip on your shoulder from the last place that run you off.learn to mind your own business old unwise ignorant one.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

47 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  1:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And You NIGHTWING are one of those cowards who is afraid to stand up for what is true, good and right.

nightwing

Georgia
22 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my my old ignorant one you use that word coward alot.that word must stay on your mind quite abit.yes sir i do believe that it is engrained in your mind.kind of like it is a great big part of you.kind of like it is you. yes sir i do believe you are a sympathetic piece sure enough.you go on back to your recliner now and you get some rest .

Go to Top of Page

n/a

47 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  11:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NIGHTWING,

Thats good grammar for someone educated in Union County schools; perpetually at the bottom of the bottom in SAT rankings nationwide.
LAST IN THE NATION! Thats quite an achievement! You should not only be proud... but you should congratulate [edited] and his ilk for pocketing the money set aside for the schools.

nightwing

Georgia
22 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  9:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightwing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
o yes old ignorant one i am proud of my diploma from union county.your disposition is that of one that never fit into society.always trying to lie to hide the lack of any real intelligence.trying to hurt others by untruths ,but really make you the fool you are (how sad for you).do you dream alot old ignorant one,daydreaming about why you cant be president or walk on the moon.the real fact is you lack the sophistication and common sense that could ever make you believeable to anyone but those with very small and unused brains.try some prozac extra strength it sure will not hurt.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

47 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  9:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too Funny. How do you think I could tell where your diploma came from?

trucking22

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  3:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats where my diploma came from and im damn proud of it. whats wrong with this negative old wise man.hes got bad problems.

Go to Top of Page

InfoSysAnalyst

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  12:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit InfoSysAnalyst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an idea for Blairsville
Create a Non-Profit Organization (NPO) with a name that appeals to young people.
The NPO would primarly be organizing activities which would be productive towards building positive character.
One of the items it could sponsor programs which would provide young people with familiarization and/or experience with different career fields, such as military, retail, construction, banking, etc.
Other activities would include trips to Six Flags, Universal Studios, Disney World, Opryland, etc.
For troubled youth, a boot camp would be offered which would teach basic self-management skills as well as giving them an organized structure of learning.
The biggest factor in finding something to do is obtaining funding and/or sponsorship. The government will not pay for it, so you would have to seek other means of finance like corporate sponsorship and fundraising.
Another factor to consider, for someone to improve themselves(regardless of age), they must first acknowledge that they have a problem and be willing to set goals and improve themselves.

I'm no sociologist or anything, so don't think of me as the expert.

Go to Top of Page

Ladymarmalade

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  01:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah we did, the nursing home, circle K, The make out barn with other company!

LadyGo to Top of Page

Ladymarmalade

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  01:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funnest place was sitting at the pic nic tables LISTENING TO your damned ole Billy Idol & my lovely Pretty Poison chatting about the ones we did not end up with. lol

LadyGo to Top of Page

victoria--

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  01:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh about that last statement Miss Lady you had the company not me except to get out of the rain and if you remember hun it was called Mr. B's back then, god that makes me feel old. Is that old barn even still around I know one of the houses on that street was torn down but really do not remember if that barn is still standing.

Go to Top of Page

victoria--

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  01:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah in the famous words of Pennywise "We all float down here"
that always kept me away from storm drains and clowns not that I liked them before.
Sorry that I have gotten away from the no place for teen to hang out thing but I must say it is nice to see the younger generation being able to sit around the square. When I was in high school and soon therefter there was big problems with sitting around the square so I normally just sat out in front of Micky D's with my ole friend Hank but those times are long over.

Go to Top of Page

john

1 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  11:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but all the ideas I've heard for a place for kids to hang out wouldn't ever work. I think that if you want to help "troubled youth" and give kids a place to be around friends, why not build a skate park at meeks park. i'm sure this would attract more teens to the park and would drive them away from the movie theater and the town square. It really wouldn't cost the city much to build something like that and there are even organizations to help funding and construction of skate parks for small towns like us in need of a place for kids to have a good environment where they can be safe and physically active. If you are interested in my idea you can e-mail me at koman142000@yahoo.com and also if you would like to learn more about skate park funding you can go to tonyhawkfoundation.org thankyou for reading this, I hope you will consider joining me to build a place for the teens.

sincerly,
john

Edited by - john on 08/12/2004 11:37:51 PM

Edited by - john on 08/12/2004 11:39:06 PMGo to Top of Page

hrspowr

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  9:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still don't understand why the local police try to run everyone out of town on weekends. You would think that would be a good place for everyone to sit and socialize and the cops could keep an eye of everything. Instead they seem to want them out of town, if they can't sit in town and talk they'll just go out somewhere where nobody is watching and drink, do drugs, etc. I used to love to sit on the square and talk. I never bothered anyone but every 30 minutes or so the police would tell us to leave.Go to Top of Page
Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  05:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its not where you go its the company you keep. You can go anywhere and have a good time if you are with the right people.

:)Go to Top of Page

Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  03:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmmmm that is interesting. if someone could come in here and build a place for teens would they go or would they stick to their old hang outs?

Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  03:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i say let them hang. if they are not hurting anything. I mean who are they bothering. i think that it is better than the alternative. And you keep limiting where they go and then they will go where they cant be watched closely or found easily.

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy