New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane Season 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 4
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  05:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking real bad for NO starting late Sunday or Monday!  Think they learned how not to wait until the last minute to get out of that place?
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200807_5day.html#a_topad

GrayEagle
<)))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.

Edited by - GrayEagle on 08/27/2008 06:55:02 AMGo to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  4:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray.Looks like the beginning of a very busy season....Hope we all fare well here on the East Coast

......KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  5:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rouge, my dear, we already have a busy season!  Just think, on Sunday, it will be HALF over.  Only problem is, September and October are the worst!

Have you moved from under the bed to under the table?  More room for your beer and Spam Lite!

Looks like NO is going to take a direct hit again if the tracks remain the same.  I think the Governor will be MUCH more pro-active than the last one they had!  Don't know if the mayor learned anything or not, but hope the Governor will take charge!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's getting too busy for my liking out there

.....KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  5:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gustav is scary. Hanna looks like she's drunk & can't decide where to go. Away, would be good.

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  11:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Gustav is a IV right now & I'm telling my parents to get the heck out of Freeport, but they aren't paying me any attention...If they were in LA, I'd be personally going to evacuate them right now, but for now...I do think they'll be ok, but they are in that tail end of terror coming towards them.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ROUGE! Batten down the hatches for Hurricane Hanna! Looks like she will miss us all, but all it takes is a little jig to the west and we might have an interesting weekend!

And then there is TS Ike waiting in the wings. I really don't like the looks of the 5 day forecast. A little jig to the north and next week could be very interesting!

GrayEagle
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.

Edited by - GrayEagle on 09/01/2008 5:02:35 PMGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  8:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blairsville, looks like you will start getting some of the effect of Hurricane Hanna on Thursday or Friday. It should be going to your east, but you just might get some wind and ran from it.
http://tinyurl.com/5sfqqa

GrayEagle
America:

Edited by - GrayEagle on 09/01/2008 8:04:03 PMGo to Top of Page

ana

United States
61 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  12:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit ana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
God Bless everyone down there prayers for safety for one and all.Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  06:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

TS (soon to be Hurricane) Hanna looks like she will be a "non-event" for us.  Also, since Taylor lives in Brunswick, GA, the five day projection looks like, for the most part, a non-event for them also.  However, if Hanna turns a little more to the west, all bets are off.  Keep in mind that Taylor's family lives in a trailer (moble) home.

This is the 5 day tracking map issued at 5:00 a.m.: http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200808.html

GrayEagle
America:
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PTL for you all that will not be effected!

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  08:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hanna is just hanging out in the Atlantic right now.  Delay's the rain here for at least another day.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  07:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well, Hanna looks like a non-event for Florida and Georgia, however SC and NC may be another story!

On the other hand, I don't like Ike!  Still too close to call, but early next week should be "interesting" to say the least.

Rouge, check your supplies!  I gotta fill up all my 5 gal gas cans--just in case!

GrayEagle
America:

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  4:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray....I spent many weeks after Andrew in Miami helping people...I'm really scared about IKE...Seriously, I'm scared of this storm, We need to keep watch....OK?

....KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Rouge, my dear, I am watching this thing like a hawk!  The next day or so will give a better indication on when AND if it is going to turn.  The 5 day projection from 11 a.m. shows it taking a track to the east of Naussa.  Thing is, on that track it may make landfall around melbourne.  Hopefully, it will continue making a NNW to NNE swing and follow Hanna out of the area.....but.....

Hopefully the 5 pm updtat will have better info.

Here is the 5 day from 11 a.m.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200809_5day.html#a_topad

GrayEagle
America:

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  5:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the 5 day at 5 pm is in.  Not good for any of us living down here!  Rouge, be safe!!!

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200809_5day.html#a_topad

GrayEagle
America:

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  5:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers most defin!!!

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  7:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My heart and prayers are with all of our Florida folks. I also have A LOT of family scattered throughout FL, so I am watching these storms very closely...and worrying. I surely am not liking the looks of Ike!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  7:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For all of us that are concerned and like to look at a different way to see the same thing, go to stormpulse.com  It appears that this is a new site (at least it is new to me).  I may have found a new favorite site for hurricane information!

This from there and shows the 5 p.m. projections
http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008

You can move the map around and/or make it larger or smaller to suit you fancy.

GrayEagle
America:

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

WOW! My Dad just may leave me in the Will if I send him this site!!! I'll be in for the long haul. (it's an inside joke, but maybe some people will get it!)

thanks gray.  My dad is freaking out about Ike.  I have an open door policy, but they probably won't budge from Freeport.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  9:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joy ain't too thrilled about Ike either. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what we are going to do. It is still too early and to many changes that may come with this storm. Monday will be a telling day for us. Perhaps Sunday, but more than likely Monday. I am waiting for each update. Right now, they are being issued ever six hours. As the storm gets closer, the updates will come more often. Next update tonight at ll pm.

Rouge, how are you doing? Just in case you are not aware (yeah, right) don't go to the Keys this weekend. There might be a little weather down there!tongue

GrayEagle
<)))<><
America:

Edited by - GrayEagle on 09/05/2008 9:11:53 PMGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  06:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the 5 am track is looking better for us!  Moving more to the south it seems.  However, in 5 days a lot can change so we gotta be on alert and prepared.  Looks like Rouge and Honey Bear are outside of the cone which is wonderful.  We are on the edge of the cone so things are looking up.

Now, if you look at day 5 of this graphic (Thursday of next week) and project out 3-4 day in your mind.  Ike is heading for the Gulf Coast!  Can  you say "will the levies hold-again"!  But that may change.  There is a lot that can happen to Ike between now and then.  Just thought  that was interesting.

GrayEagle
America:

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  4:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With each update, the outlook for this part of FL looks better and better. Rouge, you can come out now. But still don't head for the Keys. Miami and upward are just out of the cone of concern. We do expect to get some wind and rain, but I'll take that any day compared to what I was expecting on Thursday or Friday. PTL!

Now what is going to happen next weekend? Still doesn't look good for the Gulf Coast!

GrayEagle
America:

Edited by - GrayEagle on 09/06/2008 5:14:05 PMGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  7:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good to know that our FLA friends and family are out of danger now with Ike!!!

My mom is thanking anyone and anything for not putting spam under her bed!! LOL

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  7:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, for the time being, we are CLEAR!  However, the folks in Cuba REALLY took a beating!

As for Ike, WATCH OUT TEXAS!

GrayEagle
America:

Topic is 4 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy