New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane Season 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 4
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  3:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a cousin in Melbourne. Just finished talking with several relatives in Brevard and Volusa counties. Some of our friends have power and some don't. A niece in Port Orange in OK but her husband (a teacher in New Smyrna) who went in to work today said that that area is being pounded with rain and wind. They are all ready for this thing to be over with!

Hope that Honey Bear is OK. Cubby, can you give us an update?

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's unbelieveable....So many of my friends in St. Lucie and Ft. Pierce have beene flooded..I have been lucky.Most of the heavy rains are just up the road...Bob Hill.I hope you will be ok... I have never seen anything like this..Joy..It's very bad up there... I hope all will be ok.

.....KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  6:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob Hill, I hope all of your family is ok.....I know it's scary.......I remember your name, Weren't you the realtor in Kentucky...Sorry if I am wrong... I hope all goes well for you.I emptied my rain guage here in Palm beach county twice, so I know it was well over 10 inches.

.......KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  6:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rouge, it is more than time for us to move in a more northerly direction, isn't it!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unreal path, paths that Fay is taking.  Hope y'all are all safe. 

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  09:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your thoughts. We are dry and now it appears everything else is drying out. Tons of elderly and poor folks are in a very bad way now. What was affected more than anything else were trailer parks flooding while people watched their home and belongings just get wasted. Most of them seem to be built right near I95. That means the water has a big levee to go over so it just stays put. Most of the people affected also didn't have FLOOD insurance. It's a shame that those who are less able to handle a situation like this are the ones hurt the most. They could use your prayers and support.

Rouge - I have never been to Kentucky so that must be someone else.

Almost there...Go to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  2:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I moved to Blairville in 2004 and went back to my townhouse in Savannah for two days to get some clothes as I was going to be a part-timer. After all that noise at night I have never gone back and have a wonderful "house sitter"...yes, IRS, not renter, house sitter. Can one believe that I am the only one out of 64 people to have flood insurance??? My place is 1/4 mile from inner-coastal waterway. It started three years ago at $120 per year from FEMA. My bill this month is $250. Storms coming in and I forgot to take digital pictures of all my new furniture etc. Oh well, living up here it worth it. Thanks for letting me vent. Woofs-A-Plenty...PS Yep, I know Paula and Sonny Sieler (UGA's Dad) PS window didn't let me do spell check Mr. J.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paula gave the command to start engines at the race tonight. Instead of saying "Driver's start your engines", she said "Driver's, YA'LL start your engines"! Her picture is on the side of one of the cars for tomorrow night's race.

Talked to another niece in Titusville today. She said that they were fine (had had a lot of wind and rain but no flooding) but that her bunny had disappeared during the storm. While we were talking, her neighbor came over with the bunny. He had found it during the storm.

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  09:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is mostly for Joy and Gray -

Fay dumped a lot of rain here, but not as bad as many places. Only minimal stuff here, a little flooding in places, a few small limbs and palm fronds here and there. I think we "dodged" another one.

This is on Lanier Blvd looking across to Howard Coffin Park. Lanier Blvd was closed, as were several of the side street leading off from it. You can see the water on the road even though it's a bit blurry.

This is looking south down Lanier Blvd. At high tide, the road was completely covered. Most of it had started to recede when the tide when out. Lanier Bridge was still shut down yesterday afternoon, though I'm sure it is open now. The St Simons Causeway was also shut down for a few hours yesterday..

This is at Two Way Fish Camp. Not sure how high it topped off, but it looked like the water was/had been up on the dock at Catfish Charlie's Restaurant. At one place on Hwy 17 before you get to Two Way, water was over the road and they had police there to stop traffic. Luckily, the water cleared out with the outgoing tide.

This looking south towards Overlook Park. It looks like this storm finally finished ruining the pier there. At one point during high tide, water was WAY up in the park, and I was told that Spankys was flooded as well.

The Altamaha River, (Butler Island) Hwy17 going towards Darien. Out of it's banks. Not sure if you can see it or not, but there is a small fishing pier on the left that is under about 2 1/2 foot of water. Sonny and I fish there sometimes.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob Hill.Sorry , I got confuse with all the other Bobs. Taylor, I was lucky here in Palm Beach county, St. Lucie up the road was devastated with flooding... I never did like the name FAY. I am now
depadting whether to put some of the new Bud Light Lime under my bed, Have any of you tried it??

....KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like my parents are going to be hiding under their bed with a pitcher of martinis!!  Fay is heading to Freeport, FL.

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I grow up I am going to be a spelling teacher

.....KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or a typing teacher

........KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why?? did I spell something wrong, or did you??  you've got me paranoid rouge!!!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all. All seriousness.

Other than that.. Prayers for Rouge.
Even the spelling and typing things Rouge wants to do in her future.lol! By then, all of the texting will have to be updated.sigh.
Short hand, typing, spelling and now text chat. sigh

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  1:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pictures Taylor. I had heard that the Lanier Bridge was closed because of the high winds. Wasn't sure about the causeway. I figured that it had also closed. Did they evacuate the islands? I saw a picture online from the Brunswick News that showed Beachview Dr. around the old Coast Guard station also closed because of flooding. Hope that things are starting to get back to normal there.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  1:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hunker down for Gustav in the making. Hope he just dies out!

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  3:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy, that was quick! It was a tropical depression this morning. Miami is in "The Cone" and we should know by later this week if we need to put up shutters.
This tropical "stuff" is getting real old, real fast!!! Y'all all pray REAL HARD that this house sells soon so that we can get out of here!!!!!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  5:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:( I am sorry for you all down there. I am praying. I know God does hear even the smallest voice. Praying for safety against the storms.
Love yuns!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  8:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

***Sorry Joy...This is "projected" path of Gustavo!!! I forgot to throw that in!!!

When viewing the T.D. 7 2008, the green area is the Tropical Disturbance, yellow is the projected T.S. (tropical storm) and the red is the anticipated upgrade to a hurricane. May this force, not be with you.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Don't think Gustavo is going to let up...

Just heard on the news that Gustav could be a Cat. V soon. The wind is greater than 155 mph.

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  11:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness for TS Fay, we have been getting much needed rain down here (south of B'ville). As of early yesterday morning, according to the rain gauge, I have gotten 4 inches of rain....my 1000 gallon underground sistern is full, my 4oo gallon above ground one is full...thank you Fay!.

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Gustav is a Cat 1 now and projected to be a Cat III somethime Friday.  All tracks and cone projections show it south of Cuba until Cuban landfall around Saturday.  However, on Sunday, the projected path takes it out of Cuba into the Gulf, and, if it goes straight, NO is in Gustav's line of sight.  There is time (and plenty of warm water) for it to become stronger between Cuba and any US landfall.  None of the computer models (at this time) show Gustav making a right turn to FL.  This could be another bad one for LA, MS, and AL.

Weather Underground 5 Day

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200807_5day.html#a_topad

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  11:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers most defin. for all!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank goodness for TS Fay, we have been getting much needed rain down here (south of B'ville). As of early yesterday morning, according to the rain gauge, I have gotten 4 inches of rain....my 1000 gallon underground sistern is full, my 4oo gallon above ground one is full...thank you Fay!.

www.scottanna.com

Make that 5 inches since I first wrote, this current band has really dumped on us.

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

Topic is 4 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy