New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.

All Forums
 Seen around our community
 Illegal dumping seen in our county
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  12:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I've noted before, not everything seen is a shining example of Union County and its citizens. We also have an element here that care nothing for the environment or their impact on it, whether to their detriment or anyone else's.

These pictures were taken on a large parcel of private property - too large to effectively patrol, especially with all the old and new trails and dirt roads running through it - and certain uncaring individuals sneak in and dump their garbage there instead of taking it to the dump to be disposed of properly. This isn't a societal disease restricted to this one land lot. You might know or have heard of other areas that this occurs - I have. We need to be diligent in exposing it when it happens.

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  08:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure how it works up there, but down here, when an illegal dump site is found, they will look through the trash and see if they can fins anything with a name or address - an old bill, a letter, junk mail, anything. Then, that person is contacted and often heavily fined. There have even been actual arrest for illegal dumping. There used to be a problem with a couple contractors dumping their waste, but it kind of got "nipped in the bud" when the fines put them out of business.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  09:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its the same here Taylor. I know someone who found trash. Reported it. The officials went to the site...found a name. Went to that person's address. Found out that person was deceased and went to that person's next of kin and it so happened that the caregiver was the one who was 'disposing' of the trash. In another instance, names were found and they made the person pick up the trash..the sad thing was it was their 3rd time of being reported for littering/dumping...and no fines were charged. That part I didn't understand. Anyone who knows me knows I donot throw paper out whatsoever...the inside of my car is proof!

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  09:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How awful! Makes you want to stake it out & catch the creep(s).

1/20/09 (amen, sista!)
G.O.P. (Grand Oil Party!)Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  09:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep! Hunny watched a truck go by our place loaded.. and come back through unloaded... thing is, he didnt know WHOSE property it was that got the "stuff".. or what?

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham LincolnGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  09:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I wonder if the OFFICAL ORGAN would take these pictures, do some investigation, turn the results in to the local county police, and print the results of their/his investigation in the offical organ next week?

We all know the answer to that.....No he won't!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

hwy129

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  2:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwy129's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is just really sad. Just think how beautiful that first picture would be if that mess was gone. God created us a paradise, and we turn it into a dump.

It was nice reading about certain groups in the community going out and cleaning up the lake back in the spring. So, all hope's not lost I guess.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy