New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 FATZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
halfnut

88 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  12:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the wife and i ate there the food was great,the funny thing is we know the brother of the owner,my wife worked with him and i played softball with him back in macon,what a small world it is.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  10:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we where 3 people who did go there, food was great, nice waitress etc, nice comfortable furniture and ambiente, overall an great place! anytime again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3t8PwHvj10

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
since then we where 2 times there, 2 persons, was an great tasty food, the owner is nice too, talked an bit today, they where really busy.

great place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3MfDVdz2Qk&feature=related

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  3:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took my girls in last night for dinner. Very good & consistant. They both signed their autographs for some guy who noticed their pictures up on the wall where we were sitting!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  9:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were in Fatz for lunch (my wife and I)there was three or four tables pushed together,which isn't normal for fatz,to allow this.There were 14 people occupying said tables.The people were from a local auto parts company.The total bill was for about $170.00 dollars.The tip for the service given from four servers was eleven dollars.If I were Jim Marchman I would not allow any more tables to be moved.I recently read an essay about the conduct of bible thumpers that visit eating establishments,after attending their churches.The essay told it like it was, a bunch of ungreatful people that obviously think a server is undeserving any courtesy and renumeration for their work.We must remember that the servers are working for a minimum wage,of less than three dollars an hour and depend on consumers to be more decent than these two described. groups.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We were in Fatz for lunch (my wife and I)there was three or four tables pushed together,which isn't normal for fatz,to allow this.There were 14 people occupying said tables.The people were from a local auto parts company.The total bill was for about $170.00 dollars.The tip for the service given from four servers was eleven dollars.If I were Jim Marchman I would not allow any more tables to be moved.I recently read an essay about the conduct of bible thumpers that visit eating establishments,after attending their churches.The essay told it like it was, a bunch of ungreatful people that obviously think a server is undeserving any courtesy and renumeration for their work.We must remember that the servers are working for a minimum wage,of less than three dollars an hour and depend on consumers to be more decent than these two described. groups.WRJ

William R.Jenkins

WRJ, I am one of the so-called "Bible thumpers" you did like so much.  However, not all of us are like the ones you described.  I usually tip very well.  In addition, do you know that the tip wasn't already added to the bill?  Did you check that?  Most restaurants add a set amount to the bill (sometimes even when the bill is broken up) to cover the tip.  Since Fatz is a chain, I suspect that was the case.  Did you check with Jim to see if the tip was already added and the $11 was EXTRA.  However, for the life of me, I cannot see how you made the leap from the" ill-tipping auto parts employees" to Christians except for an irrational dislike for Christians and for taking every opportunity you can to expound your dislike.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  09:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you consider people who believe the Bible to be true to be Bible thumpers, then I am one. Even though I rarely eat out, when I do I always tip well. Even if I get really lousy service, I will leave a ten percent tip. I leave more for better service.Go to Top of Page
William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  11:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eagle,for the life of me I can't understand why you think I dislike Christians.I have never made a statement indicating that.I expected you would comment ,because reading your post about restaurants,you are generious.All thumpers aren't the same,we are concerning gereralities here.I wouldn't post something here on this forum if I didn't have the information contained,here-in.There was no prearraignment and as you know there is no set amount that one pays as is the case for Olive garden ,ect.Isn't it possible to dislike what people think or their actions and not not the person?,of course it is.WRJ Things will improve for the noles.

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  11:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Meg.Bible thumpers come in all types ,just as Humanists.As I mentioned to eagle,I don't dislike the thumpers,as a humanist I like and respect all people and what they believe has little to do with my opimion.I have been known to leave nothing for poor service and be very generious at other times.My wife thinks that servers should always receive a fair amount,several years ago , in Florida we had a celebration for her birth anniversity.The food was horrible and the service was even worse.My wife insisted that she leave more than the normal amount agreed to. I finally agreed,so she thought.As we were leaving I reached over and retrieved the intended tip.I believe servers should be paid at least the min.wage.The amount paid to employees should be included in the price,of course that would require an increase in pricing.These laws allowing a min.wage should be changed.Why should restaurant owners have this advantage? WRJ

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  6:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WRJ, I cannot ever remember you saying anything nice or positive about Christians.  Every time you mention us or refer to our God, our Christ, our Holy Spirit, or our Bible, it has been with a negative tone.  Among other things you continually call us Bible Thumpers or worst.  Regardless of any excuses you may make about calling us Bible Thumpers, it is a derogatory term much like some other terms that we all can think about that are no longer acceptable or allowed.

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family.

Sorry Admin, don't think this should be here.  Move, delete, edit as necessary. 

GrayEagle
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
recently went to fatz. had their combo, everything but the ribs were great, ribs ok at best. i was disappointed they took the shrimp out of the cheese dip appetizer. funny thing our waiter, a real flamboyant sweetie, strongly recommended the ribs. do gays work at sounding and acting extra gay just for the shock value? all in all the food was pretty good and the service just ok.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  4:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

do gays work at sounding and acting extra gay just for the shock value?

Only in small towns. No one is shocked anywhere else.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  6:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flower,I am proud to state(That is because I believe I am a very tolerant person,maybe a little wise and intelligent) you are undoubtly the most person of all here on this forum(that includes WRJ and others0 I won't name,but they are out there,and here struggling with their meaning and reason for being)The christian hate for homosexual people is one of the resons I am not one of them.WRJ Humanists

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
blairsville, what a diverse place it is. gays, bible thumpers, bikers, humanists, good ole boys, yankees and all my fellow floridiots living side by side in perfect harmony, almost.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  11:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I wouldn't call it diverse yet. If it were diverse, there wouldn't be so much shock at anyone or anything who is "different".

There is a thin trickle of new ideas and people coming in, and some people have a cow over it. It's like taking a time machine and going backwards sometimes. I just wish the gear shift wasn't always stuck in reverse.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  08:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

blairsville, what a diverse place it is. gays, bible thumpers, bikers, humanists, good ole boys, yankees and all my fellow floridiots living side by side in perfect harmony, almost.

loud pipes save lives

well sayd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBocef6iQps&feature=related

Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  09:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tipping out is where the server has to tip the bartender{except here), hostess and busers. the standard amount is 1% each on the total bill. this practice is mandatory in most chains. if you leave only 15% and they must tip out 2-3% they only realize a 12-13% tip.

ALRUI

United States
20 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  7:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALRUI's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You guys are starting to sound like a bunch of ultra libs here - humanist?? For Christ sakes (pun intended) just be human and get over it!Go to Top of Page
Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  11:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everytime we head up to Blairsville my boy begs to go to FATZ, it is very good.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  9:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fatz is the only restaurant in Blairsville that has class.That includes Jim and all his cooks and servers.The women are attractive and intelligent,unlike some female servers in town.Who cares if they don't have alcohol,as long as they have the best food and enviroment in town.WRJ

Tig2

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2011 :  8:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tig2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My wife and I went to Fatz tonight for dinner and came away disappointed. The service and the server were fine at best, but the food was not up to what I've come to expect. The baked potato soup tasted burnt and was sent back. Then we ordered the chicken gumbo soup. It was nothing better than chicken with rice and tomatoes, so we sent it back. I wanted wings but they were out so I had to settle for a salad with old lettuce and a baked potato with all the trimmings. My wife ordereed ribs with baked sweet potato. the ribs were fine but the potato, while cooked, wasn't warm enought to melt the butter. Also, we got only 3 rolls with no offer of any more. No manager came by the table and our server didn't offer any type of discount for our inconvience. Not what I've come to expect and it left me disappointed.

Happiness is where you find itGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, if the food and service was so bad, why didn't you contact the manager before coming here to complain?

GrayEagle
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  5:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Touche' Gray!Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  7:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vielen Dank, Shucks!

GrayEagle
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich BonhoefferGo to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  09:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just wondering, if the food and service was so bad, why didn't you contact the manager before coming here to complain?

GrayEagle
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

So, if he'd contacted the manager and voiced his complaint, then it would be "okay" to outline his dining experience here?

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy