New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 FATZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  1:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the girls there for lunch yesterday.  Yummy!  The girls love to joke & tease "Jim Bob" there. 

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  8:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Took my girls to Fatz tonight for dinner.  Very good! They both love the loaded baked potato soup. 

We sat in the room where the "bar" is, and while looking around at the photos, I glanced up & saw a kid looking at some gourds at one of the b'ville festivals.  The kid had a "Blairsville.com" tshirt on !!! LOL 

Go to Top of Page

Loganviller

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Loganviller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My wife and I ate their on the 13th of February for dinner around 7:30PM. The service was not impressive at all several mistake made on the order. Too top it all off the waitress when apologizing for it said and I quote "Maybe I shouldn't have had those 2 jello shots before work I could've concentrated better." At this my wife and I asked for the bill paid and left. Upon returning to our cabin we went to bed. At around 3 to 3:30AM I awoke to excruciating abdominal pain. By 9AM I ended up at Union General's Emergency room and was preliminarily diagnosed with food poisoning. Now I won't make any presumptions but you guys make the connection I ate breakfast on the morning of the 13th at 08:30 and other than fatz that was all I ate. The doctor at the emrgency room even said the time frame would favor the meal at Fatz heavily. So since I am from the Atl area I will say this the cabins we stayed at were beautiful the hospital staff was friendly and nice. As for Fatz never ever eat their!!!!Go to Top of Page
iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  12:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My wife and I ate their on the 13th of February for dinner around 7:30PM. The service was not impressive at all several mistake made on the order. Too top it all off the waitress when apologizing for it said and I quote "Maybe I shouldn't have had those 2 jello shots before work I could've concentrated better." At this my wife and I asked for the bill paid and left. Upon returning to our cabin we went to bed. At around 3 to 3:30AM I awoke to excruciating abdominal pain. By 9AM I ended up at Union General's Emergency room and was preliminarily diagnosed with food poisoning. Now I won't make any presumptions but you guys make the connection I ate breakfast on the morning of the 13th at 08:30 and other than fatz that was all I ate. The doctor at the emrgency room even said the time frame would favor the meal at Fatz heavily. So since I am from the Atl area I will say this the cabins we stayed at were beautiful the hospital staff was friendly and nice. As for Fatz never ever eat their!!!!

We had similar problems, but didn't need ER. The worst part was we had company from out of town. One of the waitresses spilled an entire plate of food on one of our guests and didn't apologize nor did the manager come to the table. The manager saw what happened.
Our food was horrible, the service bad, and they weren't real busy when all this happened. The floor where the food was spilled was not cleaned up for about 15 minutes. We didn't eat most of our food and left the restaurant.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  07:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Loganvillar, I do hope you called & spoke to any of the manager's there about the problem.  It's standard procedure in any restaurant to take your info down & research the issue.  I've had food poisoning before & it takes a LONG time to get over eating that food again.  Mine was an egg.  I love them now, but I do think about what I went through that day & night.

The time line does seem right, so I'd give them a call. 

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  07:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We eat at Fatz at least once every trip up there (not "their").  Like every restaurant we visit over and over, there are some days that are better than others.  At Fatz, the good visits FAR exceed the not-so-good (did not say "bad") visits.  All in all, I would give them a "B+" or an "A-" rating.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn Notice

Edited by - GrayEagle on 02/16/2009 07:43:47 AMGo to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  09:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've eaten at Fatz several times and never had any problem with the food or service. Hope someone takes me for my birthday!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

wildwoman

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  5:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit wildwoman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In reference to loganviller, at 7:30 pm most resturants in blairsville are still busy on a friday night, maybe even on a wait. Well the resturants that are worth eating at. Fatz is one of those. Bad service, no I don't think so, bad food, no I don't think so, you having a bad attitude, yea I think so. So post the er bill and lets see your problem. You overhearing a server talk to another coworker because you are bored might lead me to believe that you needed an excuse to leave our beautiful town. Fatz has given blairsville a wonderful atmosphere to eat in and the service is wonderful the food is also wonderful, manager presence is a standard period. How do I know this, because.Go to Top of Page
hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have eaten at fatz about a dozen times. the service was good 11 out of 12 times and the food was good every time. i have no problem recommending them.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  5:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

In reference to loganviller . . .

Bad service, no I don't think so, bad food, no I don't think so, you having a bad attitude, yea I think so. So post the er bill and lets see your problem. You overhearing a server talk to another coworker because you are bored might lead me to believe that you needed an excuse to leave our beautiful town.

Were you there with Loganviller? No, I don't think so.

If you go back and read, you will see he didn't "overhear" the server talking to a coworker. The server was speaking directly to him.

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  5:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing like an out of towner on their first post to "rip" into one of our restaurants.

Generally, food poisening(sic) takes longer than the time fram stated. Having investigated multiple cases such as this it is very rare that the current food caused any problems. Most often it is "Norwalk virus that causes the problem,and it takes 12 to 24 hours to manifest.

No restaurant can please everyone, someone will always complain.We have such a plethora of restauant critics you can find a omplaint somehere.

It's just like no one has ever been sick after eating food. Give me a break.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've known many people who have gotten food poisoning within a few hours after eating bad food. It sounds like the hospital also agreed.

I guess it never occurred to anyone but Maddy to offer sympathy to Loganviller, instead of jumping on him and accusing him of trashing the town? That would have gone a long way toward giving him the impression that the residents are friendly.

BTW, he complimented everything else about his stay.

Go to Top of Page

iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  10:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've known many people who have gotten food poisoning within a few hours after eating bad food. It sounds like the hospital also agreed.

I guess it never occurred to anyone but Maddy to offer sympathy to Loganviller, instead of jumping on him and accusing him of trashing the town? That would have gone a long way toward giving him the impression that the residents are friendly.

BTW, he complimented everything else about his stay.

Well written and good observation.

Go to Top of Page

engin747

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  2:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit engin747's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently a fairly large group of us who get together on Tuesday evenings to have dinner together decided on eating at FATZ. Most of us had at one time or another eaten there on an individual basis and we agreed that the food was very good and the Tuesday Night Special was a financial plus. There are generally eight to ten of us and for three or four weeks the folks at FATZ made arrangements (moved tables together) for us to all eat together. Overall the food was good and only once or twice was there an error but nothing to get upset about. Those things happen. Then on the last Tuesday night we were there a small problem arose. The manager said that he couldn't provide the moving of tables together to accomodate a large group such as ours. Bottom line was, when we questioned why, that it was against company policy. Several of us were employed at different levels in the fire service in other cities and none of us had ever heard that having more than four people at a table was a fire hazzard. That's absurd and if it's part of the "fire code" in Union County someone needs to get a grip. But to get back on track the manager was quite polite yet firm in his delivery of the bad news so FATZ sacrificed eight to twelve dinners every Tuesday night to a company policy. We now eat somewhere else where the policy isn't quite so stringent. BUT..... we chalk it up to doing business. While we were there we were always treated cordially and the wait staff was very competent. The food was good and we always enjoyed ourselves. We were disappointed that we had to go somewhere else but have nothing bad to say about FATZ. Company policy is company policy and unless you're making the rules you have to abide by the rules. We wish the management and staff at FATZ continued success and thank them for adding an excellent eatery to Blairsville. And by the way if you plan on going there try the fried green tomatoes on grits. You'll love it.

engin747
Blairsville, GA
Wayyyyyy back in the sticksGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  2:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen several comments over time about the lack of accommodations for large groups of customers.  I'm not sure if anyone else has done so, but I just emailed FATZ Corporate just to ask that type of question.  When (and if) I get a response, I will post it. 

GrayEagle
Read this somewhere, and have to agree: "Society doesn’t need Politicians. What we need are Statesmen."Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  3:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Surprise, Surprise!  I just received a response from FATZ Cafe.  The gentleman I spoke to was Mr. Tom Clark.  He indicated he would like to respond here and I sent him the link to the topic.  I think we all will be pleased with his response.  Stand By.

GrayEagle
<)))<><
Read this somewhere, and have to agree: "Society doesn’t need Politicians. What we need are Statesmen."

Edited by - GrayEagle on 03/29/2009 3:34:42 PMGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  8:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think that as in all corporate owned businesses, you have "rules" you go by. I had to follow those with the boston markets I ran in Chicago. If you do one, one way, you do the other & more the SAME way. This is the fire code rules. If the other rest. in town choose to ignore it, that's their business. But, I would think as someone outside of the local arena, they'd be like, "Yep...follow the rules", "don't step on any toes". They don't want brown bagging in there because there is NO liquor sales in Union county, so they don't go against that rule either.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  8:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]
I've eaten at Fatz several times and never had any problem with the food or service. Hope someone takes me for my birthday!

They did, and it was delish as always.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  9:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that Joy and I will be eating there at least once while we are up there in TWO weeks!

GrayEagle
Read this somewhere, and have to agree: "Society doesn’t need Politicians. What we need are Statesmen."Go to Top of Page

smoke14

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  4:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit smoke14's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ate at Fatz last night with a group of 12. The management put tables together for our party and informed us that they could do it during "non-peak" times. Perhaps they have listened to us?Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  6:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was hoping that the manager, Jim, would  have been on here by now, but I guess business has kept him away.  Why you ask?

Jim called me in response to my email to Corporate on Sunday expressing concern about large groups of people.  My email was a result of several past comments about FATZ not accommodating large groups.  This included the post by engin747.  Quite frankly, I was very surprised by the quick response by corporate and the follow-up by the local manager, Jim.  If Jim is the franchise owner, then I'm sorry for misidentifying him.

Anyway, Jim called me yesterday (I had to call him back because I was at work) and basically said that Monday thru Thursday, there should be no problem putting tables together for a large group.  Keeping in mind that you might have to wait until room can be made.  That is reasonable.  Friday thru Sunday is a different story.  They may not be able to accommodate a large group (guess it will depend on how large also) because of the level of business on those days.  I think that is reasonable also.

One of his concerns was that with a large group, the assigned waitress/waiter may have their hands full taking care of such a group.  Again that is somewhat reasonable.  I have to wonder if some of the others who have a few minutes might be able to help her/him.  But that is for them to work out.

I had a very good talk with him and encouraged him to come here and let us know what the policies are.  One other thing he couldn't figure out is where the information/comments came about there being some sort of fire regulation issue.  He said that was never an issue.

Margparg, I threw you name out in the conversation also.   He said he has known you and your hunny for a long time.  Something going back to Atlanta. 

Anyway, Joy and I will be stopping by as planned for another meal in two weeks.  Can't wait!

GrayEagle

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hee, hee! Yes, he does. He was hubby's boss at Galyan's & we've remained friends with him. If it wasn't for him telling hubby about the store being for sale than we'd probably never be right where we are today!!!
Jim is a Managing partner with FATZ. He's proably the #1 in the stores if I'm predicting his record. He's an awesome manager and does what it takes to get the job done. I envy his umppphhh!

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to Fatz last night and the food was great as usual. Gray and I both had fried shrimp, just different kinds. We always enjoy going there.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  5:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just arrived, 12 hours drive, here and opening house. Glass of wine
first, then start having fun. Gary&Georgia

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  12:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my son and i went to fatz last week. the food was outstanding.as far as the service, second to none .our waitress and the manager were on top of their game. mid week and every table was full .  kudos Fatz !

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy