New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
 All Forums
 Restaurant Reviews
 FATZ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  10:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iluvit,I object very strongly your discription of myself and Mr. Eagle.It seem as if you have joined the ranks of a few others in voicing your opinion.I had hopes that you would become more social to others ,but obviously you have suffered a serious sliding back to your old self.I suggest that you think a little more before you are motivated to make such comments.I am sure that I am not alone in my displeasure with your actions.WRJ Military retired and very proud of it.

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  10:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also this,My military profession has only been a portion of my like.I don't dwell on this era.I am very distant from being a typical military man. The fact is I don't think there is a typical military man anywhere.If being proud carreer military men we mostly have that in common, but that is only one element.WRJ

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  10:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Topic: Fatz
The three or four times I have eaten there have, for the most part, been good.  My first experience wasn't the best in the world, but the remaining were not bad at all.  Like all restaurants, they have their ups and downs.  I just hope their ups are more than their downs!

Keep up the good work.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

does anyone know if there are any fresh items on the menu besides salad

Go to Top of Page
Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  03:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iluvit does not plan on getting old, I guess.

Will it be a suicide, an illness, or choking on a piece of steak at FATZ? Do not intervene if you see Iluvit choking. It's just a necessary preventative to getting old, because getting older is dreadful.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At times,it becomes nearly impossible to stay on topic.Most of the time I attempt to mix a little )bit,in this case something pertaining to the valid topic.First I think Fatz is a restuarant for all people notjust in rural areas and larger cities.On my several visits there the chairs were nearly full of guests,(that's what the manager refers to the coustomers as) sort of European.Now for the side bar.I believe that Iluvit has been shot from her high horse and as soon as she comes back to earth she will be responding to the advice given to her.Hopefully she will not have her six shooter blazing.WRJ

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like their firecracker somthings... Dad?? What those appetizers called? However.. its one place that we cant frequent much.. cause of prices.. specially with 6 of us..

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham LincolnGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doc,If the time comes when you and the other five want to go to Fatz and fell that it would be to expemsive,just let me know and the cost will be paid by WRJ,that's me.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the offer Mr.J.. I appreciate that and I do know YOU.. and that is You for sure.. maybe when we can pay for it, we can meet with you and your lovely bride there.. thats me.. ;) Hunny would like to meet you.. as he has not had the chance.. yet

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham LincolnGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doc.My offer was more of an invitation than speculation.I am about 50 percent sure that I have met your husband about eight to ten years ago.WRJ

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.. you probably did.. he knows more people than I do and has met more than me too.. I will go into my photos of our luncheons and see if he puts two and two together. ;)

chrisse7en

United States
33 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  12:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit chrisse7en's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently lived in Winder, GA where they built a Fatz Cafe a few years back. They started off really well but about 3 months down the road took an awful turn in service quality. Food was awesome though, so I hope the service is better in the Blairsville location because I'm craving some calabash chicken right about now! I saw someone say something about delivery, does this one really deliver? I know the one in Winder didn't do that (unless they started in the last year since I moved away).

-chrisse7enGo to Top of Page

lookatme

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  2:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit lookatme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fatz is not all that great. who eats grits with shrimp...yuck! i was not impressed at all. we need something else in the community. our last waitress was not happy and rude and very unfriendly. yall need a new staff, hey better yet we need a new resturant.Go to Top of Page
William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  3:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am sure there are other items on the menu.On my several visits to Fatz,I didn't experience any unfriendly or rude waitreases,but just the opposite.Sometimes we are treated as we treat others.I don't know who we is.For the good of the present restaurant owners,the last business needed in Blairsville is anothe restaurant.WRJ

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  4:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shrimp and grits is an old traditional dish, you will see it on all menus in charleston, Savannah and New Orleans.

I ate at FATZ last night, had steak, party of 4 everything was good.People were friendly
Loved it!!!

ShucksGo to Top of Page

Woof

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  6:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Shucks.... I am from Savannah and now I will dream about shrimp in brown shrimp sauce with grits! Yum and burp

Woof doesn't do well with grease/fats. That was my only problem with crab cakes at Fatz. Nice atmosphere and friendly folks!

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  7:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fatz's crab cakes are delish! "yum and burp"

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  11:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The shrimp cakes rock and the grits too.  I can't eat too many of the grits, but the shrimp I try to eat at least 4 of them before surrendering them to my hubby to finish.  Jim is always on the floor talking to people and seeing to their needs.  He's a go-getter and always has been.

1/20/09 (amen, sista!)
G.O.P. (Grand Oil Party!)Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  12:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

fatz is not all that great. who eats grits with shrimp...yuck!

Shrimp and grits is a great Low Country dish.  Give it a try sometime.

Edited by - fawn on 07/19/2008 12:19:35 PMGo to Top of Page

BlueHydrangea

United States
61 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  6:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueHydrangea's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just got back from Charleston, and every place where we dined served the famous "shrimp and grits." So apparently, LOTS of people eat shrimp and grits!

Be the change you wish to see in the worldGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  7:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love cheese grits and shrimp.. :) Yum.. after reading on here.. I thought I would check and see how much shrimp cost at the grocery store.. (got me craving some with grits and tomato gravy and biscuits).. Looks like Ill just keep checkin back.lol! CHA CHING!

lalalovie

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  4:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit lalalovie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks like this thread has died off, but i thought i'd put in my 10 cents :)

I've eaten at Fatz about 5 or 6 times. Food is excellent every time, but about 3 times the service has just taken forever-- empty beverage glasses for most of the meal and quite a long time for the meals to come out. Depends on your waitress or waiter, I guess, and how well the kitchen staff can keep up.

One time though we had a group of about 10 people, several from out of town, and we showed up at Fatz. We were are willing to wait about 30-45 minutes for a table until they told us that it's against their policy to move tables together! So we left and went to Rib Country.

I think that's a really stupid policy, personally.Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  5:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's not their policy, but a fire hazard policy.  I think other places go against the code, but not sure.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just spoke to the folks at Fatz.  They will not be open for business on Christmas Day, but will be open til 9:30 Christmas Eve.

GrayEagle
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  08:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My son and I had supper at Fatz, between Christmas Eve Services.  I had a steak for the first time since I was there in January.  It was so much better this time!  All in all, the meal was very good, the service was excellent and all-in-all a very good experience.  And there was many customers enjoying their meals.

GrayEagle
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"

Edited by - GrayEagle on 12/31/2008 08:16:52 AMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy