New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Local Nursery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am coming to town specifically to do some landscaping arond my place. I was wondering where to go to find some natural, non-evasive plants for landscaping. I have never had any good results from Home Depot and I can't recall seeing any local places. Any help you folks could give me would be appreciated.

Almost there...

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  09:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in this info also.  Didn't jenetter's mother have a nursery somewhere?

GrayEagle
<)))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14

Edited by - GrayEagle on 05/06/2008 10:00:58 AMGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only nursery that I am familiar with is the Basket Barn (I think that is the name) out on 129S. I have gone with my SIL because that is where she buys all of her plants and flowers.  They have several greenhouses with plants as well as outdoor beds. She seems to be pleased because she keeps going back every year.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one Joy is describing is owned and operated by the Gibson family. Sorry but I cant remember the name of the place either.

Also one in Young Harris. My mom used to go there all the time and had good results. It's on the right just past the county line.

Ace Hardware also has a nice nursery.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am coming to town specifically to do some landscaping arond my place. I was wondering where to go to find some natural, non-evasive plants for landscaping. I have never had any good results from Home Depot and I can't recall seeing any local places. Any help you folks could give me would be appreciated.

Almost there...

Nelson's Ace Hardware has an excellent team in the nursery that can help you.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  12:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I haven't thought about ACE.  I really didn't realize that they had a nursery there.  We will have to check it out next month.

I'm still looking for some Sweet Shrub.  Anyone seen any in passing?

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  2:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace doesnt have near the selection as the one out in Young Harris. That's the one I'd recommend but then again that is JMO.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  2:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

We will have to try and get by there while up on this trip.  Thanks.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

Country

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

went to both Ace and the one out on the 4 lane in YH - both had good selections of healthy plants - very different plants at each one. The one on 129S is my favorite - just couldn't get down there the other day.

Welcome to the mountains... blend in or move onGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  01:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of people I know have gotten window boxes from the Basket Barn each year. They were absolutely beautiful.

I haven't been, even though I've passed it on the road.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions and comments. We will make a loop aorund the 3 mentioned spots and see what we can find to plant. I hope to be there before dark today !!!

Almost there...Go to Top of Page

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roberts Mountain Greenhouse on Lower Trackrock Gap Road, Lee and Robin Roberts are the owners and operators, is the only place around here I buy any landscape plants. Their prices are lower than anyone else's, and their product is better. My yard is covered with plants from them.

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  4:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Roberts Mountain Greenhouse on Lower Trackrock Gap Road, Lee and Robin Roberts are the owners and operators, is the only place around here I buy any landscape plants. Their prices are lower than anyone else's, and their product is better. My yard is covered with plants from them.

www.scottanna.com

It is nice nursery. I agree with good prices and nice customer service.

Go to Top of Page

Kaz

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  11:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out http://ClassyGroundcovers.com, they are based in Blairsville. Delivery is overnight and free, use discount code "blairsville" for 20% off.

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  4:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out Lewis Nursery off Hwy 75 in Hiawassee.Great Specimen plants and trees, wide variety. Plants are pricey though but in the long run, you get waht you pay for.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy