New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 15 visitors.
 All Forums
 Seen around our community
 Seen or unseen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  7:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's okay. Don't worry. It will never happen to you. This was only a test. I repeat, only a test. Relax and go back to sleep. I repeat, go back to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzz. Now, doesn't that feel better?

As long as you conform you'll feel okay. Don't rock the boat. The government is here to help you. Do not resist. I repeat, do not resist. It will only cause you anguish. Do as they say and everything will be fine.

The best thing to do is go back to sleep. Watch American Idol. This will occupy your mind and help you forget your rights therefore giving you a feeling of calm and complacency. Remember, everything is fine. Just do as you're told.

WARNING: Do not watch the video below! It may cause you to awaken and have (God forbid) original thoughts. Not to mention, most likely prepare you for eternal damnation. You have been warned!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=+mad+as+hell+Aaron+Russo&hl=en&sitesearch=

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=+mad+as+hell+Aaron+Russo&hl=en&sitesearch=

Until we change the way money works - we change nothing.

Edited by - mountainguy on 05/09/2008 8:25:53 PMGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  8:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you are not speeding or breaking the law in any way, why should you worry about seeing who's in the car?

You must have missed the posts about innocent people who were not speeding or breaking the law being charged or harrassed.

And if there is a real lawbreaker in the police car, why would anyone want to sanction the perfect hiding place for police brutality behind tinted windows?

Why would anyone want to be watched by an unseen person behind tinted windows? Do you like the idea of Big Brother watching you?

What's wrong with preferring to see a police car with clear windows watching over the town? That is direct and friendly contact with the community (the way it used to be), as opposed to a threatening invisible spy.

Taxpayers pay to support a police force. The police are here to serve us --- we don't exist to serve the police.

I have not heard one valid reason for the tinted windows yet.

I'm still waiting.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  10:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wildflower,I could not care less if the coppers had a dark or completely transparent windows.I only than of the job they do.Your's isn't the only valid opinion on the tinting of windows.The others, who aren't opposed the the windowns may object to your last sentence.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  3:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenkins,

Simply "not caring" about tinted windows isn't a reason for them to exist.

If some people just don't care about them, then they would not miss them if they were gone.

Right?

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  3:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wildflower,I think there are thousands of things more inportant than tinted windows in police automobiles,to be concerned with.Their having dark windows doesn't make the alarms sound in my brain.We don't live in a police state.In other words I am not parinoid or even suspicious of anything or anyone ,except george Bush and his gang of criminals.I have been treated similiarly as the Mountain chap,but my emotions were understanding and sympathetic. I am able to dissassociate the dark windows from police actions.They are employees of the taxpayers,but that doesn't mean they are slaves,unable to make decisions.I don't look for all the negatives or the dark sides of anything,exclusively.That is my personal feelings and I am certain they are as valid,as any other's,including yours.WRJ

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Americans Are Living (And Dying) In A Militarized Police State
Dave Gibson

Today, police departments across the United States more closely resemble an occupying army than they do public servants responding to calls for help. Police officers can now be seen wearing helmets and body armor and carrying AR-15's, just to deliver simple warrants. The militarization of our police departments not only gives the appearance of a military dictatorship but places the public at great risk.

No less than 70 percent of U.S. cities now have SWAT teams. In cities with a population of 50,000 or more, 90 percent have SWAT teams.

Eastern Kentucky University professor Peter Kraska told the Washington Post that SWAT teams are currently sent out 40,000 times a year in the U.S. During the 1980's, SWAT teams were only used 3,000 times a year. Most of the time, SWAT teams are being sent out to simply serve warrants on non-violent drug offenders.

Many municipalities are using Homeland Security grants to even purchase large armored vehicles. The Pittsburgh Police Department now uses their 20-ton armored truck complete with rotating turret and gun ports to deliver many of their warrants. Pittsburgh Police Sgt. Barry Budd recently told the Associate Press: "We live on being prepared for 'what if'."

Our police departments now regularly receive free surplus equipment from the U.S. military, which they readily accept. The training being given at many police academies appears to be the type of tactics one would use in Baghdad, rather than Baltimore. It would seem that our police officers are being readied for war, with the American public as the enemy. In the last several years, there has been a transformation from community policing to pre-emptive assaults

On January 24, 2006, Dr. Salvatore Culosi was shot and killed outside his house by a Fairfax County SWAT officer. Police used the SWAT team to serve a documents search warrant, after Dr. Culosi came under suspicion for taking sports bets. The investigation began after Fairfax Detective David Baucom solicited a bet with Dr. Culosi at a local sports bar.

Dr. Culosi was standing outside his home while talking with Det. Baucom, when SWAT Officer Deval Bullock quickly approached with his gun drawn and fatally shot Dr. Culosi in the chest. Court documents report that Culosi never made any threatening movements and made no attempt to run as he watched the SWAT team move in around him.

Dr. Culosi had no history of violence nor any criminal history whatsoever. He operated two successful optometry clinics at Wal-Marts in Manassas and Warrenton, Va. His parents have filed a $12 million lawsuit against the county of Fairfax, Va.

On the night of January 17, 2008, a police SWAT team surrounded Ryan Frederick´s home in Chesapeake, Va. The police were there to serve a drug warrant based on a tip from a criminal informant.

As usual, 28 year-old Ryan Frederick had gone to sleep early in order to leave the house before dawn for his job with a soda distributor. He awoke to a commotion of screams and the distinct sound of someone breaking down his front door.

Frederick´s house had been broken into a few days earlier, being a slight man of only a little over 100 pounds, Frederick feared for his safety. After the break-in, he purchased a gun.

Understandably frightened, Frederick grabbed his gun and when he got to the front of his house, he saw a man trying to crawl through the bottom portion of his door. Terrified that the intruders had returned, he fired.

The man he shot was not an aggressive burglar, nor a drug-crazed murderer, he was Det. Jarrod Shivers. The police detective and military veteran died almost immediately. Frederick was charged with first-degree murder and now sits in a jail cell awaiting trial.

As for the marijuana-growing operation for which police were looking, nothing was found. Only a very small amount of marijuana was discovered on the Frederick property, only enough to charge him with misdemeanor possession. Frederick has admitted that he uses marijuana occasionally but has never been involved with producing nor selling the drug.

Ryan Frederick has no prior history of violence, nor any criminal history whatsoever. He took care of his grandmother until her death two years ago, had a full-time job, and recently became engaged. In his spare time, he worked in his yard and tended to his Koi pond…Not quite the drug kingpin type!

However, based solely on the word of an informant, police obtained a warrant and stormed into this man´s house in the dark of night. The information turned out to be false, a police officer and father of three is dead, and a decent young man´s life is now over.

When Ryan Frederick awoke to the sounds of his home being invaded, he did what many of us would do. He acted reasonably when he grabbed his gun to defend himself and fired at a man who he believed was breaking into his home to do him harm.

Had the police simply went to his home during the daytime and knocked on his door, they could have questioned Frederick and found their information to be groundless. A little traditional police work could have saved the life of a police officer and the Shivers and Frederick families would have remained whole.

The Ryan Frederick story is truly frightening because this same scenario could play itself out in your home or mine. In the age of militarized police departments, we are all in danger.

Here are a few more recent victims of our militarized police departments:

Cheryl Lynn Noel, a mom who was shot by police for picking up her legally registered handgun. She went for her gun to defend herself after a SWAT team in the middle of the night, broke into her Baltimore, MD home. Police stormed her house that night because they claim to have found marijuana seeds in the family's trash can.

Rev. Acelyne Williams, 75 of Boston, died of a heart attack as a SWAT team broke into his home. Police actually had the wrong address.

92 year old Kathryn Johnston who was so fearful that she never left her home and would only open her door after friends who placed her groceries on the front porch had left, was killed by an Atlanta SWAT team last year. An erroneous tip from an informant was enough for the Atlanta Police Department to invade her home. Police have since admitted to lying to obtain a search warrant and to planting drugs in her home after killing her.

In 2006, a 52 member SWAT team stormed into a Denver home in search of a friendly small-stakes poker game. The same thing happened a few months later when SWAT and K-9 units barged in on a charity poker game in Baltimore.

When someone straps on body armor and large caliber weapons, their adrenalin levels begin to surge. As they arrive at the scene, those levels increase. When these now militarized police officers actually break into a dark home and begin shouting at terrified citizens, severe injury and death is likely to occur. It is beyond reason to employ these tactics on anyone other than hardened, violent criminals.

SWAT teams were created in the wake of the 1966 University of Texas sniper shooting spree by ex-marine Charles Whitman. Police did not have the firepower to reach Whitman, who was perched atop the 27-story clock tower. Civilians with hunting rifles came to the scene and joined with police in the effort to stop Whitman. Eventually, police officers and a well-armed citizen scaled the stairs of the tower and killed Whitman, but not before he killed 17 people and injured another 31. As a result of the incident, police departments began to assemble small teams of highly trained officers with equipment specific to sniper shootings, hostage situations, bank robberies, etc.

SWAT teams were designed to deal with very violent individuals who represent a clear and present threat to the public. However, they are now being used to execute warrants on non-violent offenders and even those who have no prior criminal history at all. Turning our neighborhood cops into shock troops will do nothing but erode public confidence in the police and endanger the lives of innocent Americans.

Recently, Boston´s new police commissioner William Fitchet announced that the department´s Street Crimes Unit will begin wearing military-style black uniforms, to instill a sense of "fear." At last week´s city council meeting, police Sgt. John Delaney told council members that the black uniforms would send the message that officers were serious.

Did someone declare martial law?

The mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open.Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mountain Guy,just what are we supposed to do,just firm a very negative opinion of the swat teams or relegate them to nothingness or less,or can we realize that they are only a reflection of today's
society.Let's not blame law enforcement for the action they have to preform ,but the lawlessness of our society.WRJ

Mr. Union County

United States
12 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. Union County's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I look at it like this. Our law enforcement acts in the best interest of the public. Yes they may do things that we don't agree with or that we think is completely stupid but they are doing what they think is best for the people. They could be put in the situation to risk there life in order to save yours... and they wouldn't think twice about it. So let's give them all a little respect and quit bashing them and there decisions.
Kind Regards,
Mr. Union CountyGo to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Mr. Union County! Good post.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  11:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couple Arrested in Balimore for Asking for Directions:

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=30499&siteSection=1

Tales of police brutality are going up. You can also view endless videos online where brutality is caught on tape.

And have you watched the tapes of people being tasered for no reason? There are too many of them.

I recently saw a video where a woman was stopped on the road for no reason, and arrested because she said she had the right to know if she was being charged with something and did not have to give her I.D.

She was charged with disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer, even though the tape clearly shows neither happened. The officers seemed not to be familiar with her rights as a citizen!

Then the police started combing through her reading material in the car to see if they could find anything against her. All caught on tape.

Things seem to be changing for the worse, so the dark tinted windows are cause for concern. It's a slippery slope to a police state.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7951.htm

http://www.scp-inc.org/publications/journals/J2704/

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  11:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the future, cops can disable your car.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/071010-onstar-police.html

My concerns are with what is happening nationwide. We are giving up more and more control over our own lives. There are more and more stories on cops stopping people for no reason.

"Papers! Do you have your papers?!!" . . . just like in that old Nazi movie.

Even if the local cops are angels, I am still concerned with where we are going as a country.

Remember Officer Friendly? He used to go to elementary schools and talk face-to-face with the children. It seems Officer Friendly is truly dead.

R.I.P.

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the internet and 24 hour news coverage that dwells on the negative/bad things going on in the country and the whole world has led to some paranoid feelings and has swayed opinions on lots of things; and it certainly has an affect on people when they see authority figures misusing their power. I think it would be better to post or report on some of the things that police officers do in the line of duty that are out of the ordinary in a good way, but that is unsensational news and gets no air time. I am sure good and honest police work happens 10,000 times more often than the ones that abuse their uniform and position.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Almost there...Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If bush had his way we would already live in a police state,but we are no where near that.People who choose to become law enforcers are no different than anyone else,when they begin their career.After seeing all the low life scum they have to deal with they become insensative to them,that's only human.The problem is the lawlessness and not law enforcers.WRJ

mountainguy

USA
2247 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  5:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let me be crystal clear, I don't blame the police in total. The orders come from the top down and are a direct reflection of the current administration's attitude toward civilians. Notice I said civilian not citizen.

Anyone who has read the Patriot Act or Military Commissions Act would know that these are attempts to rip apart the Bill of Rights.

Our government funds a majority of these programs like SWAT etc... Much of which emanates from military training where most cops come from. Many of them bring that mentality back home, not to mention, PTSD. I blame the Govt. more than anyone. No one should have to do 2,3,4, and 5 tours in the Middle East. It's insane!

Like I always say, I will support the troops until the cows come home, however, I will not support a corrupt government who put them there under false pretenses and insists upon training them to take away our Constitutional rights.

I just wish our "public servants" would act the part and respect our God-given rights.

I am a "citizen" of this great country we call America and I have rights given to me by the Creator. I am not someone's "civilian" to be ordered about.

End of conversation. That's the last for me on the subject.

I am not

The mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open.Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  7:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,

With all due respect . . . having legitimate concerns based on evidence does not equal "paranoid."

I am not to blame for the decades of corruption in Towns County's past. MG is not to blame for what cops have done to him in the past. These are not fantasies.

I think both of us are merely reporting it. I'll have to leave "sweeping it under the rug" for others to do.

Bob_Hill

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  7:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WF, I was not calling you or MG paranoid, sorry if it sounded like that. The statement I made, and stand by, is a generalization. I am sure there are instances where police are totally in the wrong and I think that is a bad thing. My point is that there are a greater amount who protect and serve than those who are doing wrong. I do not mean to minimize the experience of you, mountainguy, or anyone else who has been put through the wringer by a bad cop.

Almost there...

Edited by - Bob_Hill on 05/13/2008 7:55:34 PMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy