New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 Area Automobile Accidents Astound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  6:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alliteration aside, it wasn't a good day for traffic around Blairsville today. Or better put, it was a day for backed up traffic in Blairsville today.

A truck earlier this afternoon had the two passenger side wheels hanging off the edge of the steep dropoff on Jackson Street next to the Blairsville Animal Hospital (south side of town on 129) . Law enforcement directed and held traffic while a tow truck lifted the side hanging in the air enough to get the wheels on the other side traction with the ground so it could pull forward and back to four-wheels-on-the-ground status.

Another more serious accident with injuries occurred in front of the Appalachian Community Bank, with multiple cars hit, a truck on its roof over by the Dominoes Pizza place, and a Life-flight helicopter.

It was a good reminder (besides the one MAC gave me recently) to drive a little slower and arrive safely to my intended destinations.

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  09:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr.Bill,Florida,a few years back had this slogan,arrive alive,which is similiar to your last paragraph.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  07:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder why no one in town has a clue what happened in that Appalachian Community Bank accident? I can't get a story out of anyone.

I saw them being taken up by helicopter.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry, rumor has it that that lady had been having seizures for a couple of weeks and may have had yet another one while driving that day. She was air lifted as a result of internal bleeding.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy