New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 Union County Prom Awareness 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  7:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got this link from YouTube, watched it and almost cried because it is something we hear about all the time.

GrayEagle
<)))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14

Edited by - GrayEagle on 04/17/2008 7:44:03 PM

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  8:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It was a great awareness to the kids.  I hope they do what they did yesterday every year. 

from yesterday..."I had some appointments early on, but this afternoon I went to the "Arrive Alive" demo at the football field. WHAT an intense scene for the high school students. Since it's prom weekend, they wanted to show the dangers of drinking & driving. My good friends daughter was one of the girls that was cut out of the car by EMS & then life flighted to the hospital, only to be D.O.A. (all pretend) They had a mock funeral too, which was very touching when her voice was reading a poem. Her little sister was so upset, & it was all very moving. I hope they do this next year, I will check my daughter out of school for the event.
One of the firemen said that they did it a few years ago and parents got upset by it because it was "too real" for their child to witness. Better in a mock scene, then a real one."

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  9:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish every kid (and adult) could see this video.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
http://reigndownusa.com/Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  9:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm crying!! Everyone needs to see this!Go to Top of Page
xy

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  06:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wish every kid (and adult) could see this video.

Exactly!

Adults who buy the alcohol for the kids definitely need to see this.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  10:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree 100% xy!!!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

HSTEACH

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of our seniors created and directed this film. It was her idea, something she wanted to do. What a wonderful gift to her classmates! all work, technical and creative, was done by UCHS students, with cooperation from our rescue crews and GSP.

Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's a wonderful video and I commend the students who particapted! I hope it will save some lives and make the students, and all who watch, think before they get behind the wheel of a car under the influence. Also, like previously said, I hope adults watch this too and think before they buy or let any one underage participate in such activities! It's a powerful video! Thank you Seniors of UCHS!! Bravo for your work and efforts!!

Oh, and to the girl who was put in a body bag, WOW, that really got to me! Powerful! Tears, sniffle, sniffle

Edited by - moon&stars on 04/18/2008 8:28:35 PMGo to Top of Page

blondie

United States
75 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  10:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit blondie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I knew that this type of program was presented elsewhere, I think that it is just wonderful. I am so happy to see that our county has decided to participate in this event. Our youth is no different than we were, invincible, or so they think. Their youth and lack of experience prohibit them from fully understanding the consequences of drinking or using drugs while driving. As for the adults that provide these illegal substances to teens, they should be arrested and sentenced to the max. Do we still have the chain gang? (No not the football chain gang) Actually I think that the chain gang is to good for these people. Hopefully prom will be a happy uneventful time for all. Let's pray a hedge around our youth so that satan will not be able to harm them.

Thank You Gray Eagle for posting this.

John 3:16Go to Top of Page

honey520

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  12:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit honey520's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MY GRANDDAUGHTER PRODUCED THIS VIDEO AND I AM SO PROUD OF HER. I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO SPREADS THIS VIDEO TO OTHERS AND IF JUST ONE PERSON CHANGES THEIR MIND ABOUT DRIVING AND DRINKING OR GETTING INTO A VEHICLE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS DRINKING, ALL THE DEDICATION PUT INTO THIS VIDEO WILL BE A BLESSING.

honey520Go to Top of Page

xy

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  2:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

MY GRANDDAUGHTER PRODUCED THIS VIDEO AND I AM SO PROUD OF HER.
honey520

Perhaps someone can follow their example and make a similar one regarding Spring Break.

Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  12:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful night at the Prom. I drove thru town last night and saw some beautiful girls and handsome boys all dressed up and ready to go! I'm sure it was a great time for all!Go to Top of Page
spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  1:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know why the prom is held at the tech college and not Brasstown? It seems like the kids deserve to have it somewhere nicer than the hallway of the college now that there are the facilities in the area.

Go to Top of Page

HSTEACH

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  5:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prom has been held at Brasstown in the past. First of all, it is expensive. Also, it is usually totally booked. The Tech. school building is actually much newer and actually just as nice. They rental fee is minimal. If you've never been in there during one of the formal dances, it is gorgeous. It is in the culinary arts facilities / dining/ meeting room, which is quite large. Part of the walls are glass, displaying a gorgeous view of the mountains. Plus, it's right here in Blairsville, where we (law officers, etc.) can keep closer tabs on them. Overall, it's just a better idea to have it here in town. When I was in high school, the prom was held in the gymnasium!

Go to Top of Page

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
North GA Tech is very nice when decorated, but I think it would be nicer at the resort, I think it feels like someplace special and money seems not to be an issue with the kids, with what they spend on dresses, hair extensions that match their outfits, nails, flowers and tuxes etc, I think the kids would spend more money on a prom ticket to go someplace special. But on the flipside, I agree it is a worry about being further from town, even after viewing the prom youtube several were still arrested for alcohol the other night so being in town is better if they are drinking and driving.

Go to Top of Page

xy

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  10:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

North GA Tech is very nice when decorated

I was at North Ga Tech for a dinner and big band music once, and I thought it was a great setting.

Go to Top of Page

amberlyn2008

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  3:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit amberlyn2008's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I appreciate all the kind comments and responses to this video. It is incredible to know that all my hard work and dedication has paid off, i hope the message is continuously spread. Im proud of the class of 2008, we have really left our mark and set an amazing example for the underclassmen.

Go to Top of Page

HSTEACH

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  3:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm proud of you, too, Amber! Of all of you!

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  2:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great video AmberLynn! This video hits home to me so many times. I pray that teenagers will really consider what they choose to do...everyone seems to think it can't & won't happen to them, but we see over and over that it does!

Go to Top of Page

dare2dream

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  7:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit dare2dream's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am so proud of the girls and guys who made this video...I have a daughter in high school and she will attend the prom next year, she has already made her commitment to not drink and drive. Thank you class of 2008 for doing this, that shows me that we do have some great and responsible kids out there soon to be making their way in life.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy