New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 News Observer warns about dangers of choking game
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  1:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As we also did here back in January, the News Observer is warning parents of Fannin County about the potentially deadly activity middle schoolers and early teens play called the choking game.

If you have children in this age range, it's prudent to have a discussion with them about this game before they get exposed to it so that they can view it in the proper safety context.

You can read the full article here: http://www.thenewsobserver.com/articles/2008/03/28/news/news01.txt

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  11:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright i had no problem with the birds and the bees talk, although I have only had to have it wit 1 of the 3 so far, but this game.....

Somebody wiser then me or that has brought this up to their child tell me how. I am scared I will explain it and give them an idea to share with their friends. Please help, I do not want to be a parent saying I should have talked to them....

A strong fish goes against the flow.
Go to Top of Page

xy

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  11:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this will help:

www.connectwithkids.com/tipsheet/2005/235_jun29/choke.html - 26k -Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  11:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evolution at work. I do not recall kids being this dumb when I was young.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy