New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 16 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 High School Yearbook 07-08 and Inflation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  11:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was searching thru the Union County Schools Website and clicked on the High School. I noticed their yearbooks are on sale. Well, talk about inflation!! The yearbooks are $65.00!!!!!!!! When did this happen?? A yearbook that costs that much? Is it gold plated?? I know i'm old, but it seems my kids were there only a few years ago and they were around $25.00. I guess i'm just in shock! Who can afford such?? This is copied from their website:

YEARBOOKS
On Sale Now!
Monday 3/24 through Friday 3/28
Cafeteria During Lunch
Cost is $65.00

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is not as much inflantion as it is the growth in the school. More students mean more money. My senior yearbook in 1993 cost $125, I went to a very large school.

A strong fish goes against the flow.
Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  10:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's alot of $$$. The yearbooks at the middle school were $28.00 this year. And then seeing the high school at $65.00 was a shock. Oh well, I guess the memories are worth the $$.Go to Top of Page
2CedarsChick

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  12:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughters middle school yearbook is 30.00 this year, and last year my son's yearbook was presale 55.00 and after that 65.00. My son was on the yearbook committee and they all had to sell ads and pages to parents. I took an ad and bought a half page b & w which cost me over 100.00, but it ended up being in color 'cause I had a connection (lol). Back in the stone age my high school yearbook cost 30 or 35 dollars.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy