New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 School bus accident
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  4:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Details are sketchy, but two busses were involved in an accident when one bus rear-ended another with enough force to break windows, after leaving the high school and headed towards the highway. One bus ended up also hitting the guard rail.

Witnesses saw several of the children crying. Approximately 50 children were on one bus and approximately 25 on the other. The children are being taken to a school lunchroom for the parents to be contacted to pick them up.

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  5:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kids were brought to the hospital cafeteria to be picked up. We just got back in, from picking up the boys. They are ok, but a bit shaken up and cried when they saw me and hugged me so tight! That was very scary. I hope everyone else is ok.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to hear your boys are o.k. HBC! Hope everyone else is!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  6:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HBC, PTL that your lil ones are all ok.  However, this will be a bus ride they will long remember!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

2CedarsChick

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  6:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HBC, xo to the boys and you, what a scary way to end the day!

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  7:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Cubby! Sorry to hear the boys were so frightened, but PTL they are fine! I hope all the other kids are as well. Scary!

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  8:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was there anyone else's children from this forum on the bus?  How about Cherry's son?

GrayEagle
America:

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  9:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about others, but the boys did say Cherry's son wasn't on the bus today. They are friends with him, and often sit togehter (exchange baseball cards, etc.), so I'm pretty sure their account is accurate. I was looking when we got to the hospital, and I asked the boys.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  9:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is another PTL then.  Do you know if any of the children were seriously injured?

GrayEagle
America:

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  9:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were told that they weren't, that some needed to be checked out. I don't know the whole story, though, 'cause the boys told me one girl was on a stretcher and she had cut her head...so I don't know the details.

Go to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  9:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll tell you what, these moments put things in perspective...my oldest and me were butting heads last night, and he went to bed mad at me and not wanting to give me hugs...which is not usual. Well, when we arrived at the hospital, he saw me, ran to me and he hugged me so tight and started crying. Well, he said one of the teenagers on the bus let him use their cell phone to call us...and we didn't answer. (Well, sure, we were already on our way to the hospital as the school had already called us). Anyways, when getting home, I listened to the message, and it's really sweet. On it, he told me where they were and said "mommy, please pick up the phone, please." Then, tonight he said "mommy, I was worried that you'd be worried sick to death and wouldn't know where we are or how to get us." Poor kid...

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  06:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

HBC, that brings tears to my old eyes.  Thank you for sharing with your family here.

BTW, haven't seen HoneyBear around lately.  Is she alright?

GrayEagle
America:

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  07:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, she's been super busy. We miss them so much, and if all goes well, we are hoping they will be here in a couple of weeks to visit!

Edited by - honeybear cubs on 03/20/2008 07:44:33 AMGo to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  09:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the kid grapevine.

In brief:
At the red light below the school, someone was up on the bus, the driver looked up, a car pulled out in front of him, he saw it, swerved to miss the car and hit another bus causing a chain reaction.

How much is fact and how much is fiction, I don't know.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  8:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend called me yesterday to ask if I'd heard anything about the wreck because the hair cut place she was at said that it was 5 buses involved in the accident!  It's terrible that it was only 2, but 5?! 

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy