New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  12:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The National Weather Service has issued severe thunderstorm warning until 1:00pm for Union, Fannin, and Gilmer county capable of producing penny-sized hail and destructive winds up to 70mph, with UC being at the head of the storm. Short-lived tornadoes are possible in these conditions. A tornado watch has been issued until 7:00pm.

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A tree has been reported across the road over Nottely Dam Road and White Dove Lane (across from Lance Mountain Rd)

Update: several trees in that area have been reported down. Please use extra caution if you have cause to be out driving in this weather.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  2:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been watching the news and not hearing, are we still under warnings or anything. Mr. Bill thank you for the updates.

A strong fish goes against the flow.
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm usually not freaked out by storms, BUT when you're driving right in it, I tend to get a little freaked!
Hubby thought it would be a wonderful idea to get out of b'ville & go to Mall of Ga. WELL, I turned the radio on 550 am & they were saying, "if you're in the area of Lake Lanier, Cumming, Gainesville, Lula...seek shelter now"! HELLO!!! I was trying not to drive that fast, but I did! I told my husband that we were pulling under the bridge if I saw the first sign of hail. We didn't. I also didn't want to freak the girls out, but when the clouds were moving VERY fast to the NE, I started getting very nervous. Then, right before the buford exit, the sky just opened up to blue skies! Ahhhh, Hubby said, "girls, Mommy needs a drink!" LOL
I said, Heck, I need a new car"!!

*****Y'all be safe!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Go to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  3:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, Maddy, tell them to pour me a drink, too! I've been back and forth on the cell phones, with my cousins...they live in Cumming, in Forsyth County...in the Cole Mountain Area. It has been a nerve racking time. They were in the basement, and without power, with their little girl, their baby and their dog. I was their eyes and ears. They are ok, thank God. We also have a friend, in Canton, and they are "ok", too. Everyone's nerves are shot! I'm glad you are home safe now, Maddy and family! Sure hope no one else is out on these roads!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  3:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The National Weather Service has issued severe thunderstorm warning until 4:00pm for southern Union, southeastern Fannin, and north central Lumpkin county capable of producing golf ball-sized hail, destructive winds up to 60mph, and deadly cloud to ground lightning, with Vogel State Park being referenced specifically. The NWS has cautioned that this is a dangerous storm and people outside should seek shelter, preferably inside a strong building and away from windows.

NWS has also alerted authorities that large hail is moving into Union County from the west direction within the next 15 minutes.

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  3:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The National Weather Service has issued severe thunderstorm warning until 4:15pm for northeastern Union, and northern Towns county capable of producing quarter-sized hail and damaging winds up to 60mph, located west of Young Harris and moving northeast at 50mph.

The NWS has cautioned that this is a dangerous storm and people outside should seek shelter, preferably inside a strong building and away from windows.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy