New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 3 visitors.

All Forums
 Employment Center
 Work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  11:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having a hard time getting a Job?? I have looked everywhere looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get a Job??

~*~Do everything you can In life to make you happy~*~

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  05:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I''ll keep my eyes open for you Elzabeth. It's a tough time for everyone right now, even with my experience it took me a very, very long time to find work. I'm wishing you tons of luck, the right thing will come along, I know it will.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2008 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, it might be helpful if you posted something about what kind of work you are looking for.  I realize you may be interested in anything at this point, but some specifics might be helpful.

We'll keep praying for you.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  10:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back.. I am really trying to find something in the medical field. Since I start college april 3 to be a nurse. But then if I can't find anything with that I will do anything. I have done just about everything from working in a High Paced office to working on a dairy farm. And I am a fast learner also. So please let me know of anything you know of.

~*~Do everything you can In life to make you happy~*~Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  11:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you luck! I have a very decent resume and education. About the only job I could find was fast food, I declined. Lucky for me I made enough when I lived in a place with jobs to be OK for a good long while. Wife experienced the same thing and is literaly making 1/4 of what she would be earning in Atlanta and lucky to have it. College will not help you here unless it is in the health field. We feel like priests who took a vow of poverty to live here. LOL! But it is our choice and if we wanted to chase money we would not be here.

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  12:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I know!! Some people are saying it will be close to 2010 befor Blairsville will ever pick up.. And Thats why I chose the nursing field because that is something that will always be here. And the pay isn't that bad either for Blairsville.

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  2:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have tried working with hospice or home health?
I also thought the nursing home was hiring.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  2:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dol.state.ga.us/js/job_info_system.htm

Online link to jobs in Blairsville/Blue Ridge

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've applied to most of those jobs.. Just waiting to hear something...

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  4:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Souther Home Care serves Fannin, Union, and Town's. They are always hiring. I worked for them for approx 2 years. It's worth a try.

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

yankeedoodle

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  5:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth as a professional in the health care profession for some years I would like to give you some advice. Dont just fill out an application, insist on meeting a person face to face with your resume and application. remember that name and after a few more days call and ask to speak with that person to se how things are going, if necessary go back to the facility and ask to speak with that person to see how your resume review is going. I have never in my life been refused a job offer because i have showed interest, persistance and a willingness to do anything while searching for a job and once i have gotten the job i have kept the same attitude. Go to the college you are going to attend and ask them if they also can give you direction. NGTC has an online site where you/student can go and look for jobs.Good Luck

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  6:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yankee, that is  good advice for almost any profession.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy