New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 scrapbookers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Krister182

United States
16 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  5:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Krister182's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just moved here and I was wondering if there are any scrapbookers out there? Are there any groups where people meet to crop?
Kris
Laurel

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  7:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kris,

I've often wished I was better at it than I am! I really like it! I like paper crafts of all types. I don't know of a place to crop - the office supply store in town used to sell scrapbooking supplies but they had them all on clearance last time I was there to buy some. Now I buy mine at Dollar General or make my own stuff. I've had several customers express an interest in opening a scrapbooking store but once they heard we were getting a Walmart decided against it. I guess Walmart might sell supplies - I'm not sure - I never go in there.

Bear Pages in Murphy is a great stamping store and I buy a lot of things there.

If there is enough interest maybe we could arrange a place to meet and crop? Do you have experience in meeting if it's not at a scrapbooking store?

Laurel
Rountree's Furniture & DecorGo to Top of Page

Krister182

United States
16 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  08:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Krister182's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Laurel,

I have been to crops at several places. Some are just held in the homes of a group of girls together to scrap. Others were at the scrap store and my favorite was one at the church I used to attend in Tucson. It was a scrapbooking life group and one Friday night a month we cropped at the church together. It was quite large and many ladies from other churches attended as well and several of us brought friends in who weren't affiliated with a church at all. It was a nice mix of people.

Even with a Walmart I would still see a good market for a scrapping store if there are enough scrapbookers here in the area. Walmart is very limited in supplies and options, especially in the paper/sticker/embellishment selection.

I'd love to find a group or help organize one if we find enough interest. Thanks for the reply.
KrisGo to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  2:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kris, I know it was very big in Marietta but I don't know of anyone here who's into it.  Maybe it's because there were so many stores down there.  Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Butterfly

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  07:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to go with my aunt to a crop at Faith Baptist, but that was many years ago. I also went to a creative memories reps house to crop, also several years ago. There are a lot of scrapbookers here, just have to keep asking around at the churches and see if any crops are happening. I choose to do all mine here at home. Good luck.

"Don't let other people tell you what you want." - Pat RileyGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  6:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sure can make pretty cards and envelopes Flutterby! I know.. I have one.. :) I tried.. got the stuffs and all.. started.. got addicted but had to set it aside.. after a while, I gave all of my stuff to Pauline to do and shes used it all by now I am sure cause she LOVES to send cards always.. I am glad... its fun for her too and she sure enjoys..

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  7:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Inquiring minds want to know more about these scrapbooks and just what is ment by croping,is it something like share croping?WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Butterfly

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  08:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WRJ, you get all of your pictures together that you want to put on a particular page, grab your scissors and other tools and papers and take your page and you meet a group of others and work on your scrapbook page in a group setting. Sometimes paper and embellishments are supplied, sometimes you bring all your stuff, but basically it is the group setting of making your page at a large place where tables are set up for scrapbooking and you are able to pick up tips and ideas from others and have a great time socializing. I like going to card classes which is the same without the pics, but at this we actually learn different techniques of making cards. Most crops and these card classes have a minimal cover charge for supplies.

"Don't let other people tell you what you want." - Pat RileyGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  08:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This might provide some additional insight on Scrapbooking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapbooking

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  08:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to you both.I do have scrapbooks of my military career and our son's highschool and college patricipation in sports.It was done in the privacy of our home.Seems as if the scrapbooking has evolved to a business.The word croping,in this usage must mean to gather.WRJ

blondie

United States
75 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  11:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit blondie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Croping means to cut. We have all sorts of cool scissors and edgers (not for hedges) to make pretty corners on the pictures and backgrounds. WRJ you should try scrapbooking it's fun. However, you may have to take a second job if you really get into it.

John 3:16Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blondie,Your Appalachian English must have flew the coup.I know what the crop means,but in the regular english it has more than one definition.This cropping stuff seems to be something that would attract women.I never visualized me cutting paper dolls,so I ain't no cropper.Some of the other men on the forum,I am sure,would enjoy this type art.Such as the Shadowman,for starters.WRJ

ShadowMan

USA
4157 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  12:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do crop, and quite frequently, as does any photographer. We used to crop pictures in the darkroom, adjusting the enlarger and focusing the image onto the paper after resizing it and cutting or cropping out extraneous elements.

These days the images are digital, and cropping is done on the PC to get a picture "just so".

My wife scrapbooks and has done well with taking fairly static family memories and creating fresh and vibrant pages for the scrapbook. She does the cropping for that all on her own, however.

Shadow
ShadowGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As for this cropping,it's more widespread than I thunk.Maybe I have spent to much time sleeping under a rock.WRJ

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy