New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 New Website for School
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Joy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  10:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went looking for the the date of the first day of school for next year, and found out that the school system has changed their website.

What do you think?

http://www.ucschools.org/

But, I still couldn't find next year's calendar. :-/

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  10:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if they've decided on the calendar for next year yet.

I do like the layout of this site. It's "new" looking and not so cheap looking now!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Go to Top of Page

FUNNYGIRL

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  9:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit FUNNYGIRL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the new site as well. I recently went on to check dates myself to coordinate vacations from the middle school at woody gap with my older children in college. It does look more professional.

NANCY S.Go to Top of Page

FUNNYGIRL

United States
14 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  9:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit FUNNYGIRL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the new site as well. I recently went on to check dates myself to coordinate vacations from the middle school at woody gap with my older children in college. It does look more professional.

NANCY S.Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  10:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well the new site for me isn't that great. I always go to the website to get the schools phone numbers when i'm at work. I went there today and couldn't find a phone number for ANY of the schools. The only number listed was the Board of Ed. phone number. SO, i called them and they did give me the Middle School phone number I was looking for. I have grandkids in Primary, 5th and 6th Academy, Middle and High School. I found that it's odd that no phone numbers are listed. Also, the Athletics programs at the high school are not listed. I couldn't find the baseball schedule to find out what times the games are. Maybe they will improve on these things!

Edited by - moon&stars on 03/05/2008 10:33:08 PMGo to Top of Page

Butterfly

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  8:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M & S, the school phone numbers are under the School Contact Information in red. Each school is listed along with the phone numbers.

"Don't let other people tell you what you want." - Pat RileyGo to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  9:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I am old. I still can't find the phone numbers, the only thing I see in red when I bring up each school is: Photo Gallery, teach web pages, after school, faculty and staff, etc. The high school is the only one that I see numbers listed and they aren't in red.

HELP ME!!Go to Top of Page

Butterfly

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  9:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, if you see where it says Welcome, School Board, District Info., Contact Us and Parents Powerschool across the top, then go down from that and in red you will see Home, About Us, Calendar, Search, and School Cantact Info.
The last one is the one you want to click on.
See if that works.

"Don't let other people tell you what you want." - Pat RileyGo to Top of Page

unioncogal

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  9:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit unioncogal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The calendar for this year and next school year is clearly visible on the right side of the website. Click on the year you want and it opens in pdf form.

I think the website is very clear and easy to use. Good job to who ever put it together.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy