New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 13 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Area News
 Anybody know?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  7:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love on the State Line off of John Smith, as does my MIL. She just called and told us somebody got robbed, but about 5 teens, and a couple are still loose and armed. We have loaded the guns, there has been sherrif cars in the area, but I have no other information. We just now turned on the scanner, is this true does anybody know? Comforting!

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Betsy, you are not that far from several of us on this forum. Please keep us informed. I've heard nothing. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Laurel

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes - sounds like my backyard too - told my DH to get the guns loaded!

Laurel
Rountree's Furniture & DecorGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Betsy, we are neighbors then! Oh my...I just told hubby to NOT answer any doors! Any news yet on this? I will never sleep now!

Go to Top of Page

Joy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was it the gas station that got robbed or a home?

What store got robbed last Friday?

This is getting scary.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  8:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Friday was Builders First in town according to Coosa. Gary was there when it happened.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We all live Tate and John Smith area, the robbery was on East Culberson Rd, there is still 2 running around in the woods, lovely.... We are hearing this from Kev's aunt and Uncle up the road, they are elderly and could have facts wrong, sorry if they do. If you leave your keys in your cars like us, get them out.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Was it the gas station that got robbed or a home?

What store got robbed last Friday?

This is getting scary.

It was a house tonight, I would post the name, but not sure if the person would appreciate that, but he lives on East Culberson rd.

Go to Top of Page

Laurel

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good grief - now we're really talking practically in my backyard - they better stay off my land if they know what's best!

Laurel
Rountree's Furniture & DecorGo to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Betsy. Guess I'll stay up for a few hours more. Never leave your keys in the car. We have had thousands of dollars worth of lumber and other items taken from our job sites in this area. Now we finish the garage first and get the doors on before storing anything in this area.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My MIL heard they are teens, hear is what gets me...... If one broke into my home and I shot him, for the rest of my life I had to live with the fact that I killed a KID! Yes, they should not be doing this, but do they not know the consequences? Come on we live in a 2 red light county, surely they know we will arm our homes.

Please guys if I have facts wrong, do not get mad at me, I am just repeating the phone calls we get.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks so much Betsy. Guess I'll stay up for a few hours more. Never leave your keys in the car. We have had thousands of dollars worth of lumber and other items taken from our job sites in this area. Now we finish the garage first and get the doors on before storing anything in this area.

I am learning that even in this neck of the woods we are not exempt from crime, this stinks.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the crime has everything to do with the drug problem, but sometimes I wonder how many cabins have been built with some of our missing materials.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Most of the crime has everything to do with the drug problem, but sometimes I wonder how many cabins have been built with some of our missing materials.

That stinks, I would even be more mad if it was another builder taking food off my family's table. Way off topic, but somebody stole ALL Justin Gaines's fathers roofing tools after Justin went missing. The nerve.... The bad thing is they had no idea when they went missing because they did not work for so long. People are so senseless.
Alright everytime my dogs make a nose I am all ears.

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My husband thinks the area is clear because he saw 2 cop cars heading towards teh Murphy hwy on Tate, if they were still looking for them I do not think they would be heading that way, bu tI could be wrong.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please stay safe. I hope you have been target practicing lately!

Go to Top of Page

2CedarsChick

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  9:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is really scary to hear! It makes me really nervous to know that I'm not there to protect my stuff. I can't tell hubby, cause he will remind me that this is why he wanted property only! I'm just glad that I have people that constantly checking on it for us. Only 25 more days!!!

Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well if it was anything big,they sure kept it quite. Did anybody ever hear anything about it?

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy