New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 Union County school busses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  08:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you read all the forum post you will see a plethora of posters outling problems in Union County. These are the same everywhere.

The biggest and most serious problem facing UC is the transporting of primary and elementary children on the same busses with middle and high school students.

Mark my word there will be an assault, sexual molestation or sexual assult on one of the children as a result of this " insidious"system of transporting kids of all ages like cattle.

I have seen multiple situations like this and the financial loss to the county and school system is staggering. There is really no defense when this happens.

Through numerous emails to the school board and unanswered phone calls, I assume they just prefer to stick their heads in the sand and pretend it is not a problem or will not happen in Union. Yes, it can happen here and regretably, probably will.

Shucks

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  09:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shucks, I agree with you on the bus situation here. My kids don't ride it for that reason. I don't want my 6 yr old on the same bus with middle & high school students. They learn the foul language early on & I've heard too many stories of what some of those kids do with each other in the back of the bus. But, you have lots of parents out there that depend on this transporation. Do you double up on buses on the roads & seperate the students? Waste of gas right there.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  10:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The school buses for my kid's was like continuing education. They learned new vocabulary words, how to do math with their middle finger and all about where babies come from and how they got there.

However, the bus was our only mode of transportation for them at the time.

We always had good bus drivers like Billy Poteete and Kevin Garrett. A good driver can have a good bus. The smaller kids were made to stay up front and the bigger kids stayed in the back. You don't have to sit in the backof the bus and that is where a lot of problems begin.

Our drivers knew that our work hours were different than school hours and they always made sure everyone was in the house before they drove off. If a strange car was in the driveway they wouldn't let them off until the person identified themselves and they made sure the boy's knew them and why they were there.

HOWEVER: The accountability should be with the parents. I have issues with bus drivers and school teachers having to be baby-sitters instead of being able to do their jobs. If parents would deal with their "precious angels" then the school board wouldn't have those issues.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This subject reminds me of something that happened back in the 60's.  I had very long hair and it was often in a ponytail.  A boy in the seat behind me cut out a huge section of my hair with very sharp sissors.  Well, I turned around and scratched the heck out of his face and that evening his Mommy called to complain about the scratches.  She got an earful.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  1:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Shucks, the bus situation is terrible. My kids learn more from riding a bus in one day than they do at school all week and it's not the kind of stuff you want them to be learning! But, what do we do about it?

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy