New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 18 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 Union County Baseball
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our baseball team had a big win on Monday night at Meeks Park to start off the new season. Our boys beat SE Whitfield from the Dalton area 3 - 2 with a big walk-off home run by senior Cody Adams in the bottom of the ELEVENTH inning.

Good job guys, keep it up!

Edited by - PantherNation on 03/01/2008 3:20:41 PM

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  9:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Done! 

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.Go to Top of Page

halfnut

88 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  12:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great job.

Go to Top of Page

PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  3:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The boys won again Saturday 14 - 0 vs. Robbinsville!Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  3:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very Good!!

GrayEagle
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  3:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news! I LOVE BASEBALL!!!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  9:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We dropped a game tonight to Gilmer County 7 - 1. Tough one but we'll bounce back! We open up region play against Rabun on Monday!Go to Top of Page
moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  10:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I watched one of the games and some of the boys don't play. I was surpised to see some of the players sit on the bench. Some of them I have watched in little league games and they were good enough for All-stars. The game I watched was on Saturday and we were up 14 to nothing and still some of them just sat there. Shouldn't if the team is up that many runs let some of the "bench warmers" play? All the boys are expected to practice the same and are expected to be at games the same, are expected to participate in all the fund raisers the same, etc. etc., but aren't treated the same when it comes down to playing. I understand it somewhat but when a team is up that much I don't.

I don't have one that plays baseball but I do support them when I can. Saturday they had a Diamond Dig and I bought a ticket from one of the players and watched the game. It was a good game and I'm proud of them!!Go to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  08:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know when Coaches Pitch/Little League starts up? I know we had until the end of February to enroll, but we haven't heard when it will start. My youngest is playing again this year. Anybody else's little ones doing it this year?

Go to Top of Page

PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  05:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a great game tonight beating Rabun at their place in our first region game 8 - 1. The boys are now 3 - 1 overall and 1 - 0 in the region. Keep it up!Go to Top of Page
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  06:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats to the team, coaches and all the famlies and supporters!  Keep up the good work!

GrayEagle
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  5:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does anybody know when Coaches Pitch/Little League starts up? I know we had until the end of February to enroll, but we haven't heard when it will start. My youngest is playing again this year. Anybody else's little ones doing it this year?

Call Crystal or Brad at the Rec dept. I know drafts are over and practices are starting for regular baseball.

A strong fish goes against the flow.
Go to Top of Page

PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  06:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another big region win for the Panthers. The boys are now 4 - 2 overall and 2 - 1 in region play. We have a big game Thursday night at Meeks Park against Fannin for the top region spot....come support our boys! The game starts to 5:30 PM!Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  09:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Guys! Way to go!!!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

PantherNation

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  3:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit PantherNation's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the boys are still going strong! 8 - 8 overall and 6 - 7 in the region has them in the playoffs with still more regular season games to go! Senior night will be on April 21st at 5:30 PM at Meeks Park against Hayesville.

The highlights over spring break include a come from behind victory over Rabun and a BIG 8 - 2 WIN over Dawson at their place. It was a sweet victory for everyone there. I don't remember the last time we beat them.

GO PANTHERS!Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PN, glad to here the team is doing so well.  Please keep up the "reporting" for those of us who don't live there (but want to) and for those who can't wait until the newspaper and the NGN comes out the next week.

GrayEagle
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
http://reigndownusa.com/Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy