New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 49 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Real Estate
 Price of new home construction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  03:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone give me a ballpark idea of construction costs per sq. foot in the area? It would be a basic level home not a high end custom. Actually if someone can give me an idea of a "finished shell" meaning a home with the inside unfinished that would be even better.
Thanks

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  10:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spam, I am not an appraiser, but insurance companies use a software by Marshall-Swift and Boeck and an standard dwelling, as opposed to economy or custom/luxury is currently pegged at $100.75 per square foot, finished. Naturally there are regional modifications, for instance your old stomping grounds areound Hartford Ct and Stamford, Ct has an increase factor of .09 to cover the cost of the numerous permits required in that area.

By the way Spam, Portland Oregon has 84 seperate inspections on a home under construction. You can imagine how much that runs up the cost of construction.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Can someone give me a ballpark idea of construction costs per sq. foot in the area? It would be a basic level home not a high end custom. Actually if someone can give me an idea of a "finished shell" meaning a home with the inside unfinished that would be even better.
Thanks

Spam, we have completed the "shell" in Polysteel for a few homeowners in Blairsville and they have finished the inside.  I have references (they are also business owners here) and will provide them for you if you are interested.  Pull up my website and you will find a link to Polysteel of N GA.  We'd love to put a quote together for you. www.Bulldogwood.Com  Click on "photos" to see some of our projects and to get an idea of how the walls are constructed.

Edited by - BlueRose on 02/25/2008 11:09:30 AMGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  8:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we were going to build our vacation home in Helen, we had plenty of time to price shop, due to the fact hubby's home never sells.

Trinity homes are very cheap, Southland custom homes very cheap, but who knows what we're talking about in quality.

We were going to have the builder of my current home build our home there and his quote was cost plus 10%, which we felt was fair, due to the quality of his work and the comfort of knowing that.

The market being what it is, and so many people wanting to seriously sell their homes and nothing flying out the window, my guess is that your best buy will be to buy an existing home from someone, like the builder himself, who just wants out of the waiting game of selling at this time.

There are a lot of people dying to take any offer at all, just so they can move on.

That's just my opinion.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Edited by - Cherry Blossom on 02/25/2008 8:30:31 PMGo to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  8:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ours worked out to about 108.00 per sq. ft but that was turnkey price.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  10:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry, I believe Spam already has some nice property. That's why I made the suggestion.

Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  11:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.
We have a home here already. I spent the better part of a decade as a licensed contarctor and am thinking about having a custom home built in a few years from now. I do not want to do the major framing but don't mind finishing the interior of a shell. Trying to figure out if we sell our place and buy a parcel with a few less acres and I finsih a shell if we can "upgrade" to my wife's ideal house without it costing any additional money.

Something like sorta like this, it is actually a very simple house and should fall on the low end of price per sq. foot to build. Really a 2 story box.

http://www.houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=21795

Edited by - spam4einstein on 02/25/2008 11:38:16 PMGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Tara, yes, very lovely!

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy